Author's Notes: You never know, after reading this, Squaresoft may decide to let me have Squall and Zell…for I have unmanned them…

For His Love

Chapter 16

By Pixie158

Quistis followed Seifer's gaze with her eyes and tried to see whatever it was that he was looking at.

"What are you looking at?"

He gripped her hand tighter and pulled her across the street.

"Nothing, just thinking how nice the beach must be today."

She wasn't buying that for a second, but if that's what he wanted her to think, she saw no harm in playing along.

"Well, we can walk down to the shore if you like. We don't have anything pressing to attend to."

Seifer looked wounded. "Oh, so you don't mind killing time with me since you have nothing better to do?"

Quistis blushed and ducked her head, which earned her another of Seifer's breathtakingly rare smiles.

"I, well, of course not, but, well…what I meant was…"

Thoroughly enjoying her discomfort, her squeezed her hand, taking in the soft color in her cheeks.

"Just teasing you, Instructor. You're just so easy to tease sometimes, I can't help myself."

She kept her head averted, not willing to let him know how his teasing affected her. He wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her closer to his side.

"It kind of makes me wonder what it be like to tease you in a different way. I wonder if you'd blush quite so charmingly."

Quistis frowned, attempting to keep the pink from turning into a more vivid shade of red.

"You are a brute, Seifer Almasy." She'd employed her strictest Instructor's tone when she'd spoke and Seifer's heart beat double time.

"A brute? Why Miss Trepe, I'm hurt. I thought I'd been a perfect gentleman all day." He looked so earnest, Quistis could almost believe he was sincere if she didn't know him better.

"Well, the day's not over yet, is it?" The slight teasing note in her voice made him tip his head back and laugh out loud.

"Quis, you do make me laugh, if nothing else, you always make me laugh."

She turned her eyes on him, taking in the laughter in his blue eyes, his relaxed posture and expression and she felt her own spirits lift. This was the real Seifer Almasy. This lighthearted, teasing man who always had the power to take her breath away. It was so wonderful to have him back. After his personality had begun to alter, she was afraid she'd never get him back, yet here he was. And I won't let him go a second time.

She stopped walking and turned him around by the lapels on his jacket so that he stood facing her. His eyes reflected surprise and she wet her lips with the tip of her tongue as she searched for the right words to tell him all that was in her heart. But as the storm clouds moved in to cover the bright blue of his eyes, she knew that his desire was reflected in her own eyes and there was no way to cover it up.

Oh the hell with it…

She stood up on tiptoes and crushed her mouth to his, surprising herself with her forcefulness. It was just as she knew it would be, his lips were full and soft and feeling them moving beneath her own was driving her crazy. She pressed herself closer still and wound her arms around his neck. This spurred Seifer into action and he tightened his arms around her and lifted her up slightly as his mouth moved possessively over hers.

She moaned against his lips, barely resisting the urge to wrap her legs around his waist. She couldn't believe that he was holding her, kissing her, at last. He felt like heaven and Quistis prayed fervently that he would never let her go.

Voices penetrated her hazy thoughts and she realized in horror that someone was whistling. Horrified, she broke the kiss and tried to loosen his hold on her. He didn't put her down and it seemed as though he had no intention of letting her out of his arms. Their lips were almost touching when he leaned his forehead against hers and whispered,

"Where do you think you're going?"

Her breathing was coming in little gasps and although she wanted to look around to see where the catcalls were coming from, she couldn't look away from him…and those eyes.

"I…nowhere." She breathed. He appeared to consider her for a second longer and then he closed his eyes as he lowered his head to hers once more. His kisses were slow and drugging, making it impossible to think at all. She breathed in his scent, reveling in his taste, that sharp, spicy flavor that was his alone. She wanted to devour him, and she wouldn't have cared if Balamb's citizens came out en masse into the street and began to stone her for being a loose woman. She was totally wrapped up in this man, had been for so very long. He was going to be hers no matter what she had to do.

Selphie giggled and elbowed Irvine.

"Look Irvy! I told you…didn't I tell you?" She was practically bouncing up and down in her excitement.

"Yes, Selph, you told me all right, and I didn’t believe you." Irvine rolled his eyes. When Selphie had told him that Quistis had a thing for Seifer, Irvine had laughed and thought that it was about time those two owned up to their feelings. Whenever they got around each other they were like two cats on a woodstove. But Selphie wouldn't remember him agreeing with her, because she wouldn't be able to say…I told you so. He didn't mind. It was just another of the crazy little things that made Selphie who she was.

"Gosh, it's just so romantic…I thought for sure Quisty would die before making a scene like that, but she doesn't even care. She must have it really bad for him after all." Another sigh that would have made the average man want to vomit had Irvine moving closer to her and trying to pull her into the circle of his arms.

"Hey Selph, you want romance? I can show you romance." But as he moved his head closer to hers she elbowed him in the ribs again and grunted at him as she continued to stare at Quistis and Seifer in unadulterated awe.

"Not likely, there, buddy, we're standing in the middle of the street here!"

Irvine released his hold on her and shook his head, pulling his hat down over his eyes. One day he was gonna strangle that girl.

Squall lay beside Zell in a tangle of arms and legs. His body was covered in a fine sheen of sweat and Zell was still struggling to catch his breath.

Squall didn't think he was capable of speech, but his heart was near to bursting with all the things he wanted to say. However, being Squall, he had no idea how he would be able to articulate how he felt so he simply moved closer to Zell and buried his face in his neck.

Zell understood immediately what Squall wanted to convey and he pulled him into his lap and wrapped his arms around him while he nuzzled his hair.

"I love you too."

Squall smiled faintly and rubbed his cheek against Zell's shoulder.

"I don't want to go back to Garden yet." His voice was raspy and quiet and it made Zell want to have him again.

"We're not going anywhere. You and I are staying right here tonight where no one can bother us. We have things to discuss."

Squall looked up at him, eyes wide. Zell steeled himself against that look. It made him want to do unspeakable things to him.

"Don't look at me like that. We haven't settled a thing besides the fact that we're good in bed."

Squall arched an eyebrow at him.

"Especially since we didn't make it to the bed yet."

Zell smiled, always amused when Squall made a witty remark. It didn't happen often. Squall rolled away from Zell and tried to stand. Zell pulled him back to the floor and tangled his legs around Squall's.

"Uh Unh. You aren't leaving. You're gonna stay right here with me and if I want to lay on the floor all night with you in my arms, then that's what you're gonna do."

Squall didn't respond, but Zell felt him smile against his chest and he relaxed his hold somewhat, secure in the knowledge that Squall didn't want to escape him.

"I can't tell you how I feel about you, Zell. The words won't come out right." He sounded annoyed with himself and Zell stroked his back softly.

"Do you love me?"

Squall didn't hesitate.

"Yes."

"Enough to trust me and give this relationship a chance? No more running from me?"

There was a pause and Squall closed his eyes and hugged Zell tightly against him.

"Yes."

Zell felt his heart lift and he dropped a kiss onto Squall's head, his hair tickling his nose.

"Well, then let me find you a brush, then I'll ask you again."

Squall reached up and pulled a lock of Zell's hair and smiled in satisfaction when Zell grunted.

"Hey! I didn't pull your hair!" He was using his 'whaddyamean there's no more hotdogs' voice.

"Well, no. Not this time you didn't."

His words were enough to turn Zell's thoughts elsewhere and before he could stop himself, he leaned backward onto the floor, pulling Squall on top of him.

Feeling his length stretched out over Zell's, skin to skin, Squall felt the familiar pull of desire begin in his belly. Stroking his hands over Zell's hair, pushing the spikes out of his face, he tentatively touched his lips to Zell's.

Zell ran his hands up Squall's back causing him to break out in chills.

"Zell…" He didn't quite know how to ask for what he wanted.

"Hmmm?" Zell hummed his response.

Squall paused, feeling Zell's response in more ways than one, mostly against his leg.

"I want you." There, he'd said it. But would Zell understand?"

Zell lowered his hands and grabbed Squall's rear tightly, wringing a gasp from him.

"I want you too. I want you now, right now." His kisses grew bolder and he lifted his knees until his feet were flat on the floor, causing Squall to lose his leverage.

He braced a hand on Zell's chest, separating them somewhat.

"No, you don't understand what I'm saying." He sounded embarrassed.

Zell raised up on his elbows and peered into Squall's face, the setting sun playing host to the evening's shadows. It was getting dark.

"What do you want, baby? You can tell me."

Squall tried to roll away, flustered. Zell clamped his hands around Squall's wrists.

'Uh Unh…remember what I said, no running."

Squall lay against him, not relaxed, but trapped anyway. He didn't know what to say and he was becoming increasingly frustrated with himself.

Zell began to realize the problem and a bright smile spread across his face.

"Oh, I get it. You want me." He released one of Squall's wrists and pulled him down by the back of his neck. Squall could feel his breath on his cheek and the want began to stir within him.

Zell spoke softly into his ear, his breath teasing.

"You want to fuck me, don't you?" His voice was almost a whisper.

"You want to get inside me…don't you?" He taunted Squall, loving his silent anger, knowing that when he ran out of patience, he would become more aggressive.

"You can have me, Squall…you know that. All you have to do is take me. But will you do it? Can you do it?"

Squall pulled free of Zell's grasp and pinned his wrists to the floor. He didn't say a word, but his eyes were adamant in their indignation and Zell quietly rejoiced. How he loved to provoke the lion. His punishment would be the closest to Heaven he'd ever been.

Squall let go of Zell's wrists, but he knew he wouldn't move. Zell knew how to play the game. It was one of the reasons Squall couldn't get enough of him. He slid his hands lightly down Zell's chest, slowing a little when they passed over his belly. Zell moaned softly.

Squall's erection was full and high and he had no intention of drawing this out. He needed Zell in the worst way; he'd apologize later for his lack of consideration. He slid his hands under Zell's ass and lifted him roughly, unceremoniously. He pressed forward against Zell's legs, folding them against his chest, pushing his lower back up off the floor. Zell moaned Squall's name over and over in his mind, the anticipation almost overwhelming.

Squall closed his eyes as he prepared to enter Zell until he heard Zell's faint voice.

"Do it, Squall, do it now, I can't wait any longer…please."

Squall's need took over and he lost control, finally. Pushing hard on the backs of Zell's thighs, he raised him even higher, opening him to the coming invasion. He pushed into him roughly, totally beyond any ability to tease or excite.

He thrust back and forth, his movements jerky and uneven and Zell came undone at his display of unbridled lust. He came suddenly in a wide arc, covering Squall's chest, crying his name. Squall wasn't far behind. After three or four pummeling thrusts, he exploded into Zell, collapsing onto his body, his chest slick with the evidence of Zell's orgasm.

He lay there, panting and trembling and not for the first time, felt his words desert him as sleep claimed him. Zell sat up, cradling his exhausted lover in his arms. He supposed that there would be no talking for the next few hours and so he stood easily, still holding Squall tight to his body. He took the few steps necessary to his bed and deposited Squall gently. After covering him with the blanket that hung over the foot of the bed, Zell eased in beside him, gathering him into his arms as he closed his eyes. And for the first time in days, he was at peace.

 

Author's Note: *Okay, so I wasn't ready for them to get back into the real world…sue me…I couldn't help myself. I'm just a romantic….

Return to Archive | next | previous