Forbidden

Chapter 3

By Purple Penguin

Seifer lay in his new bed, the mattress nest to Zell’s on the floor in the basement of Griever. His new blonde friend lay curled up like a kid fast asleep. The tall blonde stared at the ceiling. He couldn’t sleep and how could he? In a matter of hours his world had changed completely. Zell shifted closer in his sleep, resting his head of the taller man’s arm. At least one good thing had come out of this, he had found Mrs Dincht son and even though they had just met he was growing fond of the petite blonde.

The door opened and Seifer quickly turned on his side, faking sleep by burying his head into the pillow. Light lowed into the room illuminating a figure that stood frozen in the doorway. The blonde slave closed his eyes as the figure moved closer, chains jingled and his leather trousers squeaked. He heard the footsteps stop and opened one eye gingerly.

Seifer gaped at the young man who stood there, the pirate looked over at his bed then around the room. That wasn’t what he was expecting the man was young about 20 maybe even younger. He thought most pirates were old and balding with those string vests and tattoos all over their bodies. Was this guy the Captain? He had floppy brown hair that hung in his eyes; he wore a leather jacket and pants, biker boots on his feet that reached up his legs. Chains hung from his belts, many belts.

The man paused in the middle of the room for a moment before going over to the sleeping Irvine. Seifer looked over his friend, was this the guy that was keen on the Irvine? Or the guy that had hurt him? The brunette knelt beside the sleeping lave and gently raised a hand to the cowboy’s face, running a single nail down his cheek and moving the long loose hair back from the man’s face. The leather-clad man kept glanced back at the other two slaves and back at the door as if he was afraid of acting this way.

The sleeping cowboy stirred, feeling the leather guy touch him. Irvine jumped awake and for a second he was afraid but his eyes focused on the kneeling brunette, his eyes softened and he smiled.

“Squall.”

Seifer nodded, knowing he was right this guy was the captain. No wonder he kept looking around the fearsome captain could not be seen acting like he cared about a worthless slave.

“Are you okay?” The brunette asked at barely a whisper and gingerly touched Irvine’s black eye. “I’m sorry I didn’t come to see you before.”

“S’okay I’m fine really.”

Seifer craned his neck to see the captain lean down and kiss the other man tenderly. The blonde smiled. Good for Irvine, this big scary captain did not look that bad to him. Maybe the commander was the bad one. If Irvine were happy then maybe he should stay here, Squall wouldn’t let the other pirate hurt him that looked pretty obvious.

“I don’t know who did this yet but I’ll find out and they’ll die for hurting you.”

The cowboy leaned into the touch. Squall glanced back at Seifer again. “I should go they could wake up.”

“B-But-”

The brunette turned back.

“C-Could you just... hold me?”

Seifer smiled the ‘fearsome’ captain climbed onto the small bed with the slave and they held each other.

Zell headed to the kitchen to start peeling vegetables for dinner, when he got there Seifer quickly shut the door and pulled the little blonde to one side.

“What are you?”

He put a hand over his mouth. “Shh just listen.” He removed the hand and the blonde was silent.

“When we leave we should leave Irvine here-”

“What? No way!”

“Wait! Listen a minute. I saw Squall come into our room last night he spoke to Irvine.”

Zell opened his mouth again but I cut him off.

“It was really sweet....actually.”

“Sweet? He’s a criminal.”

“Well you know what they say about bad boys. Look the guy didn’t seem that bad okay? He even stayed with Irvine for a while.”

“Yeah I bet.”

Seifer frowned. “Not in that way.”

“He’s happy why take him home if he’ll be miserable?”

“He can’t stay here with him!”

“Why? Other than you don’t approve.”

He didn’t answer instead he moved over to collect his vegetables together. “Have you got a plan great plan yet?”

“I’m working on it.”

Suddenly someone yelled someone from the deck and thundering footsteps ran up the corridors.

Seifer looked at Zell. “What’s going on?”

“I don’t know.”

“What is it?”

A small craft floated in the sea not far from the ship. It was a wooden boat with a downstairs cabin and a sail. Nida ordered some pirates into a dingy and they went out to get it.

Seifer moved up to the deck using the rooms and vents to hide in. Something was going on and he wanted to know what it was. He grinned upon seeing the rubber dingy that the pirates used, that maybe their transport away from the ship.

A female scream pierced the air. Seifer moved forward seeing supplies of food and drink being loaded onto the ship along with three people, two guys and a female. The girl clung to an older man maybe her father. The pirates moved back towards Irvine forcing the slave back into the ship, he went back to Zell.

“What’s going on?”

“Some pleasure cruiser with people on board. Two guys and a girl.”

“They’ve been brought on board?”

“Yeah and some supplies and stuff.”

Zell shaved the taller man back. “You should go now, someone will come in here in a minute looking for me if those new people have injuries, and you’ll get caught. Go.”

“B-But-”

“I’ll keep you posted.”

 

 

 

Author’s notes: Ok this is taking way too long. Bigger fewer chapters after this I think and I’m putting this on hold for a while.

Return to Archive | next | previous