Disclaimer: Squaresoft owns all the characters. I don’t own anything.

Just best friends

Chapter 10

By Purple Penguin

Starts from Kurt’s pov

&nbs;

I lay in my infirmary bed staring at the ceiling. As nice as the doctor had been I couldn’t wait to leave this place. Squall had finally given me a dorm, which strangely was next door to Zell’s dorm. I knew Squall and Seifer were trying to set us up, not that I minded.

Zell’s cute and I think he cares about me. It had been a while since anyone cared about me. I steer clear of boyfriends. Kane stole the first guy I loved. I don’t love Kane but he’s been the only guy in my life for so long that I’m bound to feel something for him.

I hate being stuck here against my will I get thinking too much and end up confusing myself. It midday already, I hope I can leave soon Zell said he’d meet me in the cafeteria for hotdogs.

I think about when he kissed me, was that just because he felt guilty for my accident or did he mean it. I hope he meant. I shouldn’t be thinking this I’m known the guy less than 24 hours and already I’m trailing him around like a puppy.

I go back to F.H on Monday it’ll be a while before I get to see Zell again if I ever see him again.

He’ll never be able to go to F.H cause I’m never introducing him to Kane.

I look up expectantly as the doctor comes in.

“How do you feel?”

“Fine.”

She smiled. “No more trips to the training centre okay? You were lucky this time thanks to your boyfriend.”

What? Boyfriend?! Why would she think that?

“Zell’s not my boyfriend.” I corrected her.

“Sorry, I just assumed. He did kiss you before he left and he seemed protective when he carried you in here.”

I smiled. The thought of Zell as my boyfriend wasn’t at all unpleasant.

“Can I leave soon?”

“You can leave now as long as you get some rest some time today.”

I grinned. “It’s on my list of things to do after lunch.”

 

This place is still huge to me but I’m getting used to it.

“Hey.”

I spun round to see the bouncy girl I met early.

“Hi.”

“I heard about your accident. You’re okay now right?”

I smiled at her. Seifer had told me she was really short but she wasn’t a lot shorter than me.

“Where are you headed?” She asked. “Do you know your way around yet?”

“No but I think I can find the cafeteria.”

“Has anyone shown you round yet?” She fell into step with me, slowly skipping along.

“Zell showed me around yesterday.”

“Ahh.” She grinned. “So you like him?” She bounced slightly higher than before.

“Who?” I asked innocently.

She slapped me on the shoulder playfully. “You know damn well whom I mean. Well?”

“Maybe.”

She gave me an annoyed pout. “You don’t have to be so secretive. I won’t tell I have known you for a whole 17 hours and I’ve dated Zell.”

I raised my eyebrows in shock. I thought Zell was gay.

She giggled. “If you want any gory details you know who to come to, I’ve seen him naked!”

I gaped at her a slight smile on my face until I felt a blush creeping up my neck.

“You’re cute when embarrassed.”

I couldn’t believe she would be so open about her and Zell’s private life and make jokes about it.

She suddenly turned serious. “It wasn’t Seifer’s fault you were hurt you know.”

“I never thought that.”

“Anyway to make the peace and so you can meet our other two friends, we’re all meeting in Squall’s dorm tonight for booze, gossip and strip poker!” She punched the air happily.

“What?! Strip poker?!”

“Yeah, it was Seifer’s idea.”

I rolled my eyes. “Why Squall’s dorm?”

“It’s bigger. Him being the commander and all. You’ll come right?”

“Do I have a choice?”

“Nope. Are you good at poker?”

“No.”

“Good.”

LATER IN SQUALL’S DORM.

The seven friends were gathered in the commander’s dorm.

Squall and Seifer sat on the bed, Zell sat at Seifer’s feet, Kurt sat to his right, then Selphie, Irvine and lastly Quistis.

Seifer coughed to get everyone’s attention.

“Right. I know I promised you all strip poker, but I’ve had a much better idea.” He grinned wickedly.

Everyone in the room groaned.

“Oh, wait, for it. What is it this time, Seif? Do you want us to have a big orgy or something?”

The tall, blonde raised an eyebrow. “Well now that you mention it...”

“NOO!!” The whole group yelled in unison.

“I thought we could play the drinking game. You know when we take it in turns to say something we haven’t done and anyone who has done it has to drink.”

Zell eyed him suspiciously. “That’s surprisingly mild for you, Seifer. What’s the catch?”

“Well there is one thing.”

Everyone rolled their eyes. This was going to be something sex related.

“Instead of drinking you have to either take of an article of clothing or kiss someone in the room depending on the choice made by the person who starts the round.”

“No fair! I’m the only single person in the room.” Selphie protested, but at Zell’s look she corrected herself. “I’m the only one here that doesn’t want to jump the bones of someone else in the room.”

Seifer thought that was hilarious, but Zell and Kurt blushed like mad.

Irvine also protested which surprised everyone.

“But someone like me is gonna get naked REALLY quickly.”

Seifer shrugged. “Not my problem. If anyone wants to leave go ahead.”

No one moved.

“Good. We’ll start at this end. Squall, go ahead.”

All eyes focused on the brunette. “Um.... I’ve never had a threesome.”

The cowboy sighed and removed a shoe. Kurt also took off a shoe while looking extremely uncomfortable.

Seifer, Squall and Zell stared at the red head in shock.

“I was drunk.” He said in his defence.

“My turn.” Seifer grinned as everyone flinched.

“I’ve never cheated on anyone.”

Once again Irvine sheepishly removed a shoe. No one was surprised.

Zell’s turn next. “I’ve never gone down on anyone.”

Poor Irvine. Seifer, Kurt and Quistis also removed something.

“I’ve never been with a girl.” Kurt said.

Irvine, Zell and Seifer took something off.

“Is that been with as in slept with?” Squall asked

“Yeah.”

“Good. I’m safe.”

“My go, and this time you have to kiss someone!” Selphie bobbed on her heels.

She tried hard to think of something she knew Zell had done. “Does this have to be sex related?”

“No as long as it’s not too lame.”

She grinned. “I’ve never worn the same underwear for more than one day.”

Both Zell and Squall looked uncomfortable. “We were on a mission and it’s not like you can stop in the middle of a stack out to change underwear.”

Selphie bounced on her heels excitedly. “You two have to kiss someone!”

Squall rolled his eyes as his ever-willing lover grabbed him and kissed him hard.

Zell casually pulled the red head towards him. Kurt’s eyes widened but he quickly closed them as he kissed Zell back.

“Aww,” Selphie cooed.

Kurt pulled back, embarrassed.

“Er...Squall, Seifer... Hello?” The two gunbladers were still kissing passionately.

“Seifer, this was your idea, but we could leave.”

“NO!” The blonde broke the kiss and nuzzled his lover’s neck. “No one gets out of here that easily. Irvine, it’s your go.”

The cowboy grinned. “Now I’ll get you all back! I’ve never been with a guy!”

The whole room groaned and took something off.

“I’ve never been to a sex shop.” Quistis said.

Irvine removed his jacket and much to everyone’s surprise Zell took off his last sock.

He shifted uncomfortably under everyone’s gaze. “I was 13 and curious. Anyway, Squall’s turn.”

“I’ve never paid a prostitute.”

All eyes turned to watch Irvine expectantly.

“Nope. Never done that.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yep. I don’t need to. I get plenty of offers.”

Seifer nodded accepting the answer.

“I’ve never done a strip tease.”

Squall paled and removed a sock. He glared at his lover. “You did that on purpose.”

The blonde grinned wickedly. “Yeah, I did.”

“More information than we needed guys.”

And Irvine took off his shirt.

“Ooh, two more items of clothing to go and Irvy’s naked!” Selphie cheered.

“We’re back to kissing for my go!” Zell announced. “I’ve never been skinny dipping.”

Squall and Seifer looked at each other. “What if we’ve both done it is that two kisses?”

“As long as it doesn’t last as long as last time.”

Kurt sighed. “Can I kiss you?” He asked Zell

The blonde laughed. “You don’t have to ask me.”

The couple eagerly kissed each other, their hands moved in to the hair of the other as the kiss grew from being soft and innocent to hungry and wanting.

They broke apart when Seifer wolf whistled them.

Zell glared at him.

“When does this game end?” Kurt asked.

“Why? In a hurry to leave? Something else you wanna be doing?” Seifer teased. “Or should I say someone else.”

“Just asking.”

“When someone ends up naked.” He smirked at Irvine. “Which shouldn’t take long.”

“Fine. I’ve never sun bathed naked.”

Irvine lost his pants and Squall removed his jacket.

“I’ve never had anal sex.” Selphie giggled.

All the gay guys took off something and Irvine gave a sigh of relief.

“I’ve never had a secret crush.” Irvine said.

“What about Quistis?”

“I flirted with her.”

Quistis took off a sock; Kurt, Seifer and Squall all removed their shirts.

“I’ve never been to a strip joint.”

Everyone grinned at poor Irvine.

“You really expect me to take these of do you?”

“YEAH!”

“No way. You win, I lose. Game over, but I’m keeping the boxers.”

“Spoilsport.”

“Can we leave yet?”

“Don’t you want to play something else?” Seifer asked innocently.

“NO!”

“What about truth or dare?”

Everyone minus Squall ran out of the room.

“That was insane.” Zell said to his companion as they walked back to their dorms.

Kurt nodded.

“So when did you go skinny-dipping?” The blonde smiled.

“Long while back.”

They stopped at Zell’s dorm first. “You wanna come in for a minute?”

“Sure.”

As the door closed the shadows moved and a guy folded his arms. “What’s the use of giving him a dorm if he doesn’t use it?”

Another figure put an arm around his shoulders.

“Come on. Let’s go to bed.”

Return to Archive | next | previous