Warnings - ANGST ANGST!!! SAP!!!

Very depressing in first parts. I don't know what pushed me to write something like this. I'm a very happy person. ^_^ ;

YAOI YAOI YAOI YAOI ((d'uh, what ELSE do I write using this penname?))

C&C are welcomed and encouraged. ^_^

Flames will be used to make smores for Ifrit and his little minions. Thanks!

These guys don't belong to me!!! They belong to Square....lucky Square, gets most of the good game bishies. :p @ Square. o_O I wonder who Gackt belongs to... *gets evil ideas*

Reflections

Chapter Three

By Sodoshiin

I was called by a dim light.
There was a fleeting memory of my dream
and the voice whispering.

The strings of the past are now fading,
and they show me the image of scenery I
could no longer see in a present time.

The image is you, here beside me.....smiling.

Yes....I remember it like it was yesterday.
You looked at me and touched my soul
deeper inside than anybody could.

The joy of sharing,
and that fateful encouter with you,
even out tender memories,
everything leaves me behind and vanishes into the light.

Within my fading memories,
still, I wanted to hold you once again..
I keep on shouting your name, so sad and painfully
until my voice withers.

"Where in the world do human beings come from,
and where do they end up?
My precious loved one, only you are missing...."

You dropped your eyes and you were shuddering,
and I wanted to embrace you with my very own arms.
I realized that I wanted to protect you,
in this whole world,
and only you.

I will vanish in a moment but still,
I do not want to let you go.
So sad and painful, the days you hold me,
I will never forget....

- Translation of Sekai ~Story~ original song and lyrics by Gackt

 

 

Squall

I walked slowly up the stairs and to my room. I hadn't seen Seifer in a few days... he was hibernating again. I hadn't even spent fifteen minutes with him and I'd scared him off again.

Maybe it was better that way.

Sliding to my knees I opened the bottom drawer to my dresser, picking up a few shirts.

Under were the things i treasured most in the world, another ring, a picture with a frame, and a small box.

I took the box out and opened it, peering inside.

At the bottom sat a picture Selphie had taken. It was from the time we'd gone to the zoo. Seifer and I locking in an embrace, facing the camera. Seifer had his head down, as if he thought not looking at the camera could wish it away. He was smiling though. He was looking down at me, with my head against his chest, my arms wrapped around his waist. Half my face was buried in his neck, the other half glancing lightly at the camera.

Behind us stood the snow leopard cage. Only one cat was visable, glaring over Seifer's left shoulder. It was amazing none of the three figures had red eye.

Looking at the cat, not really knowing why it came to mind, I thought of Rufus. I wondered what had happened to him.

Quistis would have taken good care of him, so I didn't worry. I wondered if he'd remember me if I'd gone back.

I looked back at Seifer and for the one millionth time I appologized.

Appologized for being weak when he needed me the most.

For failing him.

For letting him leave me.

It was dark outside. He was asleep by now probably.

I hoped he would leave soon. I was torn enough as it was, I didn't need him to add onto it.

I heard a crash from downstairs and immediately stood, putting the picture back into the box and setting it on my bed.

I went to the doorway and peered down the stairs.

It was dark in the kitchen.

Seifer had probably gone for a midnight snack and crashed into a few things without turning the light on.

I headed down the stairs and sighed. "Next time turn the light-"

I was thrown against the wall and pinned there.

I could feel someone move past me and head up the stairs while my vision adjusted to the dark.

There were six of them, including the one heading to my room.

I didn't recognize them, nor did I want to.

These must have been the guys Ginny was talking about.

"Keep your mouth shut." the one pinning me, apparently the leader, ordered.

"There's no one else here." I assured him, surprised that my voice wasn't shaking. "And I don't have anything of value."

"We'll see." The leader gestured behind him. "Check in the other rooms."

I was turned just in time to see the man that had gone upstairs head back down.

He was brandishing the picture.

"Aw, isn't it sweet?"

"It's not worth anything, just, just go away, i don't have anything." I tried to tell them.

"Well, it seems to me that this has some sentimental value." The man holding the picture grinned lecherously at me. "I mean, lookit all the fingerprints. Old flame? You use the picture to jerk off?"

"You don't know anything." I spat at him.

I don't know where the lighter came from but suddenly the picture was on the floor, on fire, and the man laughed at me.

"No!" I dove for the picture but was grabbed but a number of hands, lifted, and pulled onto the table.

Two of the goons pinned me down while the other one began hitting.

After the first few punches my body started to go numb.

"Hey, there ain't nothin' here." One of the man huffed.

"You're kidding me." The leader growled. "There has to be something."

The man hitting me had stopped, grabbing my chin into his hand. "Where's the goods?"

I didn't reply. No matter what I said they wouldn't believe me, so what was the point....

He hit me again.

For once I wished I could just black out.

Instead, everything numbed. I couldn't feel, I couldn't taste, I couldn't hear, couldn't move, couldn't blink...all I could do was see.

The man on me was yelling, but I couldn't hear him.

I could see the two others behind him, laughing.

I could only stare and watch as the leader pushed him aside and brought out a small, sharp blade. His mouth moved, but I still couldn't hear.

The two that held me were grinning down at me.

They were going to kill me.

There wasn't anything else to take....

And for a moment it hit me.

It didn't matter, I had nothing to save myself for...

The leader's face was contorted with obscene glee as he moved the blade of the knife towards my neck.

Then one of the goons in the background was thrown backwards by a force I couldn't yet see, all of them turned.

The chest of the man on me seemed to explode.

Blood rained on me.

The body landed on mine, but I couldn't move to push it off.

One by one they fell.

Then there was nothing.

All I could see was the ceiling and the top of the head that had landed on my chest, both horribly blurred to the point where I could hardly tell them apart.

I still couldn't move.

Then the body was gone, and there was a form above me.

As my senses slowly began to return I could feel a hand on my neck, checking for a pulse.

My vision cleared a little and I saw Seifer, hovering above me, blood splattered and pale faced, gunblade in hand.

His mouth moved, but I still heard nothing, nor could I move to reply.

He seemed to sense this and moved to pick me up....no...I wasn't lifted, just held....cradled like a child.

Then my body gave out and I fell into blackness.

I was dimly aware of hands on my body in midsleep and for a moment, even in my subconcious, I panicked.

But these hands touched me differently.

They smoothed over my brow and gently caressed my face.

A dream.

They were too familiar to be real, and the only one that had ever touched me like that was dead...

I suppose it could have been Seifer, the real Seifer, but my heart told me it was him....MY Seifer....and it ached.

It ached because my head knew it wasn't real.

It was strange, that my head and heart had agreed on something.

They both wanted it to be real.

But soon the touches ceased and I was left dormant.

I longed for those hands to return, but prayed they didn't.

Then all sense left and I returned to other dreams.

Return to Archive | next | previous