Disclaimer: All places, characters are not mine, nothing here is mine, everything belongs to Squaresoft.

Meant To Be

Chapter 9

By Purple Penguin

Seifer sat in his car waiting for Squall to come out of school. They had had the same classes almost all day, and they had lunch together, it was agonizing to be so close yet not being able to touch. Lunchtime was the worst, the brunette was more relaxed and that meant he was sexier. Seifer eyes had stayed fixed on him the whole time, Squall had seemed to sense this and he subtly teased and flirted with the blonde, making his frustration.

Seifer looked up when the passenger door slid open and Squall jumped in.

“Hi.” He smiled.

The blonde grinned. “Hey.” He so wanted to leant over and kiss his boyfriend, they were still in a public area, Ellone should find out through them and not through gossip. Seifer started to engine and pulled out of the car park.

“Do you want me to drop you off outside your town?”

The brunette frowned for a moment. Seifer didn’t want him to go home with him again? Why not? Was something wrong? Instead of asking any of these questions, he nodded slightly then sat there in silence.

Squall was too afraid to ask and Seifer was trying to keep his mind and eyes on the road. When they had got away from the school, the pedestrians and places where people knew them, Seifer pulled the car over to the side of the road.

“I just don’t think it’s a good idea for you to come home with me today.” The blonde leaned forward and pulled the brunette against him.

“Don’t you like me?”

Seifer lightly placed a kiss on the other’s mouth. “I like you too much.”

Squall wrapped his arms around his boyfriend’s neck, pulling him in for a real kiss.

The blonde whimpered in annoyance. “I want to do so much more than kiss you.” Seifer muttered against the other’s lips.

Squall pulled away. “And on that note, we better go so you can have a cold shower.” He chuckled.

“Very funny.”

 

The brunette got home to find his sister leaning on the bar, waiting for him. All the lights were off and she was in the shadows, he didn’t notice her at first.

“Hey, are you okay?”

When she didn’t answer he walked up to her. She suddenly moved forward and slapped him. “Bastard.” She hissed.

Squall winced. He lifted a hand to gingerly touch his stinging cheek. He looked up at her, seeing the anger in her eyes.

“Ellone! What the-” He trailed off, of course he already knew, he had been expecting it for a few days now, she had to find out eventually.

“I’m sorry.”

She sneered at him. “Sorry? Is that the best you can do? Aren’t you at least going to deny it?”

“Would you believe me if I did?”

“No.”

“Then what’s the point. I’m sorry, we were going to tell you.”

“When ? You stole my boyfriend! There would have never been a good time to tell me! I loved Seifer, why did you have the take him? Couldn’t you find anyone else who wanted you in a school full of gay guys?”

“It wasn’t like that; I didn’t mean-” He stopped when he realized what she said. “How did you know there are a lot of gays in my school?”

She shrugged coldly. “Why did you think I suggested it? I thought you might fit in better.”

“What!? So now I’m not normal enough for any other school!?”

“I was trying to help, I felt sorry for my baby brother for all the shit he’s had to put up with! Besides this isn’t about me, this is about you and MY boyfriend; you know the one you stole from me!”

“Look, it’s not that I went out of my way to hurt you!”

“Didn’t you? I don’t go after every guy I’m attracted to, especially when they are someone else.”

“I didn’t know he was with you when I first meet him, I-”

She raised an eyebrow. “You meet him before I brought him home? That’s why you freaked out.” She said the last bit more to herself then to Squall.

“Yeah I didn’t know. I’m sorry, but you can’t help who you fall in love with. We did do the right thing.”

“Right thing? How?”

“He dumped you; we were cheating for long.”

She faked a sweet smile. “Oh that’s all right then, as long as he dumped the girlfriend before he started screwing around.”

The brunette’s eyes narrowed. “We weren’t-, we’re not just screwing around.” He spoke through gritted teeth. He understood she was annoyed and upset but she was making out that Seifer was some kind of male slut and would let her say things like that about his boyfriend.

“Do you trust him?”

“With my life.”

She smiled coldly. “I feel sorry for you; you’re so blind. If he swooped me for someone better what makes you think he won’t do the same with you?”

Squall clenched his fists. “He would do that, he loves me.”

“Are you sure you just aren’t a good fuck to him?”

The brunette hissed and raised a hand to slap her.

“Squall! What the hell is going on here!?”

Both siblings jumped in shock when their father came down the stairs. Their mother followed when she heard her husband shout.

“What is it?” She asked.

“Doesn’t matter.” Squall said quickly. This was bad enough; the last thing he needed was to come out to his parents as well.

“He was going to slap his own sister!”

“Squall! What the hell’s got into you!?”

“Private argument.”

“No, it’s not that private. Why don’t we tell them, Squall?”

The brunette looked at his sister in horror. She wouldn’t, would she?

“Seifer and I broke up.” Her mother opened her mouth to speak but Ellone cut her off. “He cheated on me with my own brother.”

Squall suddenly found the floor very interesting.

His mother gasped and put her over her mouth in shock, his father didn’t seem all that shocked, he raised an eyebrow and his eyes flicked between the two siblings a few times.

“You’re gay?” Raine asked.

“You stole her boyfriend?” Laguna asked.

“Not intentionally. I love Seifer!”

All three of them started to yell and ask questions at once. Squall put a hand up to his forehead; this was giving him a headache.

“Squall, are you listening?”

“What?”

“Are you going to dump Seifer!?” His sister repeated.

“No, never. I thought you wanted me to be happy, Seifer makes me happy.”

“I want to forgive you, but I can’t if you’re still seeing him.”

Squall frowned and backed away towards the door. “Fine.” He left the bar, the town and his family behind.

 

 

Notes: I know Ellone suddenly went mean and did a Rinoa impression, but wouldn’t you be pissed off if that happened to you? And I didn’t want to make her be like ‘forgive and forget’ straight away.

Return to Archive | next | previous