Lasting Impressions

Chapter 4

By Sodoshiin

Halloween....

Yeah....

Not my most favorite holiday but in the long run I could stand it.

We didn't get many kids in our area so we made plans to head to Timber for a bit, spend some Halloween cheer with Selphie and Irvine.

I didn't bother to dress up.

Wait, scratch that. I put my glasses on.

Yes I wear glasses. Squall thinks there's something sexy about them so I guess I really can't complain too much about wearing them. Just as long as no one asks. Tonight I at least have an excuse.

Phase-One of my self-proclaimed Squall Recon Mission was beginning.

I was going to get laid tonight if it killed me.

And, looking down at the competition I had for that particular night, my odds weren't looking very good.

It was dressed like a pumpkin. A giant cotton stem stuck out from its head, its little arms dangling around the large round mass of it's fake body. Dangling from its fingers was a ghost candy bucket.

It was round, bouncing, cute and fuzzy...

And within a few hours it would be running on god knows how much sugar.

This was going to be a long night…

But I had made up my mind.

My husband was going to me MINE tonight, I didn't care what it took. I wanted him so bad, I just couldn't WAIT anymore!

And Squall was helping.

I watched him exit our room, my eyebrows arching, stretching my face a bit and allowing my glasses to slide down my nose.

Damn....a long night indeed.

He had leopard spots trailing down the sides of his face and neck, disappearing under the collar of his dark brown, tight as hell, open neck shirt. His eyes were outlined with black, thin whiskers drawn delicately on his cheekbones. He was, at the moment, adjusting a pair of black cat ears onto his head.

And those damned leather pants...hadn't seen those in a while...

"Daddy dressed up too." It chirped proudly.

"I can see that." I muttered, biting on the inner part of my cheeks to keep my jaw from dropping. "Don't tell me you have a tail too...."

Damn I really shouldn't have asked....

The thick material hung gracefully, sweeping down between the tight, round globes of his rear. He swayed his hips a bit, either to swing the tail around a bit, or get me a little hot under the collar.

Both I'd bet.

I was already drooling.

Good sign.

He smirked at me and purred, and I swear I instantly went hard. "Nice costume."

I cleared my throat and grabbed my jacket, holding it conveniently in front of me.

Long, long night…

But as the night wore on, and I kind of drifted into the background again, watching as it took my Squall even farther from me, dragging him around the town, Selphie and Irvine close it tow, I started to second guess myself.

I hated to say it but I was feeling rather unneeded. It wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't need HIM so badly... I was trying to accept things, but it seemed as if this little person was slowly stealing my Squall from me.

And that hurt...

We hardly saw each other all day, and by nighttime we were both so tired all we could do was sleep...

And suddenly, not even the lack of sex mattered.

I just wanted to hold him again, talk like we'd used to. I couldn't remember the last time I'd had the chance to kiss him.

I wondered if he'd noticed....or if he'd cared...

He'd been in the shower for nearly half an hour, washing all of the make-up off. I was waiting to brush my teeth... normally I would have just walked in...nothing I haven't seen before...nothing he needed, or usually wanted, to hide. This time I hovered outside of the doorway. I wasn't sure if he noticed at all what I was trying to do. Maybe it was all in vain. I knocked when the shower turned off. "Can I brush my teeth?"

"Sure, come on in." he replied.

I opened the door and stepped into the steam filled room. He had a towel wrapped around his waist and another drying his hair as he stood near the bathtub.

I watched him through the fogged up mirror as best as I could.

He was right there.....and still I missed him.

I wanted to run my hands down the curve of his back, kiss his neck, smell his hair....

I ground the brush against my teeth, biting down the sudden heaviness in my chest and the burning sensation in my eyes.

Finally my hands met the sink, bracing me up as I sighed around the toothbrush.

Arms came around me from behind, my shirt collar was pulled away slightly, the softness of lips tickling the nape of my neck.

"I miss you..." I whispered to him.

He nuzzled the back of my shirt, still warm and damp from his shower. "I love you."

I turned and wrapped my arms around him, inhaling the scent of his apple shampoo, just standing there, glad to hold him.

"I rented a movie...." He planted a kiss on my neck. "Anthony's completely tuckered out so I have a feeling we'll have the evening to ourselves...wanna stay up and watch it with me?"

"I'd love to." I smiled into his hair. Finally, Squall to myself.

Oddly, cuddling sounded more appealing than sex at that moment. Besides, I wouldn't have wanted to him waste his shower. "Want me to make some popcorn?"

Squall laughed a bright, happy laugh. "You just brushed your teeth."

"Then I guess I'll just have to brush them again later now won't I." And for the first time in what seemed like forever, I kissed him.

Return to Archive | next | previous