Author's Notes: I finally wrote a continuation to The Lion's Tears! ^_^ Though it is rather short, I thought it was a good way to end it.

The Lion's Success

By Redrum

He's dead. He finally succeeded. I hope he's happy, wherever he is. I wish I could have been there for him, but he pushed me away. I tried to help... I really did. But maybe I didn't try hard enough? I think I saw his death coming.

A month before he finally killed himself he was ghostly pale (more so then ever), his cheeks were hollow, and he had dark circles underneath his eyes. His eyes... they were so dead. Ever since I left him standing there in his room, towel dripping wet, his eyes changed. To most people his eyes held no emotion. But I saw them. I saw when he was happy, I saw when he was angry, sad. But after leaving him alone... and seeing him the next day. He just looked at me, I was so shocked I almost gasped out loud! His eyes held no colour, they were just a wall of grey. I couldn't take it anymore, I tried to talk to him. And you know his reply? "Whatever." Maybe I made a mistake when I left him...

No one else seems to care about his death, except for Seifer. Though I don't know why. Considering they were rivals throughout their whole lives. But maybe it was more then that? Maybe that's why Squall didn't want to take it further with me. He once mentioned that he didn't want to be hurt a third time. Ellone was the first, Rinoa the second... so I guess when Seifer came back to the Garden and completely ignored Squall (even when Squall went out of his way just to say hi to the guy), it really hurt him. I just wish he would have given me a chance. I wanted so much to take away his pain. But he's gone... and I have to accept that. I have to move on. Even if my heart lies in that grave with him, I have to go on living. I don't want to die by my own hand like Squall. He wouldn't have wanted it. No matter what he said other wise. I'm sure going to miss him though...

Return to Archive | prequel