Disclaimer: All places, characters are not mine, nothing here is mine, everything belongs to Squaresoft.

Double Take

Chapter 8

By Purple Penguin

Selphie and Squall sat at the window in the train, they had a carriage to themselves.

Quistis watched the brunette with interest. “He’s so different it’s scary.” She whispered to Irvine and Seifer.

The cowboy leant back in his seat. “So what’s the great doctor going to tell us?”

“Where he came found I guess and how to send him back.”

Seifer head snapped up. “You want to send him back?! His lover’s dead he’ll be miserable!”

Quistis held up her hands. “Calm down we don’t have to send him back but there are a lot of things to consider.”

“Like what?”

“Like our Squall, is garden really big enough for both of them?”

Seifer opened his mouth but shut it again, he knew she was right. Squall would never let this guy stay in garden.

“He doesn’t have to stay in garden, they don’t have to stay in the same country, Squall can’t get rid of him if we all like him.”

“That’s another thing what if everyone grows to love this squall as much as ours, isn’t that a little unfair?”

The tall blonde looked serious suddenly. “If he gets sent back then I’m going with him.”

Quistis shook her head sadly. “Seifer….” She didn’t know what to say.

Seifer got up and wrapped his arms around Squall’s waist from the back, the brunette smiled up at him and leant back on him.

“Aww, you two are so cute.”

“So tell me about me.”

Selphie stopped bouncing looking concernedly up at Seifer. “Er… a-are you sure he’s not like you.”

“That’s why I want to know.” He looked up at Seifer. “Why did you two break up?”

“Um… I was away from garden for a long time and Squall moved on to a girl… you don’t know Rinoa do you?”

“No.”

Selphie made a face. “Lucky you.”

Seifer smiled. “Selphie.” He warned but he had to admit he did agree. “She left him for other guy, Zell was left to pick up the pieces.”

“I-I’m-I mean he’s with Zell?”

“Yes.”

“Oh… I d-don’t see how.”

Seifer smirked. “Yeah to took me a while as well.”

“I don’t see how he could not want you.”

The blonde smiled.

“God you so unlike our Squall!”

Seifer chuckled at Selphie’s outburst.

“How long till we get to Esthar?”

“Still a few hours.” He ruffled his lover’s hair as he yawned. “Why don’t you go into the Seed compartment and take a nap?”

The other man nodded and reluctantly let go of Seifer.

Selphie sighed. “What are we going to do when our Squall gets back?”

“I honestly don’t know.”

Squall stretched out on his temporary bed in Esthar’s presidential palace.

“Wow, this place sure is big, I got lost just going to the bathroom.” He beamed at Seifer who sat on the side of the bed. “How does the president cope in a big place like this?”

Seifer smirked slightly. Remembering what Kiros had said once about when Laguna had just become president. He had managed to get lost all the time, he always phoned his friends on his mobile telling them to come find him.

“What’s he like?”

“Who? Laguna?”

Squall nodded.

“Well, he’s scatter-brained, clumsy, acts like an idiot but he’s heart’s in the right place.”

“Please can I meet him?”

“We’ll see, Quistis talking to Laguna right now.”

Laguna stared at the blonde SeeD. “H-H-H-He’s from another reality?”

She nodded calmly.

“Are you sure?”

Again she nodded.

He grinned. “Cool. Can I meet him? What’s his name? What’s he look like?”

She winced. “No, I don’t think you should meet him, it’s complicated.”

“Why? Is he hostile?”

“No but- you know experts always thought it’s possible for us to have doubles?”

“Yes, is he someone I know?”

She swallowed hard. “Squall.”

Laguna’s excitement disappeared in seconds. “Oh, s-s-s-so this Squall hates me too.”

“Oh, no that’s not why I said you shouldn’t meet him, he has asked to see you, he doesn’t know you.”

“Why not?”

“In his world you died not Raine, he lives with his mother.”

Laguna stared at her. “Raine’s alive. He never went to the Orphanage?”

“No, he’s very different.”

“Good different?”

She smiled. “Yes, he’s very friendly. I’ll warn you though he’s grown very close to Seifer.”

“Does our Squall know?”

She shook her head sadly. “No, don’t know how I’m going to tell him, he won’t like it.”

Return to Archive | next | previous