Love Bug

Chapter 6

By Purple Penguin

“Quisty can I ask you something?” The blonde woman sat across from me in the cafeteria.

“Sure what is it?”

“Don’t laugh, but you’re in a relationship so I thought you could help me get this guy I want.”

She grinned. “The great shirt-chaser wants help from me?”

“Don’t.”

She bit her lip and took a deep breath. “Sorry, so you’re usual tactic’s not working then?”

I shook my head. “He runs away from me but I know he’s interested because when I kissed him he returned it.”

She raised an eyebrow. “Who is he?”

I winced and shook my head.

“Oh come on, how am I supposed to help you for you if I don’t know who is it?”

I hesitated. “Nida.”

She looked mildly surprised. “The tutor? I knew you wouldn’t be able to resist him.”

I returned the smile. “But he thinks I’m just after sex and he won’t let me near him.”

“What about this kiss?”

I told her and she laughed.

“It’s not funny!”

“So you’ve flirted and teased him and tried to kiss him?”

I nodded and she laughed. “Well no wonder he thinks you only want sex, have you talked to him? Or asked him out on a date?”

I shook my head. “I’m not very good at that sort of thing.”

She gave me a disbelieving look. “I would have thought you’d had lots of practice.”

“Flirting I can do, but dates and talking?” I shook my head.

She placed a hand on top of mine. “Time to learn.”

I felt like a special agent or something as I hid behind the directory waiting or my prey to come nearer. He was talking to a redheaded girl; she was obviously drooling over him. He smiled politely at her; maybe I should help him out. The girl had good taste but she was moving in on my territory. I crawled round the directory and moved to one side, standing up trying to make it look like I was just walking along normally not hiding on the floor like a crazy person.

I saw them look up at me when I approached them. Nida’s smile faded and I knew he didn’t want to talk to me, the girl sneered, she was jealous.

“Hey Nida.” I smiled at him and nodded politely at the girl.

“What do you want?” She hissed.

I ignored her and focused on Nida. “Can I speak with you a minute?”

He opened his mouth to speak but the girl got there first. “No you can’t we’re busy. Go away.”

“I wasn’t talking to you.” I smiled sweetly at the object of my affection. “Please? It’s important.”

He nodded and followed me down the hall a little way.

“What do you want?”

I leaned in close to whisper to him. “Are you doing anything later today?”

He looked confused and a little hopeful but he tried to hide it. “No, why?”

“I wondered if you wanted to go see a movie with me, there’s a cinema in Balamb, what do you say?”

He looked more than a little shocked. “Umm...y-y-yeah...okay.”

“Great.” I grinned at him. “I’ll pick you up at 6:00 okay?”

He nodded and turned away. That girl instantly ran back to him. I saw him tell her what I’d said. She glared at me and I grinned at her.

When they were out of sight I punch the air. “YESSSS!”

People gave me strange looks but I didn’t really care.

“Okay remember don’t think about sex, don’t touch him, don’t flirt, just be nice.” I said to my reflection in my full-length mirror. Who was I kidding? Me? Not think about sex? Yeah like that was going to happen.

I wanted to make a good impression so I wore black jeans, a green tee and my usual coat was replaced with a long black leather duster. I left off the hat as well.

I grabbed my wallet and walked to his dorm.

“Just a minute.” He called after I knocked.

I almost anted to turn up early to catch him wearing only a towel again.

He opened the door and forced a smile. I slowly looked him over. He wore a navy dress shirt and black pants. I licked my lips and tried to force back the lecherous grin. I couldn’t help it, it was reflex.

“Ready to go?”

He nodded and locked his front door following me. We spoke in small talk all the way to the car. The drive to Balamb was horrible, I didn’t say anything hoping he would but we sat in silence the whole time.

I parked in Balamb and turned to him. “Hey, how about we start over, yeah? I hate this silence.”

“Okay.” He agreed.

I grinned but even though he agreed we still walked along in silence.

We paid for our tickets to this new horror movie about vampires, I offered to pay for him but he wouldn’t let me, so I brought him some popcorn instead.

We sat at the back; he looked even sexier if it was possible. I so wanted to make him relax. I remember how he had melted against me when I kissed him, I considered if but he was a SeeD and I did value my life. I watched him carefully as the adverts went up and I slowly slid an arm round his shoulders he flinched but he didn’t say anything so I guess he didn’t mind.

When he went to grab a hand full of popcorn we ‘accidentally’ entwined fingers. He tried to tug his hand free.

“Let go.” He hissed.

I leaned into kiss him and he tensed.

“Relax, I’m not going to hurt you.”

“I know but-”

I cut him off, pressing my lips to his. It only took a second before he stopped resisting, his arms wrapped round my neck and I heard him whimper slightly.

I pulled back for breath and smiled when he didn’t pull away. I felt his fingers in my hair again. Did he have a hair fetish or something?

Nida looked up seeing a straight couple looking at us in distaste.

“They’re just jealous.” I whispered.

“Of what?”

I nodded to the guy. “Bet he wishes his girlfriend wasn’t such a prude.”

He smiled. “Trust you to say that.”

“Shh!” Someone hissed.

I shot them an annoyed look. “Do you want to get out of here?”

He looked doubtful.

“We could get some food and go down to the docks or something.”

He hesitated before agreeing. “Okay.”

I grinned and slid out of the aisle. On the way out he seemed looser just what I hoped for. He stretched his arms above his head and yawned. “Stuffy in there.”

“Hot?”

He nodded.

“Well I won’t mind if you get the urge to take your clothes off.” I had to laugh at the strange look he gave me. “It was a joke, relax a little huh?”

“Come on I’ll buy you some supper.” I walked off to a fast food van. He let me pay this time. I brought a hotdog for myself and a burger for him.

He made a face at me as we settled on a wall over-looking the sea to eat our food. “How can you eat that thing? It’s disgusting.”

I slapped a hand to my mouth, my eyes widening. “No! Don’t dis the hotdogs!”

He looked amused. “You’ve been hanging around with Zell for too long.”

I sighed. “Yeah I know.”

I gestured to my dinner. “They’re better than the ones at garden. “Want to try it?”

He shook his head. I took and bite of my hotdog and leant over to kiss him. He kissed me back until he tasted hotdogs.

“Ewww! Asshole!” He spluttered for a moment, then stuffed his burger into his mouth to replace the taste. I laughed and he scowled at me.

The rest of the night was spent wandering across the beach talking and mucking around. I taught him how to skim rocks, or at least I tried. I wondered why he had resisted me in the first place, he was so relaxed around me that night and I hoped it would last.

Back at garden I walked him to his dorm and said goodnight, I gave him a quick kiss on the lips not wanting to push my luck.

“Goodnight.” I turned to leave.

“Irvine.” When I turned back he stepped up and gave me a real kiss, which I eagerly returned.

“Thanks for the food.” He whispered then he disappeared into his dorm.

A grin slid across my lips. Things were going well.

Return to Archive | next | previous