Forbidden

Chapter 8

By Purple Penguin

It was getting late Zell had added the sleeping weed to the stew as planned before going down to the their quarters. Everyone was there waiting for him including Irvine.

“All set?”

“Yeah I added the stuff and they came to take the pot away so they should be eating it soon.”

Seifer rubbed his hands together. “Great!” He picked up a pistol and tossed one to Kiros. “We’ll go get the transport.” He gestured to the others. “You guys follow in five minutes yeah? And bring the stuff with you.” He pulled Zell forward by the front of the shirt. “Aren’t you going to wish me luck?”

The little blonde removed Seifer’s hand. “Wait until we get off this ship then I’ll wish you LOTS of luck.”

The tall blonde grinned; the other two men shook their heads.

Kiros placed a hand on Seifer’s shoulder. Are we ready?”

“Let’s rock and roll.”

The older man gave him a look. He shut the door quietly and both of them headed for the deck, guns held at their sides. Kiros went ahead up to the deck and looked around for signs of anyone. He made a gesture for Seifer to come forward.

“Okay there’s one guy down there but he’s not a real threat to us at the moment.”

“Keep watch for me?”

“Of course.”

Seifer went over to when he knew the boats were kept and Kiros kept his eyes on the pirate at the end of the deck.

“Ta-Da!”

Seifer gestured to the small wooden boat, together their moved the craft to the side of the ship and lowered it into the sea. The pirate had turned and was moving in there direction.

What about him?” Kiros nodded in the direction of the man.

“Come on.” Seifer pulled him into hiding.

“W can’t shoot him without being heard.”

The pirate looked down at the wooden boat over the side of Griever; he spun round, glancing about. “Who are you? I know someone’s there!”

Two pairs of eyes watched him and Seifer squeezed the trigger, Kiros winced at the loud sound.

“Do you think many people heard that?” He asked as they moved from their hiding place as the man fell dead.

“Everyone if they had ears.”

Squall sat at him deck in his quarters staring out of the window. A figure stepped up behind him, getting closer and closer.

“What do you want?”

The figure pouted.

“You know you can’t sneak up on me.”

“Why not?”

“What do you want Nida?”

“What you thinking about?”

“Irvine.”

The other man smiled. “Right, nothing unusual there then. So why do you look so depressed?”

The other man shrugged. “I was thinking about the thing that happen to him and that-”

“Don’t. That wasn’t your fault.”

“But what if-”

They both jumped at a sudden gunshot. “What was that?!”

Silence followed, no people rushing up to the deck, no one coming in to alert them, just silence.

“Where is everyone?” Nida looked out into the corridor, then headed for the bar, puzzling by the lack of noise of drunk pirates coming from there. He froze in the doorway. The room was silent, but full of people they all slumped on their tables, some had fallen to the floor. Half-drunk glasses of beer stood on the tables and plates of food left there. Nida walked through the quiet room, nudging some of them; he picked up a glass of beer and sniffed it. He put a finger in and licked it; it tasted fine to him.

“What happened to them?”

Nida jumped and looked up at Squall who stood in the doorway. “I-I don’t know.” He went back to his friend. “Let’s try the mess hall, maybe there are people in there.”

Laguna and Rinoa carried the blankets up to the deck and Irvine guarded them with the other pistol. The cowboy was going back to help Zell afterwards. The three of them hurried hearing a gunshot.

“Are you guys okay?” Laguna asked as Seifer took the things he was carrying.

Kiros smiled. “You’re fine but we have to hurry before we get stopped.”

“I thought they were sleeping, I drugged the beer like you said.”

“Good but there maybe some still awake somewhere.”

Seifer finished putting the stuff in the boat then helped Rinoa get in and she started arranging things. Irvine and Laguna went back down to help Zell.

The little blonde was glad to see them. “Is everyone okay? I heard the gunshots.”

“Yeah Seifer shot a pirate.” Laguna shrugged and started to load the stuff up into his arms.

Zell gave Irvine a look and the cowboy smiled. “See? You did finally make it out of here.”

“I’ll miss you.”

“Tell your mum I said Hi.” He put a hand on his friend’s shoulder and Zell hugged him.

“I don’t like leaving you here.”

Irvine just smiled and stepped back.

“I’m sorry.” The blonde whispered, causing his friend to frown in confusion but before he had the chance to ask. Zell pulled back his arm and hit his friend who fell to his knees. “What-?”

Zell hit him again knocking him out; he sighed and picked up the unconscious man. Laguna stared at him as if he had grown an extra head. “W-What did you do?”

The little blonde shrugged. “It’s better this way.” He looked over his shoulder. “Bring the supplies will you?”

Laguna did as he was told. When they got back to the boat Kiros was already in it and only Seifer couched beside the side of the ship. He frowned as he saw Irvine in Zell’s arms. Even though he knew about the plan he didn’t like it. Seifer passed the things down to Kiros in the boat and then helped Laguna down too.

“Don’t give me that look.” Zell muttered.

Seifer shook his head. “I don’t like this.”

“It’s better this way, just leave it okay?”

“IRVINE!”

Both blonde heads shot up to see the captain of Griever walking up to them, eyes fixed on the cowboy. The commander came up behind pointing a gun at Seifer. “Let him go.”

Zell shared a look with Seifer. “I can’t.”

The captain met the eyes of the shorter blonde. “Let him go and you can leave, I won’t stop you.”

“What?!” That wasn’t what Zell had ever expected him to say. “I-I can’t, he’s my friend, I can’t leave him here.”

The brunette got closer to the unconscious man.

“Do you really think he can stay here?” Zell yelled at Squall. “What if the attempted rape isn’t just attempted next time?”

At Squall’s silence Nida cocked the gun, but his friend held up an arm. “Nida don’t.”

Seifer moved into the boat and gestured for Zell to do the same. “Zell some on leave him.”

“No!”

“He’s letting us go.”

“W-Well maybe he should let Irvine go too.” He looked back at Squall. “He can’t stay here, why can’t you see that? If you really love him let him go.”

Much to everyone’s surprise Squall kissed his fingers and run them down the side of Irvine’s face from his forehead to his chin. He took a step back and meet Seifer’s eyes. “Tell him I love him.”

The tall blonde nodded and gently lowered the unconscious man into the boat. “Zell come on you’re next.”

The blonde smiled at Squall. “Thank you.”

The two pirates stood back and watched the little ship leave, Squall stayed there staring out at the sea even after the boat was long gone.

 

tbc

Notes: That was fun! I was going to end it there, but you all might hate me. Ooh angst, sadness it’s all good.

Return to Archive | next | previous