Author's Notes: The '*'s indicate a new chapter. This is a shounen-ai story, as in there's no graphic descriptions of intercourse, (No sex please, we're british!) but there's plenty of snogging.

Squall Almasy

Chapter 7

By Takira

Squall parked up at Garden and rested his head on the steering wheel. Tifa hesitantly poke her head through the window.

"Sir, are you okay?"

"Just leave him, T," said Nida matter-of-factly. "He's always like this."

"You will refer to me as Sir," Squall growled, stepping out of the car and glaring at Nida. "And don't presume to know what I'm like it's not like I've spoken to you at all in the last six years." Takira sidled up beside Nida and sniggered.

"I thought he was your 'bestest ever friend'," she slurred sarcastically, "that he 'confided in you as his right hand man.'" Squall started walking toward his office with the three SeeD's tagging along behind.

"We are friends, I swear! He's just in a bad mood."

"Oh, shut up, Nida, I can see why he hates you," said Tifa, speeding up. Tifa frowned, why would he be in a bad mood anyway, hadn't they done their job? Once inside his office, Squall only vaguely acknowledged the others before turning on the SeeDs.

"You idiots!" The SeeDs were taken aback, expecting praise. "You goddamn idiots! What possessed you to attempt to arrest Seifer? What exactly where you basing it on?!"

"We...er, we had orders to...to get you back sir," Tifa stuttered. "We thought Seifer had.."

"You thought nothing, you just don't like him and so assumed that he would kidnap me which, if you knew him, is ridiculous! Takira, SeeD rule number 9." This sudden focus of attention threw Takira, making her stutter and mouth stupidly. Squall shook his head. "It's 'Never assume a situation.' It's more than likely wrong. For the first time in years Seifer was starting to feel accepted and now you've gone and ruined everything! Can't you people grow up?!!" he exploded. He towered over them, snarling. "It's been six years....get out!" All three quickly scurried out of the office, severely dented. Squall slumped down into the sofa and closed his eyes. "Selphie..."

"I swear, Squall, I didn't tell them to arrest him. I made it perfectly clear to just bring you back."

"Why, don't you think I can look after myself?" Suddenly Selphie had enough. She had had a shitty morning because of this guy and no he was yelling at her.

"What the hell were we meant to think!" she yelled, grabbing Squall's attention rather fiercely. "You two just fuck off into the Alcauld Plains and don't make any kind of contact leaving us here to wonder whether or not you're dead!" Her voice started to break. "I had to take the 1st year assembly this morning, because you had your keys I couldn't get into your office to find your notes. I had to make something up at the last minute it was humiliating! I had no idea what to say!" Tears were streaming down her face at this point. "Then Xu came in, bitchy as always and....started yelling then....fight, with Zell...and," Selphie broke down, collapsing into the waiting arms of Irvine, who was not so subtly glaring at Squall. Rinoa gracefully waited or her first chance to speak to her lost boyfriend.

"We were really worried about you, what with the T-rexaurs...are you alright?" Squall sat up properly and nodded. He knew what she was thinking and it made him feel terrible to hurt her like this. Unfortunately, it was true, they were better off apart. Quistis broke the silence.

"I want to check you anyway," she said, touching the slight bruise on his cheek where the T-rexaur caught him. Silently Squall stood up, glancing at Selphie apologetically, before skulking into the lift. Irvine lowered a weeping Selphie onto the sofa and cuddled her till she was just sniffling.

"Sorry guys, I think I went a little overboard."

"Dun worry, Sefie," Irvine drawled soothingly. "I think he had it coming sooner or later."

"I'll go talk to him, there's something really getting to him," said Quistis, following Squall into the lift. Zell looked up from his hotdogs and glanced around.

"Where's Seifer?"

Return to Archive | next | previous