DISCLAIMER: I do not own Squall or Seifer. I had a pair of muses but they kind of wandered off…. ^-^’

Author's Notes: The others characters and ALL song lyrics found within this fic are MINE. Please do not steal without permission.

This story takes place a few years after the game takes place. I don’t really elaborate on what happened to the other characters. It doesn’t really have anything to do with the story itself. I don’t really spend a lot of time on the other characters because they aren’t completely relative to the story.

All but one section is written in Seifer’s POV. The POV change is listed so don’t worry about being confuzzeled. :D

This was written for a contest on a SxS mailing list. Please read and review :D Feel Free to e-mail me comments at Sodoshiin @ hotmail.com

Thanks to Elise Maxwell and WolfPilot06 for being meh betas!

Darkness Falls

Chapter Eight

By Sodoshiin

He sat on his bed with his guitar, plucking gently at the strings, with the afternoon light shining in through the window. I didn’t really know if he was trying to play anything really or just playing for the hell of it, but was relaxing and I was enjoying his company.

I was lounging beside him, my head near his feet, not doing much of anything in particular but watching him.

We hadn’t had a lazy day in a long time.

I had his bare foot in my hand, the other reaching up into his pantleg to massage his calf as he played.

He tossed a smile at me as I kissed his ankle lightly, nice and clean and soapy smelling from the shower we’d shared earlier that morning.

It had been three days since we’d made love for the first time, and since then I hadn’t been away from him for more than an hour.

I think the guys suspected something. Not that I cared.

I glanced up the length of his body and watched his face as I started to play with his toes. They curled in my fingers and he laughed, his fingers momentarily leaving the strings to slap me on the ass. “Bored?”

“Nope,” I replied, taking one of his perfectly clean toes into my mouth and nibbling on it. I grinned around it, watching him try to keep a straight face as he arched an eyebrow.

I moved a little to take one of his hands and brought the palm to my mouth, kissing it lightly.

“You just like the smell of my soap don’t you.” he laughed, setting the guitar aside with his free hand and sprawling out next to me.

“Mmmhmm..” I pulled him into a kiss, letting my lips linger on his. “You’re my new drug.”

“Wanna head out to get some food?” He watched as I tangled my fingers with his before looking me in the eye.

“Not really.” I told him. “Maybe in a bit.”

I pulled him closer, starting to pull his shirt up.

“Sounds good to me.” he mumbled, smiling in that mischievous way I was getting starting to love.

I had other plans.

“You know….” I told him, watching him as he started to unbutton my shirt. “I think that I really needed this.”

“I’ve been needing it forever.” He breathed, dragging his lips down my chest. “Feels like longer….”

“And I’m planning on making it last as long as I can.” I assured him. “Because I think I love you too…”

He laughed, turning me onto my back, straddling my waist and leaning down to kiss me. “Even if you don’t I’ll MAKE you love me, and you’re going to like it.”

You weren’t going to get any arguments from me.

Return to Archive | next | previous