Author's Notes: The Seifer/Zell bit was going to be one chapter and then the Seifer setting up Squall/Zell was going to be other chapter but I stuck them together so no one could bug me for another chapter.

Chicken

By Purple Penguin

After the war not much had changed. Zell ran through the halls cursing under his breath.

"Chicken Wuss."

"Shut up Seifer!"

The tall blonde hurried to catch up. "What’s the rush chickie? Stick around it’s fun."

"Only for you."

"Chicken!"

"I am not a chicken!"

"Right, you wouldn’t let those fireworks off with us!"

Zell spun round and pointed at him. "I. Was. Five!"

"You didn’t want to jump off that cliff in Dollet."

"I did though."

"Only cause Squall did and we all know you’re hot for him."

"I am not."

Seifer shrugged. "Doesn’t matter I’m sure he’s not into chicken."

"I. Am. Not. A. Chicken!"

"Prove it!"

Zell opened his mouth to speak then shut it again looked nervous. "What do you want me to do?"

The taller man grinning making Zell feel worse. "That’s my boy chickie, come with me." He wrapped an arm around the shorter boy’s shoulders. "You see with Raijin and Fujin gone there’s only me to wreak havoc and now… you’re my newest recruit."

Quistis and Selphie sat in the cafeteria, the blonde had made an Instructor again. "I don’t think we should be talking about this."

"But why? It’s not like I’m talking about Irvine’s skill in bed or anything?"

The instructor blushed.

"You’re an instructor so if I think my friend is acting strange you have to help, right?"

"We should let Zell sort out his own problems, you know him, he’ll bounce back and- What’s that noise?"

"What noise?"

"That yelling noise, you hear it?"

Selphie strained to hear. "Oh yeah, it’s louder now!"

Zell ran into the cafeteria completely naked, yelling at the top of his voice he ran round all the tables and then back out again. The two girls shared a look before running to the door to watch the little blonde run into all the other rooms too and then finally into the training centre and not come out again.

Selphie turned to Quistis. "So what do you think is up with Zell?"

"He’s lost his mind, we have to talk to him."

"Right." Selphie nodded, looked back at the training centre. "Now?"

"Err- tomorrow when he has clothes on."

The petite girl nodded in agreement.

Seifer leant on the wall in the secret area laughing his head off. "That was the best!"

"Shut up!" Zell pulled his pants on.

The larger blonde grinned, watching Zell’s hard body as it disappeared under his clothing. Chickie looked at him. "So that’s it right? Nothing else to do?"

"Are you kidding? We’re just getting started!"

"M-More?"

"Of course… you like hotdogs right?

"What’s that got to do with anything?"

Seifer grinned. "Cafeteria raid!"

"Raid? Us? When? How?"

"Tonight you can take as many hotdogs as you can carry."

He frowned, not liking that idea too much. "W-What time?"

Seifer smirked. "At midnight, I’ll come get you."

"Midnight? But-"

"Listen do you want to be a chicken all your life?"

Zell sighed. "No."

"Good then I’ll see you later…" he paused. "And your buttons are done up wrong."

The little blonde cursed as he pulled on black pants, black sweater, and a pair of sunglasses. If he was doing this he was doing it right, Seifer couldn’t say he wasn’t trying then. No way he wanted to get caught so he wasn’t taking any chances. Seifer obviously needed his expertise, so he couldn’t chicken out, he was no chicken.

Zell looked in the mirror squinting to see as the sunglasses made a dark circle around his vision. He grinned, knowing he looked the part. There was a knock on the door and he went to answer it. Seifer stood there wearing what he usually did, a grin on his face that slowly slid off his face when he saw what Zell was dressed in.

Zell tried at Seifer’s grey trench coat. "You haven’t even tried."

"What the hell are you wearing?"

"What?" He looked down at himself. "I look the part."

"You look ridiculous."

"I do?"

"Zell it’s midnight and you’re wearing sunglasses."

He pointed at Seifer. "HA! This is my disguise so people won’t know it’s me."

"And you don’t think the tattoo will be a give-away?"

Zell paused. "I didn’t think of that."

"Uh huh." Seifer turned. "Let’s go chickie."

"Well I’m keeping the sunglasses."

"Yeah whatever."

The two walked down the corridor with Seifer explaining the plan, he turned the corner but Zell didn’t see him go because of the dark sunglasses in a dark hallway. He carried on walking forwards. "Seifer? Seifer where did you go?"

He turned in time to see a pissed looking Seifer storm up and rip the sunglasses off putting them into his top breast pocket.

He looked a little sheepish as the other man stared at him then shoved him in the right direction. In the cafeteria Zell made a small noise causing Seifer to raise an eyebrow.

"Sorry, it’s just so exciting."

The tall blonde frown. "Uh huh, start loading up on those hotdogs will you?"

"Err- Seifer?"

"Yeah?"

"What do we do with all this stuff?"

"We carry it."

"But there’s a lot here shouldn’t we get-?"

"What? Lunchbox? A handbag?"

Zell frowned. "Where’s the point in a raid if we don’t take a lot? They won’t notice a few missing hotdogs." He stopped in shock as the other man swept out a few cupboards. Vinegar bottles smashed and pots bounced as they hit the floor and rounded under cabinets.

"W-what the hell are you doing?"

"Making a mess."

"But-"

"You’re right they won’t notice unless we make a mess. Now start grabbing them hotdogs."

Zell shrugged and watched Seifer while he picked up as many hotdogs as he could carry. The tall blonde ran out ahead of him towards the fountain with the stone fish in the middle spurting water. He took a hotdog from Zell and shoved it into the fish’s mouth then removed the sunglasses from his pocket and put them on the fish.

"All done. Let go chickie."

"B-but I like them glasses."

"You’ll get them back."

Zell loaded hotdogs into his fridge. "So that’s it right? We’re done?"

"There was one more small thing." Seifer smirked at the unsuspecting chickie.

"What?" He frowned as Seifer really did close the gap, slowly grinning.

"Or are you chicken?" Seifer caught him up and carried him away to the bed. To his surprise and annoyance Zell flipped them over to straddle him. "What if I what to top you?"

Seifer scoffed. "No way!"

"You chicken?"

The tall blonde smiled. "Yeah." He said and flipped them over again to kiss the little blonde happy at Zell’s confused expression.

Zell frowned. What didn’t he think of saying that?"

Zell milled around outside the commander’s office for hours. Oh god, Seifer can’t be serious, he couldn’t, he was so dead. He thought the sex thing was the one last thing that Seifer spoke of. Oh well he couldn’t back out now he was no chicken. He gulped and raised a hand to the door, knocking on the wood.

"Come in."

He peeked in round the door, Squall looked up from his paperwork putting down the pen when he saw his friend. "Zell what are you doing up here?"

"Err- I-um….." He walked up to the desk gingerly. "Squall I- I’m sorry."

"Sorry? What- Mph?!"

Zell leaned across the desk and kissed him quickly, pushing back from the shocked Squall.

"I’m sorry, please don’t hurt me!" He winced, waiting for the blow, his eyes tightly closed.

No blow came instead lips blushed against him again, causing Zell to open his eyes in shock. Squall had a scary expression on his face, scary for him anyway, he was smiling and in an odd way.

"S-Squall?"

The brunette nuzzled into his neck like a big cat. "Do you know how long I’ve waited for you to do that?"

Zell drew back in shock and guilt, forgetting his embarrassment. He was so going to kill Seifer.

"Um… yeah… Squall?"

The brunette looked up, that strange un-Squall-like look in his eyes.

"I…. Um… have to go…. Now."

"Okay."

Hmm, he hadn’t thought it would be that easy to escape, although Squall was a workaholic.

"I’ll come find you later."

"Umm…. Yeah…" He ducked out of the room quickly.

Zell stormed into the library ignoring the looks the staff gave him and glared at Seifer. "I have to talk to you."

"What is it chickie? I’m busy."

"You set me up!"

"Don’t know what you’re talking about?"

"Squall! I kissed him and now he’s…. very odd."

"So?"

"So? Is that it? He’s my friend and I don’t want to hurt his feelings, a-and you knew didn’t you?"

"Maybe."

Zell glared harder.

"Okay yeah I did, it’s it so fucking obvious."

Zell sat down in one of the free chairs. "So now what do I do?"

Seifer smirked. "You know you like him."

"I do not!"

The other blonde gave him a look. "I don’t, at least I don’t think so."

Seifer shrugged. "Fine do what you want, thought I’d give you a hand as you’re such a chicken and he’s…. Squall."

Zell got up quick. "I hate you." He muttered as he turned away.

"Love you too chickie!" He called after him.

Zell sighed in relief as he sagged against his dorm door. All day of avoiding Squall, that guy was persistent.. In the cafeteria he hid behind a girl and followed her out, on the first floor he sat behind a large plant pot and got cramp. At least he was home and planned to stay there till morning, Squall couldn’t get him. He sighed and walked into the bedroom and reached for the light, switching it on. He froze in shock, horror and lust.

"Hi." The brunette said from the bed, thank god he was dressed sort of. Squall sat on his knees on the bed a long leather coat on with just the top three buttons on the coat done up.

"W-what are you doing here? How did you get in here?"

The brunette held up the master key innocently. The commander and headmaster had a master key to open all the room in garden in an emergency.

"That’s for an emergency."

"It is an emergency."

Zell doubted that, edging towards the bed with his eyes locked on the brunette. Squall undone a button as he got closer.

"Wait, stop undoing those buttons!"

"Why? You started it, you kissed me remember?"

"Yeah and about that… you see the thing is that… I…..ummm…."

Squall reached out and pulled him into sit on the side of the bed, the blonde leant back as the brunette smiled at him. "I won’t bite."

Zell’s eyes betrayed him by watching the next button get undone, eying Squall’s lean body, he quickly looked away.

"Squall listen I- What are you doing?" He asked as he felt Squall pick up his hand and move it towards his own body.

"You aren’t touching me." He moved Zell’s hand to his hard cock wrapping his hand over the little blonde’s own hand and started to stroke himself.

The blonde just stared, feeling the heat in his palm and watching Squall arch back obviously enjoying the touch. The stormy eyes opened and watched him. "Want you, don’t you want me too?"

The blonde moaned and moved to undo the last button himself, pushing the taller man into the sheets.

He was no chicken!

Return to Archive