Galbadia V Balamb Football Match

Part 9 - Macho, macho man!

By Purple Penguin

Fujin smirked as she stood on the side of the Galbadian pitch. The Galbadians walked out into their side of it wearing their red and black uniform looking serious. The Balamb Blues as Nida called them walked out onto the other side also looking serious until Seifer gave Zell a shove causing him to stumble forward.

"God dammit Seifer!"

"Shh!" He smirked, holding up a finger to the short blonde's lips.

Squall rolled his eyes. "Can we get on with it?"

"In a hurry to lose Leonhart?"

"Save it Kinneas!"

Nida had decided to leave the headmaster for the second half in case they started to lose. Fuijin placed the ball in the centre and blew the whistle.

The match began.

Irvine went for the ball but Raijin got there first and shoved the leaner man out the way.

"Hey!" He shoved back but Raijin ran on tripping over Kiros and slamming Selphie straight into the ground.

"Hey! Foul a billion times over!" Ellone called.

Fuijin sighed. "Yes I suppose so." She said in her normal voice. "Free kick to the Galbadian geeks!"

"That is not our name!"

"Well what then?"

"We're the- oh.... um..... Galbadian....."

"Glories?" Kiros suggested.

"Yes I like that, Galbadian Glories!"

"Fine okay whatever just kick the ball will you?"

Laguna leaned over to whisper to Selphie. "Why do they get the ref? WE have no chance."

She smiled. "We have a few tricks yet."

Kiros took the free kick passing it to Irvine who weaved it through Quistis and straight into Seifer's out-stretched foot.

"Foul!" Irvine yelled, looking over at Fujin.

She looked away. "I didn't see anything. Play on!"

The cowboy nodded to Ward who sat on the bench. Seifer kicked the ball right over Quistis' head. "Oops."

Raijin got it and ran down the field just as the ground opened up beneath him and he fell into a foot deep hole.

"What the fuck?" Nida gave the cowboy a suspicious look. "What the hell was that?"

He shrugged. "We get a lot of rabbits round here."

"That was no rabbit hole! The ground opened up and swallowed him!"

Irvine looked innocent. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Seifer rolled up his sleeves. "Fine, if that's the way you want it."

The first half went quickly. Seifer was punching people left and right; Zell saved two goals one from Kiros and one from Selphie. Ellone tripped up Quistis so the ref gave the BBs a free kick. Raijin hit the ball at the moomba and the creature ducked letting it hit the back of the net.

"What the hell?!" Irvine ran over to the moomba. "You're supposed to save it with your paws!" He grabbed its paws. "These things."

It growled and jumped on him

"Help! He's trying to eat me!"

The Balamb Blues just laughed as the moomba tried to hump Irvine, Selphie and Laguna pried the creature off their team captain.

"W-Ward you're up in goal!"

The moomba was chained to the bench and play continued. Selphie ran up the pitch like she had been at the sugar again, colliding with Squall and Zell kicked the ball clear and straight off the side of the pitch.

"Nice going Chickie!"

"Shut up Seifer!"

At the end of the first half the score was 1:0 to the Balamb Blues. Zell was bleeding from the forehead from when the moomba had broken loose and had attacked him and Seifer had spun round too fast and knocked Laguna unconscious with his shoulder. The Balamb blues sat in their changing room, the injured (being Zell) were being looked after by Seifer, both blondes sat on the bench the taller man applying bandages to his lover's head.

Squall sat down beside them grinning stupidly.

Zell frowned. "Where have you been?" He stared at Squall's kiss swollen lips. "Have you been kissing someone?"

Seifer looked over his lover's shoulder. "Looks like afterglow to me." His smirk suddenly disappeared. "Please god don't say it was Headmaster Cid."

The brunette wrinkled his nose. "Eww no, of course not." He shrugged. "Nida's been showing me his ball control skills."

Both blondes looked horrified. "Oh god, that's probably the worst thing you could have said ever!"

The brunette grinned. "Do you want details?"

"NO!"

"Why not? You're always keen to know about anything I did with Zell."

Seifer pointed at him. "That is completely different!"

Zell faked hurt. "I can't believe you're leaving us for a football-crazed flying.... loony."

Squall patted Zell's hair. "No one's leaving anybody. Hey maybe we could have a foursome."

Seifer was getting more disgusted by the minute.

"What? He has got good ball control skills."

"Squall, please go away now."

The brunette laughed and left them to it.

 

tbc.

Return to Archive | next | previous