Illumination

Part 3

By okanechan

Ladies and Gentlemen, we will be arriving at our final destination, Fisherman’s Horizon in five minutes. Please remember to take all of your belongings with you. Thank you.

 

I don’t want to go just yet; I wonder if I could get away with staying in this SeeD cabin with Seifer. Wait a minute… where is he? I look around the room. There’s no sign of him anywhere; none of his clothes, his gunblade, the rope he used to bind me to the bed…I realize that I am, however, tangled in the sheets and my leather pants are extremely sticky. Shit. It was just another one of those Sleep-induced dreams. Fucking para-magical side effects…no pun intended. No sense dwelling on it now; I have about four minutes to take care of my problem that has…arisen… down south. That dream was so real; even now, as I stroke myself, I can almost feel his lips on my skin, his mouth surrounding my…

Hyne, that was intense. And quick. I still have a minute or two to change into some cleaner clothes.  I wonder if there are any dry cleaners in FH... That reminds me, I don’t even know where this new academy is! I’ll have to ask someone at the train station for directions.

We have now reached our final destination, Fisherman’s Horizon. The train to Esthar will be leaving in fifteen minutes from track three. Please take all your belongings with you. Thank you for riding with InterTrans, and have a nice day.

Okay, I can handle this. There’s no need for my pulse to be racing like this. No need to be nervous…yet. Let’s just take this one step at a time…Where’s the information booth? Oh, shit. 

Hewasonthistrain;whatifitwasn’tadreamafterall?whatifitwasadreamIwasscreaminghisnameinmysleepandheheardme,ohHyne,ohHyne,ohHyne!! I wish the ground could just swallow me, but it looks like it’s going to hit me instead.

Great Mother of Shiva; since when do I faint at the sight of my long-time rival? How the hell am I ever going to tell him how I feel if I have these dumb panic attacks? Wait a second. Where the fuck am I, and who’s in here with me? I open my eyes, and stare directly into the green eyes of Seifer Almasy.

“How are you feeling?” he asks. I noticed that his eyes are full of concern. Almasy, concerned about me? This surprises me. I’d expect him to mock me, ridicule me, or something, anything but worry.  I hate it when people worry about me; I can take care of myself! Then again, I wouldn’t mind too much if he took care of me…

“Squall? Are you all right?” Oh yeah, he’s waiting for an answer.

“Yeah, I guess. It must have been the food I ate on the train.” And if he believes that, maybe I’ll be able to sell him a piece of the Esthar Bridge for 100 gil.

“Don’t give me that,” he admonished. “First of all, I’ve known you for about fifteen years; I can tell when you’re lying. Second, that train didn’t have any meals. What gives?”

Shit. He knows me too well. Maybe if I can change the subject…“Where are we?” I asked.

“The military academy.”

I decided to play dumb for a bit. “FH? Military? You gotta be kidding me!”

“Stop trying to change the subject, Squall. What’s going on? I’ve never known you to faint.”

“I-I-I don’t know…” I lied. His eyes widened at that statement.

“What the hell has happened to you this past year? You’ve never shown nervousness! And I thought what the sorceresses did to me was bad! At least I became somewhat normal again after you killed them off. Wait, does this have to do with Rinoa?”

“In a way.” Hyne, my voice sounded so meek, so child-like.

“Care to tell me what happened?”

“Got any booze?” I asked. I knew I was going to need some hard liquor to loosen me up enough to tell him everything.

I must have shocked him because he asked, “Since when do you drink alcohol?”

“Believe me, we’re both gonna need to be drunk for what I’m about to tell ya.”

“Okay, then. I’ll let you go for now, but you’ll have to meet me for dinner in two hours. After we get some food in our systems, you can drink and talk to your heart’s content.”

“Dinner? What time is it?” How long was I out?

“Around five. Listen, why don’t you go out and see a bit of FH? Things have changed since B-Garden crashed into it.” He started to leave the room, but not before giving me that familiar smirk. “I’ll meet you at the front gate at seven.”

And then he was gone.

Return to Archive | next | previous