Archiver's Note: Do not take this story and post it on your own page without permission from the author.

Crush

Chapter Six - The Things I Do For Us

By Fantasy Lover

There’s a hole in the wall with the light shinning in
And it’s letting me know that it’s time to get up, It’s time to begin
Oh there’s nothing to lose
‘Cause I’m already lost
In a runaway world of confusion
I’m not gonna take it

- Fight Fire with Fire (Kansas)

 

The rising sun filled the room with light. Squall was the first to awaken as the bright light filtered through his eyelids. Slowly, he opened his eyes and re-adjusted to his surroundings. There, by his side, was his true love sleeping soundly. Not wanting to disturb Seifer’s peaceful sleep, he reached above his bed and closed the shades, thus darkening the room. As he watched Seifer, he thought about the evening before. It had been fantastic, and better yet, his lover had stayed the night. It was like a dream come true for the petite man.

Squall’s thoughts were suddenly disturbed, as he heard a faint knocking sound coming from the other room. Making sure not to wake Seifer, he got out of bed to answer the door.

As he pulled on his boxers, he thought, ‘Who in the hell could that be this early?’

There was only one way to find out. He opened the door which revealed the radiant smile that rested on the other side.

"Selphie. Hey, what are you doing hear?" he asked nervously.

"Don’t tell me you forgot already. We were suppose to study together....Remember?"

"Oh shit! I’m sorry, Selph. I completely forgot."

"That’s okay... You ready to go yet?" She asked before she glimpsed his black boxers. Then she giggled, "I guess not."

"Listen. Could you give me like 15 minutes or so?"

"Sure. I’ll meet you in the library."

"Good. Thanks, Selph."

He shut the door after her and walked to the bathroom in desperate need of a shower. When he looked in the mirror, he noticed that the boxers he was wearing weren’t his, but Seifer’s. He giggled for a moment, and then remembered that he was in a hurry. Quickly, he jumped into the shower, taking time only to lather up and rinse. This took about 5 minutes, then he jumped out and began to dry off.

‘Better leave a note,’ he thought.

Seifer,
Sorry I had to leave. Studying in lib. w/
Selphie. Be back soon. Love ya!
~Squall~
PS Last night was great!

He got dressed after he finished his note, then made his way to the library.

"Now on to health and recovery. Let’s see..." she said, thinking hard to remember, "If I remember right, Cure is the least effective magic, Cura is moderately effective, and Curaga is the most effective. Am I right?"

She looked over to Squall who seemed to be lost in his own world. Selphie began waving her hands in his face, "Squall...yoo-hoo...anybody in there? Hey, Squall!"

"Huh? Oh right....um Geezards and Grats are mortal enemies, yet they will co-habitate or something like that."

"Hon, we haven’t been on enemies for a while now. Are you feeling alright? You seem a bit detached."

"Yeah. I’m fine. Listen, Selph. I don’t feel much like studying right now. Could we reschedule or something?"

"Sure. You wanna grab a bite to eat?"

"No, I’m not that hungry. I just need time to think for a while."

"Well, okay. See ya later."

He gave a half hearted wave as he watched her leave. Finally some time to himself. Thoughts of the previous night flooded his mind. His quiet time didn’t last too long though. Soon he was joined by Irvine.

"Yo, Squall! How’s it going?"

He had a huge grin on his face, "Great. I...." He cut himself off.

"Come on. You what?"

"Um...nothing. It’s not important," He wanted to change the subject, "So what’ve you been doing lately?"

"Not much. Oh yeah, that reminds me. I saw Seifer coming out of you room earlier. I know you like him and everything, but I think he’s up to something. Want me to check it out?"

"NO!" Squall protested, "I mean...um...I’ll do it."

He got up from the desk he was at.

"Where did the asshole go, Irvine? I’ll find out what he’s up to."

"I think he went back to his room. Want me to go with you Squall?"

"No, I think I can handle him..."

When he reached Seifer’s place, he began pounding on the door, yelling "Open this damn door! I have to talk to you damn it! Open this fucking door before I break it down!"

There were crowds of other students gazing at the scene from a distance. No one knew what was going on, nor did they want to get close enough to find out.

It didn’t take Seifer long to answer the do. He stood there for a moment, shocked at what his lover had just been saying. Then it came to him.

"What in the hell are you doing, Squall? You're gonna fucking break down my door!"

"I have to talk to you!" he said shoving Seifer inside, "I heard that you have been..." And with that, he shut the door.

"I’m sorry, Seifer. I really didn’t want to do that. It’s just that..."

"I understand, babe. You were just trying to protect our secret."

"Right. And that’s exactly what I came to talk to you about."

"Is something wrong, Squall?"

"No, not really. I was just wondering...um...should we tell anyone?"

"Wow. I never really thought about it."

"Well, I think I should at least tell, Laguna. He deserves to know."

"Yeah. I guess so."

"And...um...Irvine is aware that I like you, but he doesn’t know about last night. He’s the only one though."

"Oh... You know, I was thinking we should keep this under wraps for a while. I mean it’s okay if you tell Laguna, but...well...you understand don’t you?"

"Of course I do." He reassured Seifer with a kiss. He didn’t really want to tell either. At least not yet.

It was now an hour later, and Squall was still in Seifer’s dorm.

"I gotta go now, love. I’m supposed to meet Zell in the Training Center."

"You mean you're seeing another man?" Seifer teased.

"I guess you could say that. Don’t worry. I’ll be back later and we could have some fun, if you know what I mean."

"Can’t wait."

They both laughed, and Seifer kissed him in a way that made him melt.

"See ya, babe," Seifer grinned as Squall departed.

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE: Man! This was a hard chapter to write. There were so many options open, and I wanted to go a little bit of everything. I’m not sure if I chose the right path, but that’s okay because it leaves so many plot twists for later.

Return to Archive | next | previous