Degrading The Lion

Chapter 2 - In My Rival's Arms

By Redrum

[Squall]

"What the hell was that all about?!" Dylan yelled at me, all but dragging me down the hallway. I looked around nervously, luckily no one was in the corridors at the moment. Dylan's usually more careful about yelling at me in the halls, but he must be really angry. His face is flushed and I can see a small vein pulsing in his neck.

"Haven't I told you before? In public you are never to talk unless I tell you to, and never ever talk back to me!" I whimper in fear and pain. Dylan is twisting my arm, it feels like it's about to be pulled out of the socket. Though it's not like he hasn't done it before.

"Shit!" Dylan turns sharply at hearing a scruff of boots on the cold floor, and loosing his grip on me I collapse to the ground. "Hey!" I know that voice "You okay Leonhart? What the hell are you doing on the floor?" I don't know Seifer, I really don't know...

[Seifer]

When I left the cafeteria I was trying to look for Squall, when I recognized Dylan's voice coming from the closest hall way. Turning the corner sharply I'm surprised to see Dylan nearly tearing Squall's arm off while yelling at him. My black hard soled shoes clip against the tiled floor, alerting Dylan of my presence. Letting go of his tight grip on Squall he turns to face me.

"Hey! You okay Leonhart? What the hell are you doing on the floor?" My long stride soon take me to the couple in a matter of seconds that really feel like hours.

I feel Dylan's piercing gaze on me as I kneel to meet the collapsed brunette. His arm is twisted at an odd angle and I'm surprised he isn't screaming in pain. It looks pretty painful to me. "What happened?" I keep my voice low enough for only Squall and I to hear. Placing a hand on his (unhurt) shoulder I wait for an answer that I probably already know. "I fell." Shaking my head sadly I put an arm under his knees and my left arm behind his back, hefting him up (as gently as possible) I stand to face Dylan with Squall in my arms.

[Dylan]

What the hell is he doing? He can't touch my Squall! I can take care of him myself, I don't need Seifer putting his nose where it doesn't belong. "What are you doing?" I try to get my anger under control. I gradually feel my face lost it's warmth and that annoying little vein in my neck decrease in size. I easily meet Seifer's eyes with a warm smile.

[Seifer]

Yeah, like I can't tell that's not a fake smile. Asshole, I'm not stupid. You may be able to fool Rinoa and the other girls, but you can't fool me.

[Dylan]

"Not that it's any of your business, but I'm taking him to the infirmary. Or were you just planning on leaving him lying here in the middle of the hallway, hurt?" Shaking my head in rising frustration I step forward to take Squall into my arms. "Nuh, uh. I don't thinks so pal. I'm taking him to the infirmary, and I'm not going to cause him any more pain by standing here talking to you." I watch as Seifer turns sharply and setting a quick pace he makes his way to the infirmary.

Oh well, one more job I don't have to do. But I'll be 'talking' to Squall about letting Seifer touch him, he knows no one else is allowed to touch him but me. Of course I'll 'talk' to him when he's better, I don't want more people on my ass for 'upsetting' Squall when I 'talk' to him.

[Squall]

I don't hear Seifer and Dylan's conversation while I'm in Seifer's warm embrace. I feel incredibly tired as I rest my head against Seifer's neck. The only thing I feel before I go off into a deep sleep is the slight jarring of my body as the blonde makes his way to whatever destination. And Seifer shivering slightly every time my heated breath caresses his bare neck.

It's been so long since I've felt even the slightest bit of protection that I almost forgot what it felt like to be held and comforted. Dylan use to do it all the time, but now I don't really feel safe in his arms. Not dwelling on the thought of being able to feel safe in my rival's arms, I sleep a dreamless sleep.

Return to Archive | next | previous

ious