Author's Notes: Slight AU, set before the seed exam but Selphie and Irvine are there and Quistis is still an instructor.

Chained to you

Chapter Fiveteen

By Purple Penguin

I didn't think I could go through with it. The flowers were shaking in my hand and I was shaking with them. The door looked daunting and I was scared. Zell stood beside me, giving me funny looks.

"Seifer?"

I blinked, looking down on the short blonde. "It's just dinner with my mother, it's not like you're getting tortured or anything."

"I'm afraid." I whined pathetically.

He smiled. "I know."

"Can't we go Behemoth hunting instead?"

He grinned. "Don't worry, Ma's a great cook."

With a deep breath I knocked on the door, Zell rolled his eyes and dug out his door key to let us inside. He took the flowers from me and used his crutches to walk inside.

"Hey Ma!" He bounced around quite well for a guy on crutches.

His mother came out of the kitchen followed by the nice smell of something cooking. "Zell." She smiled and hugged her adoptive son.

"Hi Ma!" He handed her the flowers. "We got you these."

She gave him a kiss and took the flowers. Zell turned to me and frowned. "Seifer you don't have to hover in the doorway."

I blinked, realizing I still stood on the welcome mat. I let the door swig shut behind me and I went to stand with my boyfriend and his mother. The older woman smiled at me with kind eyes. "Hello Seifer."

I smiled nervously. "Um- Hi."

I saw Zell roll his eyes at my uncharacteristic shyness.

The woman smiled at me, looking amused. "Zell told me you saved his life."

"Err- Well-I- N-Not really."

She smiled but let me off the hook, turning back to her son eyeing the plaster cast in concern. "As for you." She pointed into the living room. "I think you should sit down before you fall down."

Zell frowned. "Ma! I'm not a baby."

She directed him into the nearest sofa in the living room, giving him a little shove to get him to sit down. "Now you just sit there and dinner should be ready soon, Seifer can keep you company."

I turned to look at her. "But as the guest I want to help."

"Yeah Ma he's almost as good a cook as you as."

The kind woman raised her eyebrows in half amusement, half surprise. "Well okay if you don't mind chopping vegetables." She walked back to the kitchen, looking over her shoulder to let me know that she expected me to follow.

"Chopping vegetables is a good stress reliever."

She laughed.

"I didn't mean to hurt her, I love her."

"Well of course I know that but does Selphie?"

The cowboy leant on the wall, staring blankly out of the window, a glass of whiskey in his hand. Thoughts running in circles, he had finally caught up his girlfriend but she had accused him of not caring and favouring other girls. He had never said that and he hadn't flirted with anyone since he started dating her. Where had all this come from? He didn't understand.

His friends Seifer, Zell, Nida and a couple of guys from Galbadia weren't here to talk to and he was never that close to the girls except Selphie and getting friendly with the female cadets would only make her more angry.

The only person who seemed willing to listen to what he had to say sat on the sofa right now in his living room. Irvine swallowed the contents of the glass, looking into the window pane. It was dark outside and with the lights on all he could see was the pale reflective mirror image of the room. The lamp that sat on the wooden table into the couch was on, the bottle of whiskey and one full glass sat beside it. Blonde hair fell over the arm of the sofa, head resting on a long arm that was bent at the elbow with fingers absently playing with golden strands.

Long slim body curled loosely on the side of the couch out of the usual pink suit. A knee length black and wine coloured blouse with the top two fastenings undone adorned the long slim body that lay on the sofa.

He stared at the image for a moment watching her sit up and pour herself another glass of golden liquid. Her bare feet sunk into the thick carpet and she smoothed down her skirt at the back and picked up the bottle before heading towards him.

Irvine absently held out the glass for a re-fill. The blonde filled the glass then sat the bottle down on the nearest surface, leaning against wall on the other side of the window with a sad smile.

"I know you care about her but then shouldn't you be out there with her-" She nodded her head towards the door. "Instead of in here with me?"

Irvine sighed. "I don't know if she'd listen to me now." He swallowed the contents of his glass and glanced at her. "You're a good friend Quistis."

She smiled. "I know."

He shook his head and chuckled.

"If you love her you should make her understand or- maybe she's not right for you-"

Irvine instantly shook his head. "I will talk to her." He didn't move from his place beside the window causing the blonde frown in confusion and open her mouth to question when the cowboy added.

"-Tomorrow."

She smiled and picked the bottle up to re-fill their glasses.

Zell walked into the kitchen after almost an hour later with help of his crutches to find both his mother and his boyfriend singing along to the radio. Seifer was gathering up place mats and cutlery to set the table with, it was then that he looked up. His half humming, half singing stopping.

"Glad you two are getting on so well."

His mother glanced up and smiled. "Zell there you are, dinner will be ready soon so why don't you sit down."

The little blonde leant his crutches on the wall and grabbed some glasses.

"What are you doing?"

"Helping to set the table."

Seifer walked around the table and took the glasses from his boyfriend's hands. "That's okay I'm doing it, you sit down."

The little blonde growled in frustration. "Ma, is there anything I can do to help?"

She shook her head. "Seifer's right honey, why don't you let us take care of things?"

"I'm not a baby; I can take care of myself."

"But isn't it nice to be waited on for once?" His mother asked.

"Not as nice as you might think."

A plate of food was placed in front of him. "Do you want some of this?" Seifer gestured the wine bottle he held.

"I can do it!"

The taller man shrugged and handed the little blonde the bottle letting him pour everyone a glass.

"Did that help? Seifer asked.

"A little." He answered.

After dinner Ma got tired with complaining about not being able to do things and people thinking he was a baby so she decided to show Seifer just how much of a baby he was.

The little blonde had finished drying the dishes, which he had insisted on doing and walked into the living room to find Seifer and his mother looking at baby pictures.

Zell snatched the picture of a six year old version of himself standing naked in the bathroom with water all over the floor. Seifer laughed. "Calm down Chickie, I grew up with you remember?" He chuckled. "Do you remember one summer in the orphanage when matron was watering the plants and we all ran around naked getting soaked by the hose?"

The shorter man stopped to think back. "Are you sure I was still there then?"

"Yeah." He chuckled. "You slipped in a puddle and cried!" He laughed.

Zell frowned. "Shut up Seifer!"

His mother smiled. "You two will sleep here tonight right?"

"Err-"

"You normally stay over Zell."

"Um- Yeah, okay." Zell agreed, ignoring Seifer unsure look.

She smiled and disappeared out of the room. As soon as she was gone Seifer leaned over to Zell. "What was that? I can't sleep here with you?"

"Why not?"

"It feels wrong to share your bed in your mother's house."

"But it's not like we're going to do anything, you don't touch me below the waist anyway."

For a moment Seifer said nothing then he frowned. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Hmm? Nothing, I was just saying." He glanced down at what they were sitting on. "Well the sofa used to fold out I suppose it still does you can sleep there."

Seifer nodded.

"Go ask Ma if it still folds out."

The taller man looked nervous again and headed out to the kitchen, he tapped the doorframe to get Zell's mother's attention.

She jumped slightly. "Oh hello."

"We wondered if the sofa folds out, Zell said it used to."

She frowned. "Yes it does, why?"

"So I can sleep there tonight."

She gave him a confused look. "But I thought you and Zell were-"

"We are but-"

"Well he's bed's a double you can share it." She shrugged and went back the newspaper she was reading at the kitchen table.

Seifer opened his mouth to say more then just shut it and walked back into the living room.

"Well?" Zell asked.

"She said I can share your bed."

Zell looked over the back of couch, eyes following his lover as he walked back to him. "That's what I said; I told you it would be okay."

Seifer flopped down next to him. "But I don't have any stuff here."

Zell grinned. "You could sleep naked, I won't mind."

Seifer rolled his eyes with a grin.

She picked up the bottle to get a re-fill but nothing came out, she shook just in case, mind fuzzy with the alcohol. "I think we've ran out."

The cowboy pushed himself up off the couch, stumbling slightly. "I have more... somewhere." He made it to cupboard, tugging on the door to open but it didn't he tugged it harder, it opened suddenly he lost his balance and fell back.

The blonde on the sofa who was now sprawled over it, legs and arms in all directions burst out laughing, giggling practically.

"That was not funny!" The cowboy got up to all-fours and crawled back to the sofa where Quistis was still giggling uncontrollably. He pulled himself up onto the sofa and pushed her out her out the way. Once he was sitting down she fell back again, head falling in his lap blinking up at his face with blurry vision.

The inebriated blonde sat up slightly sp she leant against the cowboy's side sagging her body across his chest giggling drunkenly.

"Never heard you giggle before." The cowboy said with a chuckle, raising fingers to brush bangs of blonde that had fallen in her face back behind an ear. "Never seen you drunk before thought you were all prim and proper."

The blonde pouted another first. "I do lots of bad things."

"Like?"

She cocked her head to think about it. Irvine grinned. "Can't think of anything huh?"

She smiled suddenly, having an idea. She leaned up and pressed their lips together in a brief kiss.

The cowboy chuckled teasingly as she backed off quickly after just the brief touch. "Oh you're a real naughty girl aren't you?" He said playfully.

She kissed him again just as briefly or it started off that way till the cowboy ran a hand into her hair to stop the kiss from getting broken. The blonde had one hand flat on Irvine's chest and the other hand around his neck. Again she was the one to break the kiss.

"Wait!" She insisted as he reached out to pull her back to him. "This isn't right."

"It's not?" Irvine paused to think of a reason why not.

"You have a girlfriend."

"Oh yeah."

Quistis played with the buttons on the cowboy's shirt. "But she's not here is she?"

Irvine shook his head.

"And she did walk out on you."

Irvine nodded.

"So then it's okay."

The cowboy nodded again, eagerly reached drunkenly for the blonde in his lap.

Zell lay in his bed half naked only wearing his boxers, which he normally wore to bed. His arms were folded behind his head, Seifer wandered out of the bathroom dressed in only a towel.

"Hope you're naked under that."

The taller man shook his head and picked up his boxers to put back on.

Zell pouted. "You know I wasn't joking about sleeping naked if you weren't."

Seifer seemed to think about it then dropped the towel, rolling his eyes at his boyfriend's huge grin as he slipped under the covers.

"See something you like Chickie?" He teased, turning on his side next to the other man.

The taller leaned into the kiss, feeling the bed dip as the two men shuffled across the mattress to get nearer to each other. The shorter man's hands wandered, Seifer reached down when a hand wandered too far south.

"What?" Zell said innocently, fingers wiggling in Seifer's grip.

"We can't- do anything."

"Why? Because I'm crippled?"

"Because we're in your mother's house."

"But you don't come near me at garden either."

Seifer sighed, wishing the little blonde would drop it but Zell continued. "What's the matter? Don't you want to touch me or something?"

Seifer raised his head, looking at his boyfriend. "You know that's not it."

The shorter man scoffed, giving the other man a doubtful look.

"I love you." Seifer insisted, fingers playing with the hair at the back of his boyfriend's head.

They were lying close against each other; the little blonde nuzzled his head into his boyfriend's neck, kissing the skin. "I know." He didn't like Seifer telling him that too often, sure he liked hearing it but he always had to answer it with ‘I know' or a kiss but that never seemed like the best answer. He didn't know if he loved Seifer or not and he didn't want to say it if he didn't mean it.

There was a long but comfortable silence with the two blondes just lying in each other's arms. Seifer traced invisible patterns down his boyfriend's back, hands moving lower over the thin white boxers he wore. Zell arched at the touch trying to get nearer to the hands on his skin, more so when a hand slipped into his boxers.

"Don't get any ideas." Seifer whispered, lips inches from the shorter blonde's.

Zell gasped in more surprise than anything else when the hand drifted over his hip to wrap around his hardening erection, rubbing a thumb over the slit and around the head making Zell shiver and whimper. The little blonde eagerly lifted his hips as his boxers started to get pulled down by the waistband. Seifer teasingly ran a finger between his ass cheeks causing the other man to gasp and whimper.

"Please..."

His hopefully soon-to-be lover seemed amused. "Please what?"

"Do..... Something!"

The taller man hesitated, very aware that Zell's mother was a wall away. He kissed the other man briefly on the lips. "Quiet." He whispered. "We don't want your mum to hear us."

He pressed a kiss into his boyfriend's chest, then stomach then one of his hips before wrapping his hand back around the other man's cock. He breathed over the head, feeling it twitch in his fingers.

The little blonde's fingers flexed against the sheets, gripping them as a hot mouth covered the head of his erection; slowly working his way down a hand covered the base.

Zell panted, moaning quietly or at least he was trying to be quiet, bottom lip between his teeth in an effort to keep silent.

Seifer's hand moved in time with his hot mouth sliding up his lover's thick cock. The little blonde unconsciously spread his legs wider as a strangely slick finger stroked his hole before pushing into his tight little body. He groaned, enjoying the intrusion. The digit moved in time with his lover's mouth.

Zell's body jerked when the finger hit his sweet spot then pulling almost all the way out to add another finger. Both sliding in easily thrusting into Zell's tight body.

The little blonde used the little strength he had left to lift himself up to watch the golden head bob between his legs, seeing his own cock disappear into Seifer's lips was enough to tip him over the edge. He calloused back onto the bed with a loud moan as he came hard, spilling his come into his lover's mouth.

The tall blonde swallowed every drop before blinking his eyes open to look at Zell as he let the softening cock fall from his lips and his fingers slid from the blonde's tight hole.

Seifer shuffled up the bed looking mildly smug as he collected the panting man up in his arms.

"Alright?"

"Hmm, that was nice."

Seifer chuckled and dropped a kiss on his lover's forehead. "Go to sleep."

Zell lifted his head. "But what about you-"

"I'm fine."

"You sure?"

"You can repay me later."

The shorter man yawned, eyes closing. "Okay."

Return to Archive | next | previous