Notes: This chapter revolves around the cafeteria, when someone leaves pov will switch to someone else in there.

Love Bug

Chapter 3

By Purple Penguin

Seifer’s pov.

I couldn’t believe it, Zell agreed to have lunch with me? I sat at the table in the cafeteria alone. He was so adorable, I probably thought I was a little strange not that he thinks very highly of me anyway. He chatted away not caring weather I spoke or not, was that a good thing or a bad thing? I don’t know what to say to him somehow I didn’t think saying: ‘Sorry about trying to kill you and all that, can we be friends?’ was really going to work.

When his bangs fell in his face I had to clench my teeth to keep from reaching out and brushing the hair from his eyes. That would have got me a smack in the mouth or he would have run away, I don’t know which would be worse.

The headmaster had said this was my last chance, no screw-ups, no bullying or beating anyone up and now everyone had declared open Seifer hunting season. I was the victim. You have no idea how many times I wanted to pick those little pricks to the wall, bet they wouldn’t be so tough then. I keep to myself these days to avoid the bullies, to keep my temper and to avoid expulsion.

I have no confidence around Zell, I’ve always acted like the tough guy that bullied him and now that I can’t do that I don’t know what to do.

I know he wants Squall, that guy has everything I’ve ever wanted and what has he done to deserve it? Nothing! He snubs Zell, ignoring him most of the time. Is he insane? I’d do anything to be with Zell, I’d give him anything but he doesn’t see it and even if he did he would want me over Squall.

It’s disgusting the way everyone fawns over the great commander like his some kind of fucking god! All the girls and a lot of guys drool over him and he doesn’t care. Doesn’t he see that people will do anything for him? He doesn’t even exploit it. He’s a fool.

I watched Selphie walk past me, she waved and grinned at me, I smiled in reply. She forgave me as soon as I stepped back through garden’s gates, but that was Selphie for you she lived in her own little world. I didn’t think she ever felt badly for anyone. I smirked. She probably came up with an excuse as to why Ultimecia was as bad as she was.

I stood from the table, deciding I had been there for too long. I needed to go to the library to get books on the assignment I’ve been given. I think the instructors are out to get me by making it extra difficult to pass this year. They don’t think I’ll do it anyway.

Selphie’s pov.

As I walked back with my tray Seifer got up and left. Oh I really wanted to sit with him; he’s one of us he deserves to be rehabilitated back into the group. No one’s better at getting people together than me. I think in a previous life I was cupid that would have been fun with those pretty little wings.

Maybe I should start project Seifer with aims to get him back into the group and give him some friends. Raijin and Fujin never came back to garden leaving him alone, how cruel. I would never leave a friend when they needed me.

I saw him sitting with Zell a moment ago. I wonder what all that was about, it’s my duty as the gossip queen to find out. It looked like it went well whatever it was. As I sat down with my tray a thought crossed my mind. They would make a nice couple, Zell didn’t tell me he was gay, he thinks I don’t know. I’m not stupid. Everyone thinks that, just because I’m hyper and chatty. Zell and Rinoa were thought to be stupid too but Zell and I had to pass that SeeD exam somehow, didn’t we? And Rinoa she... um.. We’ll she... um... I’m sure we did a lot of great clever things that I don’t know about. Anyways I’m getting sidetracked, what was I thinking about?

Oh yeah, Zell and Seifer being together, I have seen Zell drooling all over Squall’s shoes though, hey maybe I should tell Squall how great Zell is to give him more of a chance.

I can see why Zell likes Squall, how can you not? The guy is hot, and he’s got that dark, brooding thing going on which all the girls and boys love. I hang out with Squall, cos I’m working on project Squall. That guy spends too much time in his own head and not enough time in the real world, he needs to talk to us more, to joke around and he needs a girl/boyfriend. I wonder if he’s gay, maybe I should ask, but would he answer me? I don’t want to embarrass the poor guy. He doesn’t seem to notice the million guys that practically throw themselves at him. On the bridge the other day, it was hilarious. God there were so many hormones floating about, Nida has it bad for the commander and since Xu and Quistis have just started going out they were in full flirt mode. It seemed only Squall and I weren’t drooling over someone.

It’s like a plague of hormones has spread around garden, lock up your children, protect your sisters and brothers.

Squall may be hot but he’s nothing compared to my Irvy, I don’t know how he feels for me but he doesn’t flirt with the girls as much as he used to so that’s got to be a good sign, right? I know he’s a flirt but he’s no slut he would never throw himself at someone who didn’t want him, I believe in his innocence. He’s not that bad.

I quickly look up as a figure dashed past me. Was that Nida? Where’s he going in such a hurry? I turn round just in time to see Irvine enter the cafeteria; he glances around before his eyes settle on me.

“Hey Irvy, come sit with me?”

He smiled apologetically. “Sorry Sephy, I can’t. You haven’t seen Nida around have you?”

I frowned. “Why would he be looking for Nida? I thought he would try to avoid his tutor.

As if reading my mind he answered. “You know he’s tutoring me, I wanted to know what time he was coming round tonight. I might have other plans if you know what I mean.” He winked and I giggled.

I pointed behind me to the crowd of people that I had seen Nida disappear into.

“He was in a hurry, I think he’s running from someone.”

“Really? I wonder who he’s so scared of.” He smiled at me then grinned as he headed in the direction I had pointed.

I caught sight of a group of girls leaving the cafeteria, they were walking in a strange way, sort of in a circle. I looked closer and saw Nida hiding in between them.

“Irvine!” I called by the time the cowboy had turned around the strange SeeD had shot out of the group and run down the corridor.

Nida’s pov.

I ran like my life depended on it; well my virginity depended on it.

Those girls had got plagued by Irvine before, only last month I had agreed to hide Candy under my desk when the cowboy was on the rampage. Now they had returned the favour.

I stopped in the dorms hallway to catch my breath, good he wasn’t following me. I had to get the headmaster to save me, he could find another tutor for Irvine I’m sure of it.

I started to make my way towards my dorm when an arm reached out and dragged me into a closet. I squealed in a really girly way.

As my eyes adjusted to the darkness I realized I stood in a small cupboard with Irvine Kinneas blocking the door.

“Why won’t you just leave me alone?”

He wrapped his arms around my waist and chuckled in my ear. I kept my hands to my sides, not letting myself react to him. I pushed him away roughly and grabbed the door handle, it wouldn’t move. The cowboy chuckled and held up the key to my freedom.

“Why are you in such a hurry to leave? You just got here.”

He made it clear he was checking me out, his eyes roamed my torso as he moved closer.

“What do you want?”

“I want a lot of things from you.”

“What do you want in exchange for my freedom?” I kept my eyes narrowed and my jaw set.

“One kiss, that’s all.”

I was slightly surprised at that, I thought Irvine would take the idea while he had it.

“You promise?”

He smiled and turned his head to brush our lips together, it started innocently enough but Irvine slowly worked his hands up into my hair. He cupped the back of my head, angling us to give a real open-mouthed kiss. My frozen pose melted in seconds of just kissing him and even though I tried to stop them my hands worked their way up into his hair. I pulled out the tie and ran my fingers through his silky hair.

He pulled away all too quickly for my liking, I almost reached out to pull him back in until I realized what I was doing. The cowboy smirked and held up the key. I grabbed it quickly, trying to block that kiss out of my head. I unlocked the door and ran.

Return to Archive | next | previous