DISCLAIMER: I do not own Squall or Seifer. I had a pair of muses but they kind of wandered off…. ^-^’

Author's Notes: The others characters and ALL song lyrics found within this fic are MINE. Please do not steal without permission.

This story takes place a few years after the game takes place. I don’t really elaborate on what happened to the other characters. It doesn’t really have anything to do with the story itself. I don’t really spend a lot of time on the other characters because they aren’t completely relative to the story.

All but one section is written in Seifer’s POV. The POV change is listed so don’t worry about being confuzzeled. :D

This was written for a contest on a SxS mailing list. Please read and review :D Feel Free to e-mail me comments at Sodoshiin @ hotmail.com

Thanks to Elise Maxwell and WolfPilot06 for being meh betas!

Darkness Falls

Chapter Seven

By Sodoshiin

By the time we got back to the hotel, Squall seemed to be feeling the after-effects of the drugs as he sobered up. I was half carrying him through the suite toward his room.

“Bathroom.” he muttered.

“Feeling sick?” I looked down at him as he buried his sleep looking head against my arm.

“I feel dirty…” he muttered. “And my head hurts……”

“That’ll pass in a while…” I set him down on the toilet as soon as we made it to the bathroom and eyed him. “Do you need any help?”

“No… I’ll be alright…” He assured me.

“I’m going to make some coffee, if you need anything just let me know alright? I’ll only be in the common room…”

“…whatever….”

That was good enough for me. I shut the door to the bathroom and headed for the common room that adjoined all our rooms. Even from here I could hear the water from his bathroom running. It was probably a bad idea to leave him alone but I wasn’t far away… I wondered if we’d already woken up any of the others.

I tried not to think about what Squall had said, tried to focus on the problem at hand. It was hard, almost painful. I WANTED to digest it. It wasn’t as if it was that hard to figure out.

Squall loved me. He offered himself like a piece of meat just to show me, to prove to me what a fool I was, that all I needed was right under my nose the whole time.

I wanted him. I really did. But I didn’t know if it was love… I didn’t see the point of him wasting his time on me, even though I needed him…

And I was an even bigger fool for not seeing just how badly he needed me too. He’d gone and sunk to my level because of my stupidity.

My poor Squall….

I was such a fucking moron.

He’d been in the shower for nearly an hour.... a week ago I would have just walked in...nothing I haven’t seen before...nothing he needed, or usually wanted, to hide. This time I hovered outside of the doorway.

I knocked when the shower turned off. “Can I brush my teeth?”

“Sure come on in.” he replied, not bothering to ask why I didn’t use my OWN bathroom to do it.

I opened the door and stepped into the steam-filled room.

He had a towel wrapped around his waist and another drying his hair as he stood near the bathtub.

I watched him through the fogged up mirror as best as I could.

He was right there.....

I wanted to run my hands down the curve of his back, kiss his neck, smell his hair....

I grinded the brush against my teeth, biting down the sudden heaviness in my chest, the burning sensation in my eyes.

Both hands met the sink, the toothbrush clinking lightly against the porcelain. I grabbed for the small stack of paper cups near the hand soap and filled one up, rinsing out my mouth with the coldest water I could get.

Arms came around me from behind, my shirt collar was pulled away slightly, the softness of lips tickling the nape of my neck.

“I miss you...” I whispered to him, setting my toothbrush in the sink and moving my hands over his.

He nuzzled the back of my shirt, still warm from his shower. “I love you.”

Damn....I was sick of second guessing.

He gasped lightly as I turned, pressing him firmly against the wall, my face inches from his. My eyes dragged down his naked form as I held him in place, his wrists secured over his head against the wall but my hand.

His eyes darted around nervously as he struggled the tiniest bit, probably uncomfortable from the coolness of the textured wallpaper against his damp backside. “Seifer…the guys…”

“Are sound asleep.” I leaned in and kissed him, letting my lips drag lightly over his. “And if they aren’t, oh well….”

The fingers of my free hand trailed from the tip of his nose to his lips. I made a small noise in my throat as he took my three main fingers into his mouth and slowly began to suck at them.

God, he was beautiful.

I began to trail my fingers down his body again. His lips remained moist and parted against mine. His cheeks were flushed, his eyes half closed watching my hand slide over one of his nipples then to his abdomen and lower to play with his naval ring.

“About that guy in the club….” I told him, my voice low, my breath causing the hair near his ear to brush against his cheek. “You weren’t really going to sleep with him were you?”

He pulled back a little and looked up at me. “What kind of a slut do you think I am?”

I frowned. “Well you don’t really make it a habit of discussing your sex life….”

“I don’t know.” he admitted. “Probably not. The drugs weren’t helping though…”

“But you were willing to let me do anything I wanted to you.”

“You still CAN if you want.”

I couldn’t help but glare at him. “I’d like to think this has nothing to do with our little deal.”

Well THAT shocked him. His face completely changed after that, his eyes widened, and something in them changed. “But…..I thought you wanted sex…”

“I do.” I leaned in and purred in his ear, pressing my body against his damp, hot one. “But I’d rather it be something you want, and not something you feel obliged to do….” He started to speak but I interrupted him before he could get anything out. “And, if it’s all the same to you, when I wake up tomorrow morning I want you to be there, and the next morning, and the next morning…”

He smiled a little bashfully, fumbling with the buttons on my shirt. “Why don’t we just concentrate on tonight for now.”

“Only if you promise you’ll be here when I wake up.” I told him.

I don’t know if it was a laugh, it sounded like one, but it seemed rather involuntary.       

He nodded, wrapping his arms around my neck as I half carried him backwards through the bathroom door into the bedroom....

He was curled around me when we woke up the next morning, the thin white under-blanket barely covering his nude form.

Not that I was complaining.

The only person who would see him was equally as naked and probably covered in less.

I didn’t check.

I glared at the clock, seeing we’d overslept by a little over two hours and I thought about waking up Squall.

Instead I pulled the blanket around him better and went back to sleep.

Return to Archive | next | previous