Disclaimer: I am merely borrowing the characters of Final Fantasy VIII (which, of course, belong only to Squaresoft) so please don’t sue me….

For His Love

Chapter 9

By Pixie158

Quistis sat primly on one of the Quad’s many stone benches. Back straight, head lowered, she perched on the edge of the bench in what appeared to be the deepest of thoughts. But as he drew nearer, he could see that she was shuffling through papers, most likely from her last class.

Still so cool and distant, with her touch me not demeanor; he couldn’t resist another opportunity to speak with her. Because she did something that no other person in his life had ever been able to do~ match wits with him. He approached her casually, his stride ever confident and graceful.

"Good afternoon, Instructor."

She glanced up quickly, clearly taken aback. The briefest of frowns crossed her face before she acknowledged him.

"Seifer." Her tone was matter of fact and very professional.

He motioned to the space beside her.

"Well? Aren’t you going to ask me to join you?"

She gazed up at him quizzically, her glasses sliding back into place as she tilted her head back.

"I hadn’t planned on it; and I don’t recall you ever requiring an invitation of any sort as you will invariably do what pleases you regardless."

Turning her attention back to the papers beside her, she missed the smile that he couldn’t repress. Her crisp tone, her proper manner, it always struck a chord in him that would resound as long as he was alive. How he loved to spar with this woman.

He took a seat beside her, his movements spare and graceful. She flushed crimson when his knee accidentally on purpose brushed against hers and she turned slightly, angling her body away from his. Her actions amused him, her blush utterly captivating.

I can’t remember the last time I saw a woman blush like that.

He sat at her elbow, silent and watchful, studying the graceful slope of her shoulder, the fluid line of her neck. She glanced at him sideways, unable to ignore his presence.

"Did you want to discuss something with me, Seifer?"

She didn’t wait for an answer but turned back to her papers, a clear indication of her disinterest in making small talk.

He rose again, not wishing to embarrass himself by allowing this proximity between them to affect him. He’d die before revealing his non-academic interest in her. It’s better if she just keeps thinking I’m the biggest bastard she knows. As long as she keeps on despising me, she won’t turn those wistful eyes my way.

"No, just thought I’d come over and say hello."

She glanced up in surprise only to be met with his familiar smirk. However, the expression on his face and the look in his eyes were completely at odds with one another. And he turned his back and was walking away from her before she could even respond. Watching him walk away, his booted feet echoing in the corridor, Quistis pressed a hand to the base of her neck-all too aware of her own pulse thundering in her ears.

Rinoa sat in the furthest corner of the library, making her very best effort to cease the steady flow of tears that were streaming down her cheeks. Nobody ever came in here this time in the afternoon, and she had all the privacy she could ask for. She decided against returning to her room, as she was fairly certain that she would run into one of her friends in the dorm. Unwilling to discuss what was happening between her and Squall; she took great comfort in her present solitude.

What would I say about it anyway? I don’t even know what’s happening!

Drying her tears with the back of her hand, Rinoa took a deep breath and sniffed loudly. She would just have to discover what was going on with Squall. Something was causing this rift between them and she intended to find out exactly what it was.

Satisfied with her resolve and with the beginning of planning what course of action she should take, Rinoa sat up straight and pushed her hair out of her face.

"I won’t let him go so easily." Her voice sounded strange to her in the silence of the library. Why am I talking to myself anyway?

"You start answering yourself, Rin, you be sure to let me know. I wouldn’t want to miss that."

That all-too-familiar voice had her rising to her feet and spinning around to face the source of it instantly.

"What are you doing in here, Seifer?" Her voice was tiny and slightly husky from all the sobbing she’d been doing. He raised an eyebrow at her.

"If I didn’t know better, I’d really begin to think I wasn’t welcome around here anymore." His voice was teasing, and she knew he was only trying to get a rise out of her.

"That’s not what I meant and you know it. I meant, what are you doing in the library? There’s no one in here for you to torment."

He grinned at her.

"Au contraire, my sweet. You’re here, are you not?"

Rinoa sighed deeply.

"Please, Seifer, not tonight. I’m really not in the mood to play games with you. I just need to be alone."

This brought another questioning look from Seifer.

"Alone? Ah, yes, I see your truelove has left your side for once. Trouble in paradise?" He flipped a chair around and straddled it backwards, leaning over the back of it, doing his best to appear interested.

Rinoa sat once again, her earlier resolve weakening at the reminder of Squall’s absence.

"Something like that." She whispered. Then she began to sob anew. Her face crumpling, the tears spilling over and running down her cheeks.

Seifer was horrified. He could handle anything but a weeping female. Monsters, sorceresses, expulsion, being treated like a social leper, imminent death…you name it, he’d had personal experience with it. But a crying girl? No way…

He stood up, almost sending his chair to the floor in his haste to get away.

"Well, that’s too bad, Rin. Hope everything works….oomph…"

His words were knocked out of him as she threw herself against him, arms around his neck, cutting off his oxygen.

Sobbing incoherently, she began to babble her story, her words running together.

"Oh, Seifer, it’s just awful Squall won’t talk to me and I just know something is terribly wrong and he won’t tell me what it is but it must be something really bad to make him want to leave me like this and…."

Seifer reached behind his neck and disentangled her arms.

"Okay, Rin, I can’t breathe here….for the love of Hyne, get a grip."

She stepped back and sniffed again, trying to compose herself. She let her tears run unchecked, drying in streaks on her face. Seifer looked around; hoping with everything that was in him that no one had seen that.

"Damn Rinoa! Why are you getting so worked up anyway? I mean, we’re talking about Squall here. The guy’s not gonna win any public speaking awards, so why should it bother you that he’s not talking? It’s not like he’s the most brilliant conversationalist you know."

She glared at him. "Everything’s a joke to you, isn’t it? Why can’t you, just once, understand someone else’s pain instead of always worrying about yourself?"

He smiled at her and spread his arms.

"Do I look worried? Do I appear worried?"

Furious, Rinoa drew back her hand and slapped Seifer right across the cheek. The abject look of disbelief on his face almost made her laugh…almost.

"What the hell is the matter with you?" He demanded, touching his cheek gingerly.

"Damned crazy woman. Hey, Rin~don’t be slapping me around because you can’t hold up your end of the bargain in the bedroom. It seems to be a real issue with you, doesn’t it? And besides, I’m not the one you’re mad at."

"Who in the hell do you think you…" She didn’t finish her sentence as she saw Squall move into the light.

"What’s going on in here, Rinoa…Seifer?" His tone was wary and more than a little confused.

Rinoa ran over to him, trying to move in close, but he held her at bay, looking tersely at Seifer. Seifer shrugged.

"Don’t look at me, Commissioner. That woman is out of control." And with that, he sauntered out of the library, receiving a burning look from Rinoa. He walked around her, allowing plenty of space between them as he passed.

Once he was gone, Rinoa turned her eyes to Squall. They were pleading and hopeful.

"Squall?" His name was a question, and he knew exactly what she was asking.

"Rinoa, don’t." His tone was firm and emotionless.

She closed her eyes to prevent more tears from falling.

"Nothing has changed Rin. I need time; you have to understand that. I thought you did."

She shook her head as if to ward off the words he spoke.

"You came in here after me, Squall, you must want to work this out with me on some level, don’t you?"

Her pleading tone was a knife in his heart, but he couldn’t lie to her. He wouldn’t lie to her.

"No, Rin. I saw Seifer headed this way and I needed him to sign the report I have to fill out regarding today’s incident."

Her face fell, all vestiges of hope vanishing.

"Oh. I see." Squall said nothing, only watched helplessly as she struggled to accept the meaning behind his words.

"All right, Squall, you need space, you got space. But don’t expect me to wait for you forever. I won’t do it." She grasped the edge of her dress and ran out into the hallway, eager to escape him.

He clenched and unclenched his fists. Everything that had happened today had Zell at the center of it. He would go to Zell. He would make everything right. He had to.

The impatient pounding on his door had Zell up and out of his chair immediately. He knew without asking exactly who it was. Opening the door, he was met with Squall’s familiar scowl and he knew right away that he’d made some decisions regarding their situation. Decisions Zell was positive he wasn’t going to like.

"Took you long enough."

Squall stared blankly at him.

"Whatever, look Zell…."

Zell heard the resolution in his voice and he wasn’t about to let him do this again. He grabbed Squall by the front of his jacket and hauled him up against the door. Squall’s eyes widened in…surprise?

"You’re done, Squall. No more games. You know what you want; I know what you want. It’s what you came here for. Enough with the lying. To yourself and to me." His words were no more than a snarl, so great was his anger.

Squall met his stare head on, and Zell recognized the familiar hunger in his eyes. He reached up to crush Squall’s lips with his and still kissing him savagely, backed him up toward the bed. Losing his balance when he got close, they tumbled onto the bed together, Zell pressing Squall into the mattress with his body.

Squall raised his hands between them in a token resistance, but Zell knew that he didn’t really want to stop. He was simply going through the motions as he supposed he had to. Zell pushed the leather jacket off of Squall’s shoulders and lifted him against his chest to free his arms. Before the jacket had even landed on the floor, Zell was dragging Squall’s t-shirt up, baring his chest to his mouth.

Shirt raised to his neck, Squall moaned helplessly as Zell teased him, tongue skimming over his nipples before he drew first one, then the other completely into his mouth. Zell used one hand to pull Squall’s shirt over his head; his arms still caught in the sleeves, and the other to unfasten the buttons on Squall’s pants.

He’s coming out of these bitches this time, he thought triumphantly.

Arms raised above his head, made immobile by the tangled shirt, Squall could do nothing but lie on his back and endure the sensual onslaught. I should stop him, I should. Oh, Hyne, but I can’t. I want this too much. I need this.

He felt his shoes pulled off, his pants sliding down his hips and cast onto the floor, and all thought escaped him as he felt Zell’s hands pushing his thighs apart. Fear of the unknown was running rampant through Squall’s veins, but the spiking desire churning in his stomach was rapidly taking precedence. And when he felt Zell’s tongue sliding smoothly up his inner thigh, he could do no more but to thrash his hips about, moaning Zell’s name over and over in an endless litany of lust.

Zell was fighting to control his desire, so far being able to resist the urge to push Squall’s knees to his chest and take him in one swift stroke. But he wanted so much to make this moment last and he had no intention of ruining it with his own lack of discipline.

Burying his face in the wiry hair that cushioned Squall’s quite impressive erection; Zell breathed in his scent, reveling in his triumph. Squall’s breathing became irregular; shallow as he fought to keep his wits about him. He was dangerously close to complete surrender, something he’d never given another human being before in his life.

Squall leaned up on his elbows, gasping Zell’s name again as the entire length of him was being drawn into Zell’s mouth.

"Please Zell, please…."

Zell ran his tongue up Squall’s turgid erection, pausing briefly to circle the head of it with slow precision. Zell moaned deep in his throat as Squall’s penis began to jerk and twitch, signaling his imminent orgasm.

"Not so fast…" Zell murmured. This can’t be possible…he can’t be a…virgin?

Zell moved up Squall’s body, freeing his arms from the confines of his shirt. He kissed him gently, drawing Squall’s tongue into his mouth, stroking it with his own. Breaking the kiss, he looked into Squall’s stormy eyes, cloudy with his desire.

"Squall? Have you…?" Squall knew what he was asking.

"No." He stated quietly. "I’ve never."

Zell swallowed hard, stunned by this admission.

"Not even Rinoa?"

Squall shook his head slightly, as if afraid to move. Zell’s own erection swelled even harder against Squall’s hip as he absorbed Squall’s words.

"It will be only you, Zell, you are the first." His sweetly spoken words served only to inflame Zell’s passion once again and he rose briefly to shed his own clothes.

Squall watched in awe as the clothes that covered Zell’s body dropped piece by piece to the floor in casual disregard. Zell was all but panting in anticipation at the sight of his lover sprawled wantonly on the bed, thighs spread, lips parted, eyes half closed.

Unable to finesse the situation any further, Zell moved atop Squall and wrapped his arms around him, holding him tightly against his chest.

He captured his lips in another searing kiss while he moved his hips tentatively against Squall’s belly. The sensation was almost too much for him to bear, and he moved his lips from Squall’s and pressed his mouth against his chest.

"Squall…I can’t wait any longer. I thought I could, but I can’t~I’ve wanted you for so long…"

Squall reached up and tangled his hand in Zell’s hair. He moved his other hand to Zell’s back, stroking it gently.

"It’s all right, Zell, I want it too, we don’t have to wait any longer." The softly spoken words spurred Zell into action, making his penis throb almost painfully against Squall’s belly. Without a word, he grasped Squall’s hips and turned him over roughly, apologizing in heated whispers for his haste.

He pulled Squall up onto all fours and nudged his thighs apart with his knees. He sat up behind him, poised for entry, his desire transformed into something completely irrational when he paused, seemingly considering something.

"What’s wrong?" Squall asked, his voice low and almost trembling. Zell didn’t answer as he leaned over Squall’s back and pulled open his bedside table drawer. Squall noticed the small bottle of clear liquid in Zell’s hand and his eyes drifted closed. There was no turning back now.

Zell poured a small amount of the liquid into his palm, coating his erection in it. When he felt satisfied that Squall wouldn’t suffer unnecessarily, he tossed the bottle aside and slowly ran an open hand down Squall’s spine, easing his chest down onto the mattress. He gripped Squall’s hips, bracing himself.

"It will only hurt a minute, I promise, okay?"

Squall’s only response was a slight nod and he arched his back in a silent invitation. Unable to hold back any longer, Zell entered him in one sure thrust, seating himself to the hilt. He moaned loudly, the pressure almost too much to bear. Squall hadn’t made a sound, but was breathing heavily, panting into the blankets he lay on. The sensations coursing through his body were taking over, quieting the observer in him, his mind blank for the first time in his life.

Sensing his surrender, Zell reached under him and took his erection into his hand, still slippery from the lubricant he’d used on himself. Slowly he began to stroke it, using the perfect amount of pressure. Squall lifted his head and cried out, the pleasure overwhelming. He pushed back against Zell which caused the friction to become almost mind blowing. Zell couldn’t wait. His thrusts picked up speed, his hips pumping into Squall, his hand moving faster, on the verge of release.

He heard Squall cry out his name one last time before he spilled his seed into Zell’s hand, jerking spasmodically.

It was all Zell needed to push him over the edge and he came in a glorious rush of sensations, filling Squall completely before he collapsed against him, his cheek resting on Squall’s back.

His chest heaved with the effort of his breathing and he smiled contentedly as he rolled Squall onto his back and drew him close once again.

Squall’s eyes were unfocused and staring, and his body was shaking as Zell lowered his head to brush his lips gently in a sweet kiss.

"Don’t you ever try to escape me again, Leonhart…understand?"

This elicited a small smile from Squall, which delighted Zell, as his smiles were all too infrequent.

"Yes sir…" He responded in kind. "Why would I want to?"

 

Author's Notes: nope…it’s not finished…..I shall return!

Return to Archive | next | previous