Disclaimer: Square owns all the characters but I have all the saved files on the memory card ^_^

If you haven’t read Fifth Avenue, please do, because this is a followup to that so it’s after the events 5th Ave.

 

<blah> - song lyrics

blah - thoughts of whoever is in POV

~~~ - POV swtich/change in group of charas in same scene (if any)

****** - flashback (if any)

THIS IS STILL PART OF THE FLASHBACK. This will go on for some more parts.

Life is Waiting for You

Part 3 - A Promise

By Elise Maxwell

Seifer was lounging on the couch when Laguna entered the living room and flopped into the easy chair, flipping on the television. Kiros entered from the atrium and sat on the couch with Seifer.

“Hungry?” Laguna asked his best friend. “I ordered pizza.”

“Great.” Kiros grinned. “Haven’t eaten since lunch.” He turned to Seifer. “How was Balamb? Is everything running smoothly?”

The blonde nodded. “Everything looks great and Cid is taking better care of troublemakers like me.”

Kiros laughed and Laguna turned around to face them. “I’m glad you’re who you are now Seifer or I wouldn’t have such an efficient and studious assistant like you.”

“Who happens to be dating your son,” Kiros smirked.

Laguna coughed and Seifer turned red. “You take care of him you hear me? That’s an order from your employer also.” He smiled and turned back to the TV.

Seifer swallowed knowing he’d face the president’s wrath if he disobeyed. “Yes sir!”

“Ready to go?” Squall stood in the doorway of the atrium. The brunette wore a pair of shiny, smoky blue-gray pants that matched his eyes perfectly. One could write this off as coincidence but Seifer knew Squall picked them for that specific reason. He also wore a long sleeved black button up shirt, which hung loosely but fitting upon his torso. He was dressed to kill, a slight contrast to Seifer’s outfit.

The blonde had a pair of comfortable dark red leather pants on with a black tank tucked into them. His accessories were a black belt, his black steel-toed boots and his old dog chain around his neck.

“Uh, yeah,” Seifer replied, coming out of his reverie. He smiled and followed the beckoning brunette out the door.

“When will Raijin and Fuujin get back into town?” Squall asked as he unlocked his car. They were to pick up Selphie and Irvine, and meet the other three at the club.

Seifer thought for a moment as he got into the car. “In a few days. They said they might be sent on a mission but I’m not sure what it was for.”

Squall nodded as he started the car. “Cid mentioned something about a mission but changed the subject before I could ask him about it.”

“When was this?” Seifer asked.

“We had lunch one day while we were at Balamb Garden. I can’t remember anything specific about it though.”

Seifer shrugged. “It’s okay. It probably has nothing to do with us then.”

“I sure hope so. I got a strange feeling when he changed the subject. Like maybe one of us would have to leave on a mission.” Squall stopped at a red light and looked at Seifer. “Do you think one of us will ever have another mission?”

Seifer pointed at the now green light and sighed as Squall drove on. “I highly doubt it. We’ve been assigned to protect your father but that doesn’t mean we couldn’t get reassigned.”

Squall stopped the car in front of the apartment Irvine and Selphie lived in and threw the car in Park. He rested his head on the steering wheel as they waited. “What happens if we get split up?” he asked.

“Deal with it I guess,” Seifer blurted out. “I mean, maybe we should make a promise.”

“What kind of promise?” The brunette looked at his boyfriend.

“That… no matter what, we’ll always be thinking of each other and that we’ll always return to each other no matter what.” Seifer smiled and began to take his dog chain off his neck. Squall frowned as the blonde placed it on his own neck.

“Why are you giving this to me?” Squall fingered the warm metal on his throat.

“So we have a part of each other when we’re alone. We can think of one another anytime.” Seifer grinned at the smile playing on the brunette’s face.

“Well, since you gave me this, take my pendant.” Squall lifted his shirt and unclipped the hidden Griever pendant from a loop of his pants and held it out to Seifer. He rarely wore the chain, but usually carried around the extra pendant wherever he went. Seifer did as he was told and clipped it to the loop that also held the chain connected to his wallet.

He smiled. “See? Now we’re connected to one another.”

“Good,” Squall agreed and leaned in to kiss his Seifer. As they were doing so, the couple they had been waiting for finally arrived.

“Aw! You guys are so cute!” Selphie grinned.

“Thanks Sel, and so are you.” Seifer turned around and patted her on the head. She giggled. “Shall we?” he asked the driver.

“Surely,” Squall answered and drove off.

“No, I haven’t seen them yet.” Leo told Squall over the noise.

“Alright,” Squall replied as he and the other three entered the club. “Thanks.”

<If there's a way that you could be everything you want to be,

would you complain that it came too easy>

Squall fingered the chain at his neck. He couldn’t believe Seifer had given it to him. He’d thought it was a highly valued item of Seifer’s. Of course, now he was a highly valued item of Seifer’s.

<Just like the games with you and me a resolution hard to see

but that's okay 'cause I don't see things that are plain to see>

Squall caught the blonde by his wallet chain and pulled him to the dance floor. Seifer followed his keeper and began to dance with a smirk.

<I’ve got a dream to take you over exploding like a supernova

I’m gonna crash into your world and that's no lie>

“So, they’re not here yet?” Seifer said over the music.

“No, I suppose they're taking their time.” The brunette replied. “I think they were shopping so maybe Rinoa made them loose track of time.”

Seifer laughed. “I can see that!”

<You want to give ecstacy delivered with certainty,

but you're afraid that the pleasure won't be needed>

Squall subsided into silence, moving to the music. Seifer raised an eyebrow at the look on the younger man’s face. The brunette looked to be thinking pretty hard, although his dance moves showed nothing of the sort.

“What’s the matter?” The blonde asked.

<In a way we're the same two people looking out to sea,

for a wave that would carry all our fantasies>

“I want us to stay together, no matter what.” Squall wrapped his arms around Seifer. “Cause if we don’t I’ll be very annoyed.” He smirked at his blonde bombshell.

Green eyes twinkled as Seifer laughed. “You better hold to that.”

<If there's a way to infiltrate you sway your mind and complicate you

I’m gonna crash into your world and that's no lie>

“Wouldn’t I?” The brunette grinded into his partner, his hips clinging to Seifer’s.

<Let your body move into the doorway to the disco inside your head: Violet

Wear a color that you want to cling to the color inside your head: Violet>

Squall sang along to the song as the blonde let him lead for the moment, his body moving with the brunette’s.

“You have a nice voice.” The compliment was truthfully given.

“Thanks.” Gratitude was shown in a small blush.

<Contemplate jealously intermixed with urgency

A million things take a damned good shot at you and me>

Squall chuckled. “I just can’t believe we’ve been together for half a year. It’s just so surreal, because every time we come here, it’s like living it all again.”

“Why love, I didn’t know you could be such a romantic.” Seifer grinned.

“Hey, it’s true. I mean, isn’t this the place where we met each other, fell in love and got together?”

“Now all we have to do is get married here and find a place to make love like bunnies!” Seifer laughed.

<If there's a way to infiltrate you sway your mind and complicate you

I’m gonna crash into your world and that's no lie>

Squall threw his head back and laughed, still moving to the music with Seifer’s body. “Too bad all this fabric is in the way.”

“I’m sure we could think of something.” The blonde smirked.

<Let your body move into the doorway to the disco inside your head: Violet

Wear a color that you want to cling to the color inside your head: Violet>

He partner shook his head. “You’re incorrigible. I should never have said anything, your mind is always in the gutter.”

“I can’t help it, you’re so damn sexy, love.”

<I’m gonna take you, I’ll do my best to break you

I’m gonna take you higher, and that's no lie>

“I’ll second that!” Quistis bumped into the couple.

Squall looked appalled. “What about your ever so valiant Zell?”

Quistis smacked him “Sh!”

Seifer smirked. “Why don’t you guys just go out? I mean it’s so completely obvious.”

<Common sense is a game many people don't like to play,

but give it in and the moment takes you either way>

“Shut up queer.” She stuck her tongue out at him.

“You’re just jealous cause you don’t have two lovely guys like us, you have Zell.” The blonde man poked her. “And I’m not queer.”

“Whatever.”

“What is it with you and stealing all of my patented lines?” Squall looked annoyed.

“You’re just such a role model,” Quistis replied cheekily.

“He’s mine.” Seifer held his man protectively.

<I’ve got a dream to take you over exploding like a supernova

I’m gonna crash into your world and that's no lie>

Quistis laughed. “Alright, I’ll leave you two alone. But promise to be good? We don’t want any little Leonharts or Almasy’s running around.”

“Like that will ever happen,” Seifer muttered.

<Let your body move into the doorway to the disco inside your head: Violet

Wear a color that you want to cling to the color inside your head: Violet>

“I could just see it. Little Seifers and Squalls running around fighting each other and beating each other up on a beach or in a sandbox.” Quistis backpedaled away before Seifer could hit her. Squall doubled over laughing.

“Hey! That’s not funny, she’s talking about us.”

“Yeah, but its exactly how we used to act.” Squall grinned.

<If there's a way that you could be everything you want to be

would you complain that it came too easy>

“I challenge you to a duel!” Seifer stamped a foot.

“Ah ah ah! No more duels remember?” The brunette frowned.

Seifer shrugged. “It was worth a try. Come on, let’s go join the others.”

Squall nodded and followed his beau. He could still see little versions of themselves fighting and acting exactly alike. It was just too funny!

<In a way we're the same two people looking out to sea,

for a wave that would carry all our fantasies>

 

 

* * *

Songs used: Violet by Savage Garden

I own none of these songs; they belong to their respective writers and singers.

Kawaii, ne?

Return to Archive | next | previous