Author's Note: I wrote a sequel. I don't know why. I just did. I know I should probably finish posting LBB on here, but I honestly don't remember where I left off and I guess I just sorta have the opinion that it's up at Miko's site (and at NS soon too ^^) so...yeah...

Dedication: To my onees and imoutos, who put up with my moodieness and randomness. To my muses, who put up with my duct tape and rope. And to everyone on the ML, who put with my fics and who, collectively, rock.

And now, the fic. :P

Hopelessly Addicted

Prologue

By Alexis Logain

"What are you doing here?"

"I need to talk to you."

"No you don't - you need to leave."

"Look, Squall, I didn't know that he was planning to do that."

"Give me a break, Kiros. You were Laguna's closest confidant(e). You knew everything he was up to."

"I didn't know he was planning on offering Seifer anything in return for gaining your trust. And as far as I know, Seifer never officially accepted."

"No, but he thought about it."

"So what."

"So... I won't be used for my position."

"He loves you."

"He can drive off a cliff for all I care."

"Squall - "

"I don't want to hear it, Kiros. Seifer isn't part of my life anymore and I'm fine with that."

"Are you?"

"..."

"Fine. I'll drop the subject. But that still leaves us with your father's will."

"Calling that man a 'father' is an insult to parents across the globe. Laguna wasn't my father and never will be."

"Fine. Hyne - do you have to be so difficult?! No, don't answer that. ...Squall, he left you all of Esthar. The country needs a leader."

"So you do it."

"I can't. The public doesn't want me - they want you."

"Fuck the public."

"Seifer'd do it."

"Fuck Seifer. Oh, wait, too late - there's a memory I'd give anything to erase. And you know what Kiros? Fuck you too. We've been over this shit a thousand times. I don't want to rule over Esthar. Make it a democracy or whatever."

"Your vocabulary sure has picked up over the past few months."

"I don't have to deal with this. Get out of my house."

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. Get. The. Fuck. Out."

"But Squall - "

"OUT!"

Return to Archive | next | prequel