Notes: Gift ficcie for Ragefire for being the 3500th hit to Penguinland. This is an au, Seifer and co are still seeds everything’s normal except that Squall is not there and never was there.

Poor Little Rich Boy

By Purple Penguin

He had been walking for what felt like miles through dusty plains. He was so tired; his trousers legs dragged round his ankles, ripped and dirty. The mission was supposed to be easy, little did they know that the whole drug organization that they thought were dead were waiting for them. Seifer had been chased out along with the others, he arrived in time to see the ship pull away from the shore and leave him behind. He knew his friends were probably trying to get the ship to go back but rules were rules and it was too risky for them to stop and wait for him.

Now hours later when he ran for his life, his sprint had slowed to a jog, to a walk and now to a staggering walk. It was the middle of the day and the Centra sun beat down on him, he was sure his legs were about to drop out from under him.

A little town appeared on the horizon, he had never been so grateful to see a strange town before. He let out a small smile as he leant on the signpost. Berry bush town. If he wasn’t so tried he would have smirked at the name. He headed straight for the building with the large sign reading: Hotel.

The first thing he noticed was a woman in a emasculate cream dress with matching hat standing by the door. She stopped and ran her eyes over his tatty clothes, grey with dirt and messy blonde hair. He looked a mess and she grimaced at him. A man in a plaid business suit had the same look and walked as far round him as possible.

The blonde rolled his eyes and walked up to the counter. The man behind the desk looked at him the same way.

“I don’t think we can help you here sir.”

The blonde sighed and reached into his pocket. He knew this sort of people; he knew what they loved best. He waved a few 100 gill notes at the man, seeing his eyes light up like Christmas trees.

Why couldn’t he have wandered into a little farming town, or an ocean side town like FH and Balamb? At least he worked for his money this lot probably didn’t know what work was, born into it and mummy and daddy handed it out to them.

“How much for the week?”

“It’s 1000 gill a night.”

Again Seifer rolled his eyes, pulling out his Lv A seed card and handed it over. Quistis was so going to kill him for this, okay so all the top Seeds have an amount of money given to them to use with their cards but that was for emergency like amputation.

The man at the desk handed him the keys to No.7 and his card back.

“Leave your clothes at the door and the maid will see to them.”

The blonde nodded and headed straight for his room to sleep. He almost forgot to get undressed before he fell into bed but he really needed clean clothes so he did as he had been told and put them outside the door. He wondered what sort of town he had wandered into, what sort if any transport they had so he could leave and go home. He had to find a phone to ring his best friend Zell, he could tell Quistis who was the commander what had happened to him. There was plenty of time for that later, he striped down to his boxers and slipped under the covers, falling asleep almost straight away.

It was dark by the time he woke up, confused as to what had woken him he looked over at the door and saw a pile of clean, folded clothes. He smiled and sat up. It was only 9:00pm still time to go and explore his temporary home. He took a quick shower and got dressed. A note lay on top of his folded shirt saying that his trench coat would take longer. He smirked, that was probably the first real wash that coat had ever had in the 7 years he had owned it.

The town was bigger than he was expecting, it surprised him that he didn’t know the place existed, he had been to most places on missions or insane holidays with his friends. Selphie drove him nuts with arranging places for them to go. Selphie, Quistis, Irvine, Zell and himself had been friends since they were all very young, they met in an orphanage and grew up together. Even though sometimes he ran screaming from Selphie, wasn’t so sure about some of the things Irvine had done, teased Zell and couldn’t understand some of Quistis’ long words, he wouldn’t trade them in for anything.

Seifer looked up to see that he had wandered into a even richer part of town with huge houses with spotless gardens, he was about to turn back when he spotted a house in particular. A solitary figure sat there, a boy, no a man, a young man with sad eyes staring off into the distance.

Seifer approached the pure white veranda but still the other man hadn’t noticed him. The blonde bit his lip; he was beautiful with perfect chocolate brown hair, pale skin and bright if sad eyes. He cleared his throat causing the other boy to jump, looking up, brushing back his brown bangs. He looked over Seifer’s tattered trousers and frowned instantly.

“Who are you?” He demanded in a posh, well-spoken voice. He was clearly as rich and posh as the rest of the town.

“Hi I-err-I’m new in town, kind of got stranded here actually.”

The brunette was giving him a ‘do I care?’ look.

“So I was just looking around to -you know get to know the place a little better.”

“Well you don’t have to get to know this part of town.”

The blonde took a step forward onto the first step of the veranda. “Well I was passing; you looked kind of sad so-”

The brunette stiffened.

“Anything I can do to help?”

“It’s none of your business!” He snapped. “And get off my porch!”

The blonde sighed and stepped back. Oh well, he’d tried he’d been nice with no swear words at all, the other guy should be more grateful.

“Can I at least have a name?” He asked hopefully.

The brunette hesitated. “…Squall… Leonhart.”

The blonde grinned. “I’m Seifer Almasy.”

The glare didn’t lessen so he turned to go. “I’ll see you around.” He muttered, wandered back into the main town looking in the shop windows, surprised to see that one shop was still open. He headed towards it and walked in.

“Hey there.” The owner greeted.

Seifer frowned slightly, surprised that the shop owner wasn’t posh acting like everyone else, this middle-aged man seemed normal enough.

“Hi, you live here?” He asked.

“Nine years.”

The blonde nodded slowly, looking around the small clothes shop, mainly suits he noticed.

“You just passing through?”

“Yeah, I sort of got stranded here actually.”

“Right, well it’s nice to talk to someone whose not all business obsessed for a change.” The older man commented.

“Yeah I know what you mean.” He stopped and studied some boxers and socks, would it be a good idea to get a few pairs of each as all he had with him he was wearing now. Six days in the same underwear? He picked out a few pairs of each and took them to the counter.

“Not many kid your age here these days.”

“No I noticed but… I did see one guy here he looked about my age, maybe younger.”

The shopkeeper frowned. “I’m not sure I know who you mean.”

“A brunette boy on a veranda of one of those really big houses.”

The man smiled and nodded. “Oh yes, Mr. Loire’s house, he owes a big company in Esthar worth millions.”

“Wow, that was his son? But he said his name was Leonhart.”

“He spoke to you? I’m surprised, doesn’t say much that one.” He chuckled. “Leonhart’s the mother’s name but she died when the kid was little. When the father retires, Squall will take over the business and he’s set to marry in a year.”

“Marry? But I haven’t seen any girls here.”

“It was arranged at birth, they’ve never met, I think Mr. Caraway’s daughter will be the lucky girl.”

“So they both have to drop their own lives and get married to a stranger?”

“Yeah so Squall can continue the Loire timeline, keep the business running and pass it on to his children.”

Seifer snorted. “Well call me a romance but that all sounds fucked up to me.”

The other man shrugged.

“How do you know all this anyway?”

“Squall runs errands for his dad, comes in here a lot.”

Seifer nodded. “He speaks to you?”

“I’ve known that kid most of his life, he was happier, friendly as 9 and 10 year old child.”

Seifer picked up his bag on clothes. “Thanks, I’ll see you later.”

The second time Seifer woke up the sun was high in the sky and it was 8:00 in the morning. The sun peeked through the curtains causing him to wince and throw himself out of bed to pull them closed. A sight out the window made him pause and smile. He quickly got dressed and hurried outside. I stood in the road looked down the street at the back of the brunette boy fading into the distance. He ran up and fell into step with the pretty man.

“Nice morning, isn’t it?”

The brunette jumped. “Oh, it’s you.”

Seifer didn’t know whether to be offended or glad he actually spoke instead of ignoring him.

“Yeah, saw you from the window and just couldn’t resist-” He laughed as the shorter man glared at him.

“Now don’t be like that, you’re the other person here who isn’t a complete stiff.”

Silence.

He draped an arm around the other man’s shoulders. “Come on Squall, I’m new here you least you could do is be nice to me while I’m here.”

“I have things to do.”

“Like what? What do you do here?”

He frowned.

“Humour me.” Seifer said.

Squall ducked into a small shop that Seifer had found yesterday. “I- help my father.”

“That it?”

The brunette glared at him. “The business is what’s important; I will be taking over when my dad retires.”

Squall moved round the shop to the suit area and Seifer followed him. “Well what do you do for fun?”

“Fun?”

“Yeah you know what do you do for you?”

The brunette frowned. “W-Well I-err- listen to the radio and err tend to the garden…”

Seifer raised an eyebrow. “Wow you crazy kid you.”

Squall glared at him. “Well what do you do that’s so great?”

“I’m Seed’s best gunblader.” He said proudly.

“Seed?”

Seifer frowned. “You have heard of us, right?”

“It’s non of my concern.”

The blonde shook his head. “We’re mercenaries; we get paid to help people with problems like monsters.”

Squall frowned. “What, bed bugs?”

“Did you just make a joke?”

“Monsters aren’t real, everyone knows that.”

“Err there are plenty of them here, how do you think I wreaked my trousers?”

Squall frowned. “You’re lying.”

“You have been out of the town, right?”

Silence.

“Well where did you go to school?”

“Grey’s all boys’ boarding school.”

“Where’s that?”

“Just beyond the town.”

The blonde stared at him. “You’ve never been out of this little part of the country?”

Squall shook his head.

“Have you ever seen the sea?”

He shook his head. “I-I have pictures, I’d like to go but-” He frowned, realizing he was talking to this guy. “It doesn’t concern me.”

Seifer sighed. “They’ve got you good and training with all this ‘non of my concern crap’ don’t they? You can’t stay here and rot forever.”

The brunette walked to the counter and ordered a suit. “This is non of your business.”

“Maybe.”

Squall went to leave but Seifer called after him.

“We’ll go together.”

“What?”

“To sea and anywhere you want to go.”

The brunette opened his mouth but then shut it again. “I-err- have things to do.”

He glanced back over his shoulder to see the blonde watching him through the shop window, he glared back and headed swiftly home. What did he know about anything? He thought back to when he first saw the annoying blonde on his first lawn. He had been surprised, not many young people in the town nowadays. He was the only teenager, there were a couple kids in his street but that wasn’t the same, everyone older than him was, as Seifer put it a complete stiff. He hadn’t even noticed that the blonde looked poorer than he was until he remembered how he was supposed to act. He longed for some company, someone to talk to, well he didn’t say much but someone to listen would be good, anyone really. He did have the maid but she was doing her job and he knew for his father wasn’t paying her she would never even look at him. The brunette stopped walking in the middle of the street and turned around to stare out at the signpost. What beyond his little town? He had seen carriages ride into town with no tales of monsters, was the blonde lying? Was he crazy?

There were no motorized vehicles in town, too much dust and sandstorms killed the engines, needing work and work meant experts, which meant money to pay them. Horses didn’t complain all they needed against the dust and sandstorms were eye guards and headgear. They break down from dust problems, they didn’t strike if they didn’t get enough money, no mechanics were needed for horses and less money had to be spent. Squall outside beside the signpost and stared out at the nothingness before him. He glared at it, he wasn’t afraid of monsters. He set out into the barren plain, glanced over his shoulder over few minutes to watch the post get smaller and smaller, he stopped when it was just a speak. He sighed, glancing around, this wasn’t what freedom was supposed to fell like, he knew he had to go back to the town eventually, there didn’t seem to be anything else out there for him.

He frowned as he heard a strange shuffling noise. It had been so quiet earlier by now it was getting louder and louder, it started to sound like wings flapping. He looked up in time to see a pair of blue wings and a vicious face inches away from his. He gasped and stumbled back, falling into the dirt in his haste to escape. The creature dived for him, sinking its teeth into his thigh before he could move. Squall reached for the kitchen knife that he carried for when he was out running errands in the dark quiet streets. He thrust the blade at the creature and it sunk into its grey neck. It made a horrible high pitch shriek, he had to jump the knife and cover his ears. It sound faded until the creature fell dead on top of his legs. He sighed in relief, removing the blade and wiping the blue blood onto the rubbery wings. He stumbled to his feet, ignoring the pain in his leg from the bite mark in his thigh. He held the knife out in case there were more. His breathing speeded up as the flying sound came back, louder this time and he saw three of those creatures behind him, flying at high speeds.

He wobbled dangerously on his unstable legs as they zoomed past him, one of them must have dug it’s claws into him on the way past as a sudden pain flared in his shoulder. Another one swooped low attacking his legs causing him to curse and stumble more, his left leg calloused beneath him and he fell hard to the ground. The three vultures hovered in the air waiting to finish him off. He managed to kneel on the good leg and keep the other out in front of him, holding the knife ready. The first bird-like creature to swoop down got a knife in the face, this time it made no sound and died instantly. The knife was buried dead in the monster so he had no weapon, he coward into his arm as he waited for the next two to attack. A sound of something cutting through the air whistled past above him and one of the birds fell dead on top of him. He kicked it away quickly, the body almost cut in two and bleeding all over his shoes. The other bird fell dead too crying in pain as it connecting with something sharp.

Squall looked up and his eyes widened, the annoying blonde stood above him.

“Now do you believe in monsters?”

The brunette just panted in relief, not able to voice any words.

“Are you able to stand?” The other man crouched beside him and pulled him to his feet but his left leg refused to take the weight and he found himself being thrown into Seifer’s arms.

The blonde dug around in his coat pockets. “Here, drink this.”

Squall studied the bright blue liquid suspiciously. “What is it?”

“It’s a potion.”

“It’ll help you walk through the pain until we get back to town and you can show me your injuries.”

The brunette hesitated before downing the contents of the bottle. It tasted of nothing, he didn’t even feel it go down. “What was that?” He asked.

“A potion, I told you that remember?” Seifer sleuthed his blade. “Come on we really have to go, those things are never far from each other, good thing they died quick or else they make a warning call to others.”

Squall turned and hobbled back to town with Seifer by his side, leaning heavily on the blonde by the time they passed the sign post of town. Squall lost consciousness soon after that; Seifer pulled him into his arms and carried him home. He walked up the steps of the veranda and placed the boy on the love seat, digging around in his pockets he found Squall’s house keys. He doubt there was anyone home except for the servants and they he knew they wouldn’t know what to do for him. He tilted the brunette’s head back and held an antidote to the pale lips in case of poisoning, pouring the green liquid down Squall’s throat.

He locked the front door and pulled Squall into his arms once more, heading towards the house. He stopped on the doormat and stared at the spotless house and tall staircase that looked like it never ended.

“Who are you? And what are you doing here?” A harsh, female voice asked.

Seifer spun round to see a woman all dressed in black, she looked angry and evil, arms folded. She saw Squall and hurried forward. “What happened to him? What did you do?”

“Nothing I-” He flinched under her gaze, there was something not quite right about her, she was a cold woman, maybe where Squall got it from.

“Who are you? I didn’t know Squall lived with anyone.”

Her eyes darkened. “I’ve just got into town; I’m like a mother to him.” She gestured for Seifer to follow her as he disappeared up the staircase. He did as he was told and she led him into a large room with two sections. One section had heaps of electrical equipment, TV, DVD, computer etc, all covered in dust and looking like it hadn’t been used in years. The other section had a large double bed, which he placed Squall onto, a few photos littered the cabinets, a mother with Squall’s eyes, his mother he guessed and some guys. The floorboards were bare and polished; the whole room was sparsely decorated. Squal’s room he realized.

“So, what happened to him?”

“Monsters attacked him.”

“There are no monsters here.”

“No but there are outside of town.”

She frowned. “What was he doing outside?”

Seifer shrugged. “Maybe he was curious.”

“Well he never got curious before, what did you say to him?”

“We were talking about how he’s stuck here every day and not allowed to go out and do anything.”

She glared at him.

“Then he walked away and I followed him to keep him safe.” He looked back at Squall. “He’ll be fine with rest.”

“You shouldn’t be filling his head with ideas!”

“Why?” So he’ll agree to marry a complete stranger and look after daddy’s precious business?”

She paused. “How did you know that?”

“I told you, he and I have been talking.”

“He actually told you the-?” Before she could finish her sentence the brunette on the bed groaned and rolled over.

“Squall?” She called.

“E-Edea?”

The she-devil smiled, suddenly not looking so evil after all. “Yes I just got back into town; your father wanted me to check on you.”

Seifer watched. Was this woman dating Squall’s father? How else would she know much?

“I think you should go now.”

He blinked and she was frowning at him again.

He nodded and headed for the door, not wanting to disturb Squall

“Wait.” A quiet voice called.

He looked back over his shoulder; Squall was propped up on one elbow.

“Edea, Seifer saved my life.” He told the woman, before looking back at the blonde. “Thank you.”

“Hey, it’s my job remember?” He left and managed to find the front door to leave the house.

Two days later.

Since that day Seifer had spoken to Squall a few times mainly in the street or the blonde had got to see the brunette, but he was surprised when Squall for once came to him, waiting in the foyer of the hotel. The blonde bowed low in front of him. “To what do I owe this pleasure?” He teased.

Squall glanced round at the people who looked at them both oddly.

“Don’t do that.” He hissed. “Edea had to leave this morning suddenly to go back to the company in Esthar.”

“Oh, something wrong?”

“She didn’t say but some company would be- nice.”

The blonde grinned. “At your house?”

“Yes, if you don’t mind.”

“I don’t know how you mange not to get lost in your house.”

Squall rolled his eyes. “I’ll give you the exciting tour of my house.”

Back the posh neighbour hood the two walked up the neat lawn, a woman across the street looked at Seifer in alarm as he winked at her. Squall elbowed him

“Ow!” He looked offended. “What was that for?”

“Don’t tease Mrs Collins or she’ll tell Edea she saw strange men with me in my house.”

“Strange? Me?”

“Yes, you’re very strange.” He led Seifer up the stairs all the way to the top and showed all the rooms and everything, ending the tour at the back patio doors.

“Christ your bedroom’s bigger than my whole dorm at garden.”

Squall walked outside into the back garden. “This is my favourite place to be.”

It was a simple little garden with perfectly neat grass and flowerbeds round the outside with an old well and a stream leading round the whole garden and up to the well.

“You look after this place?” Squall nodded. “This is where I am on the days that I’m alone.”

“Hmm, so you ever sunbathe naked out here?”

“WHAT?!”

Seifer laughed. “You’re blushing; can I take that as a yes?”

“I-err- of course not.”

“Whatever you say.” The blonde lay down on the grass, stretching out and removing his trench coat.

“What are you doing?”

“Getting comfy.” He looked up at Squall. “Don’t you like to lie in the sunlight?”

Squall frowned. “Like a cat?”

“Meow.” Seifer chuckled. “Yeah, come here.” He patted the spot beside himself.

Squall sat down gingerly.

“I’d love to have all the time you have and be alone as much as you are…. but you hate it don’t you?”

“I never said that?” He looked down at Seifer who watched him knowingly. “It gets boring quickly.”

“Oh I don’t know you have a computer don’t you?”

“Yeah.” He looked puzzled.

“All day to look at porn!”

Squall rolled his eyes. “I’m not into porn!”

The blonde leant up on an elbow. “You’re not? How old are you?”

“17.”

“And you’re not into porn?”

“At boarding school the other boys rigged up the Tv set to get the secret porn channel that the teachers watched.”

Seifer grinned. “And I thought you were innocent.”

The shorter man smiled. “I never used to- watch it, I-err- haven’t got that far yet.”

“What far yet?”

“Well you know, I-err- don’t find girls attractive in that way.”

“Oh?” Seifer grinned.

Squall blushed. “It’s because I don’t see a lot of girls, that’s all.”

Seifer bit his lip not wanting to laugh and Squall to take it the wrong way, he wasn’t laughing at him, he was happy that Squall had unconsciously admitted he was gay.

“You could be a late bloomer.” He mused. “Or not.”

“What’s that mean?”

“So you don’t like girls, so what? Me neither.” He paused. “Ever thought about guys?”

“What?!” The brunette stared at him, blinking in shock.

“Do you find guys attractive?”

“I-I don’t k-know.” He blushed. I think we should talk about something else.”

“Sure but one more thing, huh?”

Squall looked up at Seifer again, eyes widening at how close the blonde had suddenly got to him, face inches from his own. He froze, not pulling away not moving at all; he didn’t know what to do. Seifer brushed his lips gently against Squall’s, it wasn’t really a kiss more just lips touching, the blonde paused to give Squall time to run if he wanted to but Squall didn’t run he still didn’t move at all. The blonde placed his hands flat on the grass on either side of the brunette and gently leaned forward to kiss Squall in a closed-mouthed kiss. The brunette’s eyes fluttered closed causing Seifer to smile and quickly deepened the kiss before the brunette changed him mind. The brunette willingly opened his mouth and slipped his hands in Seifer’s short hair.

The wind blew the patio doors closed with a thud causing both guys to jump apart slightly. Seifer chuckled, flexing his fingers on Squall’s thigh. The brunette blushed and jumped again.

“You ever been kissed before?”

Squall shook his head.

Seifer’s hand moved slowly upwards and he stroked the slight bump in the brunette’s pants; he was half-hard from just kissing.

Squall hit him in the chest playfully. “Don’t look so smug.”

“Do you want me to leave you alone so you can take care of that?” He teased.

The smiled disappeared from Squall’s lips.

“What is it?” Seifer looked concerned.

“I-err- don’t know how.”

Seifer stare at him in disbelief before slowly grinning. “I can teach you.”

The opened his mouth to speak but no sound came out. Seifer shuffled nearer but the brunette backed up.

“Hey, look don’t do that.” He put an arm around the brunette’s shoulder to pull him closer, with a hand on the back of his neck to kiss him again. His free hand then started to work on the pesky belt Squall wore. Seifer had started to think that those grey slacks were the other type of trousers in the whole town, he suddenly wondered what underwear the brunette wore as he gently reached the waistband of Squall’s boxers and ran his fingers under it and he hand inside. Squall flinched and gasped as fingers brushed his cock. Seifer took Squall’s hand in his own and wrapped it around his friend’s erection keeping his own hand on top. He grinned and locked Squall’s lips in his own, giving a slow stroke, the brunette gasped into his mouth. Seifer continued to stroke his friend, falling into a rhythm, he broke the kiss, his mouth having other ideas, licking a trail up Squall’s neck and nibbling at his jaw line. The shorter man shuddered and gripped the grey trench coat in his fingers. His eyes widened as Seifer removed his hand and licked his fingers clean then pulled Squall’s hand to his lips and clean his fingers clean too.

“Now that wasn’t so bad now was it?” He teased.

Squall pouted. “Well what am I supposed to do now?”

“You can practice?” He grinned.

“But I’ll think of you.”

“Is that so bad? Cos I wouldn’t mind.” He smirked.

“What about when you leave?”

The smirk faded. “Um- Squall….”

“I don’t want you to go.”

The blonde looked guilty. “You know I have to go eventually but you can come with me.”

The brunette winced. “I can’t, I have to run the business.”

“But you don’t have to be here, you can take over whenever your dad retires but that won’t happen for a long time right?”

He shrugged.

Seifer sighed and pressed a kiss into his friend’s forehead, getting a small smile in return.

“Can I use your phone?”

The brunette frowned. “Why?”

“I should tell my friend that I’m not dead.”

“And you’ve just thought of this now? You’ve been here for fours days.”

“Well that’s the thing you see, you distract me.” He jabbed Squall in the ribs.

The brunette shrieked then quickly slapped a hand over his mouth and glared at Seifer. “Don’t you have a phone call to make?”

The blonde grinned and pushed himself up headed inside to the phone. He dialled the number and waited.

“Hello?”

“Zell? It’s me.”

“Seifer! Where the fuck have you been?!”

“Long story but I’m fine.”

Squall said something but Seifer shushed him.

“Who was that?”

“Err- that? A friend.”

“Male friend?”

“Yeah.”

“I don’t believe you? You’re supposed to be homesick and missing us not picking up guys!”

“Oh but I missed you chickie.”

“Chickie?” Squall asked.

Seifer grinned at him but said nothing. “And don’t say it like that, it’s not like I’m Irvine.”

“Hey!” A voice said in the background.

Seifer smirked. “Zell? What time is it in Balamb now? Late isn’t it? So what’s the resident cowboy doing in your dorm?”

“Err- we-um-were-um-”

“Yeah I can imagine.”

“Oh shut up Seifer!”

“Listen, tell Quistis that I’m in Centra in Berry bush town and I’ll need a way out of him sometime okay?”

“Okay.”

“Sorry to disturb you two.”

“Fuck you Seifer!”

The blonde laughed and hung up.

“When are you leaving?”

“Soon.”

“Well, You’ll stay here until then, right?”

He smiled. “If you want me to.”

The brunette stood on his tiptoes and kissed his friend on the lips, wrapping his arms around him.

The next day.

Edea was glad to get back into Berry bush town, emergency wasn’t was bad as she thought and she wanted to be near Squall, that poor boy was alone too often. She opened the front door; the house was silent not that that was anything different from usual.

“Squall?” She called.

She walked through the house on the ground floor, stopping when she saw that the patio doors were open, she looked out and flinched, eyes widening.

Squall was asleep in the sunlight but he wasn’t alone, he lay in Seifer’s arms, the blonde was being used as a pillow, his chin buried in Squall’s hair. She glared at the couple, she knew that guy was trouble from the first time she saw him. How was she going to explain this to Laguna? He was not going to like this.

She cleared her throat loudly.

The blonde stirred first. Eyes opening and widening. “E-Edea?”

She stared at him unwavering. “What are you doing here?”

Squall stirred too hearing her talking to Seifer.

“We were talking and we must have fallen asleep, what’s wrong with that?”

The brunette opened his eyes and stared at her. “Edea-”

“You invited him into the house?!” She sighed. “I knew I shouldn’t have left, I knew you were a troublemaker when I first saw you.”

“Troublemaker? How?”

“You’ve confused the poor boy.”

“I’m not confused, Seifer makes me happy.”

The blonde looked down at the smaller man and grinned stupidly at him.

“Squall in a couple of years you’ll be married to a nice girl who can have your children, isn’t that what you want?”

“No.”

“Squall-”

“I don’t want to get married…. I-I think I’m gay.”

Edea’s mouth opened and closed quickly. “Now look what you’ve done!”

“I didn’t make him gay!”

“No but if it wasn’t for you he would never have noticed and the wedding would go ahead, god first that girl tried to date and now you’re gay?”

Seifer glared at her. “You’d be happy to let him be miserable?”

Squall sat up. “Look I don’t want to get married-”

“Squall-”

“I never wanted to get married, I don’t care about her, the business, the house any of it, I don’t want any of it! I never cared but it wasn’t like I had anything else. Find someone else to look after the business… cos I don’t want it.”

The blonde beside him smiled, he had that look like he wanted to grab some pom poms and start cheering him on.

The woman looked sadder now. “Your father will hear of this.” She stormed back into the house.

Seifer chuckled. “That’s the most I’ve heard you say.”

Squall smiled at him. “When you go, take me with you.”

“You sure?”

“Yes, I don’t want to stay here, let me see your world.”

Seifer grinned. “Great, but don’t tell Selphie you haven’t seen the world she’ll make sure you see everything about fifty times.”

Squall linked his arms around his boyfriend’s neck. “Doesn’t sound that bad to me.”

“What about your dad?”

He shrugged. “He’ll be fine probably, if not…” He shrugged.

Seifer chuckled. “This is going to be fuuun!”

He kissed the smaller man happily and Squall kissed him back with a grin.

 

END!!!!

Return to Archive | prequel