Author's Notes: Slight AU, set before the seed exam but Selphie and Irvine are there and Quistis is still an instructor.

Notes: Last chapter sort of, will add a smut filled epilogue about Zell getting the cast off and wanting to show Seifer how flexible he is.

Chained to you

Chapter Seventeen

By Purple Penguin

The previous night:

Irvine turned eyes glazed over with alcohol on the pretty blonde in his lap, running hands under her dress as she straddled his waist, lips brushing the skin of his neck, his collar bone, and her hair tickling his chin. Clumsy hands pushed her away from himself slightly, holding her up as she swaying unsteadily in his lap.

"Let's go to bedroom." He whispered against her neck.

"On the first date? She giggled, almost falling out of his lap.

The cowboy pushed her up onto her unsteady legs and they helped each other walk out of the room, the blonde giggling all the way in a un-Quistis sort of way.

The cowboy let go of her momentarily to open the bedroom door.

"Eek!" She managed as she lost her balance, falling back, clutching hold of the cowboy, legs wrapped around his legs, pulling him down too.

Both laying and laughing hysterically on the floor with Quistis underneath the cowboy.

Her legs dropped to the floor from around his waist. "We didn't make it." She muttered, stroking the hair of her friend who was undoing the buttons on the front of her dress.

"Come on." She tried to sit up. "Get up Irvine."

He pouted in disappointment. But Quisty, I'm comfy."

"Bed will be comfier." He knelt on the floor watching her get up, trip over his legs and staggering to the bed. She grinned back at the cowboy, kneeling up o the edge swaying dangerously before... she fell off the bed.

"Quistis?" Irvine got to the bed and peered down at her. "You okay?"

The blonde didn't answer, she lay passed out on the floor.

"Oh nuts." He muttered, lounging on the bed and falling asleep.

Her head felt like it was about to split apart as she absently stirred her coffee continuously. A shadow fell over her and she winced as she looked up at the small figure who stood with arms folded.

She sighed. "Don't start Zell."

"How do you feel?" He asked as he dropped into the chair opposite.

"Terrible."

"Good."

She shook her head. "Not like we did anything other than kiss."

"That's enough, Selphie's my friend."

"I know."

"And you're meant to be our superior, I didn't think you would-"

"I know." She glanced between him and her coffee, still clutching her face.

He paused. "I think that's well and truly stirred." He added with a smile as she dropped the stirrer onto the saucer.

"Surprised you're sitting with me you never used to."

I'm surprised you let me sit here, thought you hated me?"

She raised an eyebrow. "What gave you that idea? I'm just professional that's all." She took a sip from her cup, grimacing at the now cold beverage.

"You made me share a tent with Seifer!"

She smiled. "I was helping him out." She smiled. "Worked too didn't it?"

Zell stared in shock. "You knew?" He dropped back in his chair. "Did everyone know but me?!"

She smiled. "I've known Seifer for a long time remember?" He shoved her cup of coffee to one side. "I see how he looks at you, even when he thinks he's being subtle and no one's looking."

"So you don't hate us?"

She shook her head "Seifer had this theory that- Err- Never mind."

"If Seifer said then I can already guess what it was about."

He chuckled. "That apparently you're nicer to Squall because it's plot to get into his pants." He laughed as he said it but Quistis choked and blushed.

Zell sat up quick. "You do like him!"

"Not anymore."

"Why not?"

"He doesn't swing my way." She shrugged. "It's okay, not like he broke my heart or anything I just-"

"Thought he was hot."

She flushed. "Well- yeah."

Zell shrugged. "He's alright."

She grinned. "But you prefer blondes?"

"I hope so." A third voice joined the conversation and Seifer walked past Quistis stand beside Zell.

"Seifer." She nodded.

"Instructor."

She stood. "Well I thought go... and get some pain killers."

Zell waved as she left and Seifer dropped into her vacated chair.

"Did you two have a good chat?"

The little blonde shook his head. "I don't know why you don't like her."

He shrugged. "I just don't."

"But-"

"She just rubs me up the wrong way that's all."

"Glad she doesn't rub you up the right way."

"That's your job." Seifer smirked.

Zell grinned. "You know if you haven't got a class next, I'll rub you anywhere you want."

"I have magic class next."

"Oh." Zell's face fell. "But that's boring."

"I know."

"Skip it."

Seifer laughed. "You know what Chickie, I think you're a bad influence on me."

The little blonde scoffed. "I'm a bad influence on you? Try that the other way around."

"Hey! I let me share my dorm even though you're really messy!"

"I am not!"

"You're slob." Seifer laughed.

"That's rich coming from you, you're dorm's always a mess."

"That's because you're there."

"You bastard!"

"Slob!"

"Ass-hole!"

"Chicken Wuss!"

"Ahh! The happy couple."

Both blonde paused as two shadows hovered over their table. Irvine had an arm tight around Selphie's shoulders.

"What's the matter with you two? You should be off making sweet love not trading insults."

"Sweet love?" Seifer asked.

Zell eyed the arm that joined the pair together. "You two look happy, sorted things out?"

"Yep!" Selphie cheered. "Coffee?" She asked the two blondes.

Seifer shook his head.

"No thanks." Zell answered.

The cowboy pulled up a chair at the table as Selphie went up to the food counter.

"So what did you tell her?"

"That I got very drunk because I missed her."

"And Quistis?"

He looked sheepish.

"Skipped that bit out huh?"

"It's not like a lied really I just bend the truth slightly to fit better."

The blondes shared a look.

"What?" he asked. "What's important is that we're happy, you're happy, everyone's happy."

Selphie came back. "So what are we talking about?"

"Seifer was being mean to me!" Zell immediately pointed at his lover.

Selphie sat down and scowled at the tall blonde. "Seifer what have you been doing to poor Zell?!"

"Oh that's right don't bother to hear my side of it, and what's you mean poor Zell? He was the one encouraging me to skip class."

The petite girl grinned. "And what would you have been doing instead? In detail please, preferably with pictures too."

Seifer laughed. "What's the matter Selphie? Irvy not satisfying you enough?"

"Hey!" The cowboy protested.

"You have to keep her on a shorter leash." He said, standing up.

"You better not be calling me a bitch Almasy!"

He drained his cup of coffee, faking a look of horror. "Me? Would I ever do such a thing?!" Then grimaced and coughed, glancing at cup that he'd just drained. "That's disgusting."

Zell nodded. "That's what Quistis had been drinking, an hour ago."

He placed the cup back on the table with a constantly grimace. "I think I have to go- throw up."

Selphie handed him her water bottle with a smirk, which he took and drank half before handing it back and leaving.

Selphie chuckled. "Strangely I think that made my day."

Irvine pouted. "You mean more than getting back together with me?"

Zell laughed. "Aww, Irvy not loved no more."

"Shut up, I should beat you from laughing at me but you're the cripple and everything."

"Cast's good for something then.... Even if it is hell for my sex life."

The other two gave him odd looks.

"Do I say that out loud?"

They nodded and smirked. "Afraid so."

He blushed. "Oh."

The cowboy got up, patting him on the back. "Poor Zell, want a hotdog to smooth things over with?"

"If you're buying, okay." He grinned.

 

End-ish.

 

 

 

Sudden ending I know, but I was sitting there for hours thinking for an ending then I gave up. Epilogue to go, expect some smut.

Return to Archive | next | previous