Authors note: Rinoa stayed to become a seed after ultimecias defeat, QSI =Quistis, Selphie ,& Irvine, POVs switches alot ,and Torin looks like Titus from FF10... also...this is my first story...

BrokenHeart

Chapter One

By WaitingAngel

A man stood quietly in one of Balamb Gardens' balcony immersed in his thoughts.

His eyes ,which were red from crying, now rest upon his hands.Tears rolled freely from his cheeks and landed softly on it. His blond hair stuck out in all sorts of direction. Like his eyes, it looked dull. Without it's normal look of happiness, contentment, or joy in life and everything in it.

Thunder roared loudly startling the tattoed blond. He tore his eyes away from his hands and looked up upon the increasingly storm filled sky. He felt the first droplets of rain on his face.

"Why did ya do this to me Squall?", More tears flowed down the mans cheeks, " Didn't I luv ya enough...".

*Flashback*

Zell arrived home from his mission on the eve of Squalls and his first anniversary... He was very tired from his long journey home but it did not quench his excitement. He had it all planned. With the help of his friends -Irvine, Selphie, and Quistis - he managed to sneak into his and Squalls room without anyone noticing. His love was at the Training Centerand would be arriving late.

The only source of light in their living room was the candles Zell lit. He (Selphie and Quistis) made a romantic dinner at their kitchen. Irvine also helped them prepare for the surprise by giving Zell one of his wine from his secret stash.

It wasn't really secret as to where he hid his wine. When Selphie and him dated for a while, she happen to come across it. (It was in his underwear drawers )Once in a while he and Selphie would borrow(steal) some wine. They just forgot to ask him. Irvine never found out who were the thieves...for this they were glad...Irvine was very, very, VERY possesive when it came to his wine( gun, magazines *yeah those*, among many other things...) anyways back to the story.

Zell was waiting patiently for his lover to arrive, holding the bottle of wine impatiently.

Finally he heard the click of the door as it was palmed opened.

He stood up immediately, a smile lit up his features...*Finally* He thought *Squall will sure be surprised*

Instead He, Zell Dincht, got the shock of his life...

Squall was kissing his ex girlfriend, Rinoa Heartily, passionately. pushing her roughly against the wall. The door behind them closed silently. They were already pushing their clothes off eachother...

His heart felt like it was peirced with Wards huge harpoon, he felt dizzy all of a sudden.

The Bottle of wine he was holding broke under the pressure of his hand. Blood seeped out of his wounds...The sound of the bottle breaking and and the shards falling on the floor alerted Squall and Rinoa of his presence.

Squalls eyes widened as it laid it's gaze at Zell's pain filled expression. "Zell..."He whispered.

More blood seeped from Zell's cuts and the pain made his eyes fall upon them...

*End of Flashback*

"Zell???!" a tall, blond man exclaimed.

Zell realized he was soaked.He must have been standing there for quite a while.

"Zell?" the taller blond repeated.

"Seifer?"

"Yeah...decided to take a shower? couldn't pay your water bills?"

"..."

"Here" A warm coat covered Zell's body"I've got some cocoa in my room?"

Zell looked at the ex sorceress' knight. He and Zell were friends now that Seifer wasn't as arrogant as he use to be.The Term Chickenwuss was more of a word of affection rather then a taunt.

Zell threw his arm around Seifer and started to cry his heart out.

Through it all...the night, the rain, the tears...Seifer held him.

Zell woke up to the steady tapping of the rain hitting the window.

*Where am I?* He thought to himself.

The sudden thunder outside startled him...making him sit up on a soft bed. The bedroom was neater than his and Squalls...Squall...

Suddenly the memories of what had occured yesterday came back to him. How he waited for Squall to come home, seeing Rinoa and him kissing, crushing the wine, brushing past them, running as far away as he could, standing in the rain, Seifer holding him...

*I must have fallen asleep...wait a minute...*

He quickly looked at his right hand...The hand that he injured last night...

"I cast cure on you while you were sleeping"

Zell Shrieked like a girl at the sudden voice.He turned toward the door, his heart beating

wildly against his chest.

"Seifer?"

"Who else were you expecting?"Seifer had his usual smirk in his face.

After a momment of silence

"Thank you" Zell murmured.

"For what?" Seifer was genuinely curious.

"For being there when i needed someone, giving comfort when i needed it, healing my hand..."

"You don't have to thank me Zell"

"I do...I...I..." Tears welled up in his eyes.

* Seifer probably think that he was a big crybaby *

Seifer surprised him though by walking swiftly across the room and wrapping his arms around Zell.

"Shhhh...Don't cry..."Seifer started to rock him gently , "Why are you so upset Zell?"

"..."

"Do you want me to call squall?"

"Please...sob...d...don't..."

"Did Squall hurt you ?"

"He...Rinoa...kiss...kissing...surprise...waited..."

"Shhhhh...why don't you clean up...you can take a shower here, You can borrow some clothes while I get us some breakfast...hotdog okay?"

"I'm not hungry...a shower would be nice though"

Seifer was very concerned. Zell never, EVER turn down a hot dog .

"Okay...Here take your pick...they're a bit large though"Seifer said opening his closet.

Zell picked out the smallest shirt and shorts he could find and walked slowly into the bathroom.

*Squall is in deep *beep* when i get my hands on him...hurting my sweet... innocent...beautiful...Sigh...Ohh yeah i'm gonna kick sorry *beep* the next time i see him*

Squalls POV

*It was wrong...just wrong*

Squall Lionheart kept repeating the chant again and again in his head.

*Why do I feel this way about him?...it's wrong...isn't it?...sigh...it just...what...lust...no...why is this happening to me?...guys should like girls... not other guys...I tried...by the hynes...I tried...I just couldn't stop feeling so ashamed whenever i kissed him...whenever we made love...whenever i held his hand...it made me feel like I was less than a man...sigh...*

For the millionth time that day, he relived what happened last night...

*Flashback*

Squalls breaths came in harsh pants as he defeated two t-Rexaurs that attacked him from nowhere...

"Great job!!"

He turned to find his ex, Rinoa, standing a few feet away from him...

"..."

"You never change do you?"

"...what are doing here late at night?"

"Same as you i guess...sigh..."

"..."

"So how are you and Zell"

"What makes you think there's a 'me and Zell' ?"

"Don't you live together?"

"So...doesn't mean i'm a f*g..."

"Ohhh!!!...but I thought..."

"You obviously thought wrong..."

"Does this mean you might still have feelings for me?"

Squall did feel...lonely...

*Maybe if I give her a chance...maybe i'll become normal again...maybe I wouldn't feel this way about guys anymore...she is pretty i guess...*

For an answer. Squall pressed his lips against hers...the next few minutes were like a blur. All he knew was that he had to get her somewhere private...

*My room* Squall thought* Zells on a mission anyways..."

So Squall led Rinoa to his room. When they got there, he pushed her against the wall and kissed her hard.

Suddenly, he heard a glass breaking...He turned his head and ...

*End of Flashback*

THUMP

A loud noise startled him from his reverie...

"Hey Squall...we need to talk!!!"

Seifer Almasy stood looming over Squall, casting his shadow over him...

Squall stood up from his chair to walk away. He had no doubt in his mind that Seifer talked to Zell. He was amazed that Selphie, Quistis, and Irvine hadn't already chased him with the intentions of giving him the beating of a life time.

*They'll probably kill me.cast life.then kill me again*

"Whatever"

Squall wasn't expecting the hand of his former rival to push him , rather forcefully, into the chair he had occupied. The force of the push made Squall topple over the chair and fall into the ground with a loud thud. Everyone in the cafeteria froze. Their eyes glued at the sight of the Gardens commander sprawled on the ground.

"One way or another Commander, " Seifer said mockingly ," You and I are going to discuss what has made Zell so upset..."

"It's none of your business Sei-"Squall tried to say as he began to stand up

"None of my business my @ ss"

"What happen last night is betwe-"

"the *bleep* it is...his devastated and i want to know what a son of a b-"

"*bleep* off Seifer"

"Make me you pei-"

"Pr**k!!!"

Seifer suddenly grabbed the nearest thing within his reach...Nida's tonberry pie. unfortunately for Raijin, Squall ducked out of the way and it landed between his eyes with a loud PLOP!.

"Bastard!!!" Squall shouted furiously. He picked up his half eaten hotdog and threw it as hard as he could.

FFFT...duck...thunk...

Seifer had dodged the flying hot dog but poor Rinoa had her mouth open to scream. The hot dog landed in her mouth and she began to choke on it. One of the Trepies hit her hard on the back.

The hot dog went flying again...FFFTTTTT...Duck...dodge...Thunk!!

Quistis, Selphie, and Irvine had just walked on the door...

Selphie ducked

Quistis dodged

and Irvine...poor... POOR Irvine got hit in the eye

"OOOOWWWW...*bleep* son of a *bleep*!! where the *bleep* did this *bleep* bleep* dog *beep* from!!!!!!????" the cowboy cursed rather thunderously.

Before anyone knew it...there was food flying from all direction...

Today was not Squalls day...he forgot that headmaster Cid who reopened and live in the orphnage with his wife was visiting...

In fact, the headmaster got hit *THERE* with a T-rexaur pancake covered with blobdra syrup thrown by Squall.

"LLLLIIIIIOOOOONNNNNHHHHHHEEEEEAAAART!!!!!" Cid boomed

Squalls eyes almost popped out of its sockets and his jaw hung unattractively. Seifer saw his opportunity and quickly threw an Ochu salad into Squalls face...

Squall spluttered as some of the salad went in his mouth.

"SSSTTTOOOPPPP!!!!"

gasp...plop...slurp...sshhpp...fftt...thunk (yes the hot dog still flys )...fart...rip...silence

"EVERONE!!!GO AND CLEAN UP YOURSELVES!!!!BUT FIRST TELL ME WHO STARTED IT!!!!"

Half of the majority pionted to Seifer and the other to Squall.

"Squall i'm disappointed in you...both of you will clean up this mess...IMMEDIATELY"

"Yes headmaster Cid" they both said in unison, properly chastised.

There they spent the rest of the day in silence ,working efficiently on diffrent sides of the room.

BALAMB GARDEN HALLWAY

Zell walked towards his and Squalls room...correction...Squalls room to get his things. He asked if he could stay a while with Seifer and Seifer agreed under one condition...Zell had to promise not to sing.Zell was NOT good at singing.

Suddenly he spotted Irvine, Selphie and Quistis as he turned around the corner. They were covered with food...

"GGGGEEEEEEZZZ!!...what happen to you guys?"

"Food fight at the cafeteria"Quistis said while taking off a piece of cockatrice leg off her hair.

"When?"the tattoed boy asked inquisitively.

"Just now"Irvine replied.

"Who started it?"

"Seifer and Squall"

"WWWHHHAATTTTT!?!?!?!?!"

"We have to change...bye"

Zell was left to ponder at what they told him...

*Seifer probably was angry at Squall for hurting a friend...man...i'm gonna need help carrying my stuff...hmmm...Irvine 's room is nearby...i'll just ask'm for help...*

So Zell walked up to Irvines door and was about to knock when the door slid open revealing a very naked Quistis, Selphie, and Irvine on the cowboys bed.

Zell's face turned red with embarrassment

"ZELL!!!"three diffrent voices gasped.

"I'll...uh...uhm...wai...wait...outside...uh...naw...i'll...just...g o and...uh...die now...yeah..."

"Zell can you wait outside...i just...we need to talk to you...okay?"

"Yeah...yeah...uh...sure..."

BALAMB GARDEN CAFETERIA

"FFFFiiiiiiinnnnnnaaalllllllllyyyy!!!!"

"It's your fault we had to do this in the first place Seifer!"

"It is not...if you hadn't hurt Zell-"

"Look I alre-"

"B.S. Squall you aren't leavin until you tell me-"

"I don't ha-"

"I swear you-"

"BOYS"

"Sorry Headmaster Cid..."

"Your still fighting over something...?"

"Seifer doesn't know how to mind his own business"

"I'd mind my own business if you'd hurt anyone other than Zell"

"Whys Zell so Special to you now Seifer?

"..."

Squall looked into Seifer's eyes and saw something that made his heart freeze...

*Seifer Loves Zell*the thought filled him with jealousy...*Zell's mine!!I love him...*

The thought surprised Squall and like a bolt of lightning, he knew that he loved Zell...he was just scared of having someone he loved go away...

*Like Sis...I love him...but...i am just so scared of letting him in my heart and then suddenly one day he leaves...*

He knew now that it was the reason he never felt comfortable with Zell... The question is...

Squall kept starring into Seifers eyes...

*Can I take the risk of getting my heart broken...?*

BALAMB GARDEN HALLWAY

*oooooohhhhhhmmmmmyyyyyyHHHHyyyynnnnneee!!!...*

Zell Dincht was leanning against Irvines door. He was soo shocked at what he just saw.

*...wow...WOW...hey!!! why didn't they tell me??!!...how long have they been..."

He was interrupted by the door opening...the door he was leaning against... Zell tumbled into the ground.

"Whoooaaa!!"

"Sorry Zell..."Irvine said apologeticlly.

"S'ky man...un soooo...when...why...-"

"Why did we start our threesome?...hmmm...well Selphie and I liked Irvine alot and instead of fighting over him we decided to share..."Quistis replied.

"When?...about three weeks or so..." Selphie said with a big smile upon her face.

"Why didn't ya tell me?...did Squall know?"

"Naw...we sorta kept it a secret..."

"And you didn't trust me to keep a secret?!?!?!?"

Q, S & I looked at Zell with the 'Duh' expresion.

"Okay...maybe not..." Zell looked at his shoes sheepishly.

"Just don't tell 'k...well try not to tell..."

"You can count on me!!!"Zell did the SEed salute."UUhhhh can you guys help carry my stuff out of Squalls room?"

"Why?" Selphie asked

Fresh tears started to well up on Zells eyes. With a grave expression, he told them about what happen the other night.

"Time to hunt for lions !!!"Selphie said furiously walking towards her weapon.

"*bleep* bastard needs a *bleep* lesson!!" Irvine said pulling out his gun.

"Heeeeee isss sooooooo going to get his @ ss whipped by me!!"Quistis started to lash out with her whip to emphasize her point.

Crack...Crack...Crack...

Zell started to feel almost sorry for Squall...almost...

BALAMB GARDEN HALLWAY

Seifer Almasy walked to his room deep in thought that he almost crashed QSI...

*Hmmm...they must have found about Squall and Zell...*

"Seifer?"

The tall blond turned his head to see Zell looking at him inquiringly.

"Need help getting your stuff?"

"I think you better change first..."

"Yeah...can you wait for fifteen minutes?"

"Sure"

"I gotta take a quick shower first..."

Zell fell into step with him as they walked towards their room...

FIFTEEN MINUTES LATER ; SQUALLS ROOM

Lucky for them that Squall was not home. as they gathered Zell's stuff Seifer noticed something...a note for Zell.

"Hey Zell I think this is yours..."

"Huh?...(reads)..."

"Well?"

"Nothing...come on let's take this to our room..."

"..."

BALAMB GARDEN; ZELLS AND SEIFERS ROOM

After they had Zell settled in, Seifer proved his culinary skills by cooking Fasticolin (? the orange fish inFF8*shrugs*) soufll'e and cactour jelly...*gags*

After dinner they both decided to sit and talk in the living room...

Zell was talking about buying a new pair of gloves...

Seifer couldn't resist...he leant forward and pressed his lips against Zell...

First Zell resisted but Seifer's lips felt so good and warm...

the kiss was soft...tender and sweet...both of the men savored the others taste... Zell put his hands on Seifers neck to pull him closer and Seifer obliged him by putting his hands at the shorter blonds waist and pulling him even closer.

The kiss turned passionate.

DING DING DONG...DING DING DONG

The clock had just turned to the 11th hour...

Zell broke the kiss

Seifer looked at him confused ," Zell?"

"I forgot...i have to meet someone...i gotta go...i'll be back soon..."

Zell pulled the tall blond into a kiss that had TONS of tongue action...

"I'll be back...promise...wait for me?"

"...yeah..."Seifer said dazed from the wonderful kiss.

"See yah later Seif..." With that, Zell walked out of the door...

As soon as the the door closed Seifer started to dance(badly) screaming :

"YES YES...YES YES YES...YES...YES...YES YES YES...!!!!!"

Zell was sooo happy...he'd never been kissed that way before... Squalls kisses always had been hesitant...Squall...

*Where is he?...he said to meet him at the quad...*

Just then he saw QSI.

"What are you guys doing...?"

"We still haven't found Squall..."

"Gotta go maybe he's in the training center..."

They left in a WHOSH...

Zell shrugged and walked further into the quad...

He spotted Squall be the waterfalls.

"Squall...look whatever your going to say can you hurry up and say it?... I have to go -"

~Desperate for changing
starving for truth
i'm closer where i started
i'm chasing after you~

Squall sang as he walked towards Zell

~i'm falling even more in love with you
letting go of all i've held on to
i'm standing here untill you make me move
i'm hanging by a moment here with you
~(+=REPEAT THIS LINE)

Squall took Zells hand and held it between his

~Forgetting all i'm lacking
completely incomeplete
i'll take your invatation
you'll take all of me~

Squall looked deep into Zells eyes

~+~

the scarred man held the tattoed blond in his arms

Zell was too shocked...*He's singing for...me*

~i'm living for the only thing i've known
i'm running and i question
where to go
And i don't know what i'm
tapping into
Just hanging by a moment here with you
~

Squall kissed Zell suddenly and...

*...?...?!...!?!?!??!?!?!?* Zells eyes became wider and wider as the kiss progressed.

Squall deepened the kiss oblivious to Zells state of shock...

*.?!?!?...Whys...arghhhhh..."

Zell pushed Squall on the dirt...

"Why did you do that for Squall?!?!"

"i...I realized how much i loved you...I-"

"Save it Squall...if...sob...if you really loved me you wouldn't have done what you did... and wi...sob sob...with...ri...rinoa...?!?!" * Ohh Hyne...I'm not gonna cry...I'm not gonna cry...*

"Please let me explain Zell...I love you sooo much...i-"

"Look Squall...i...just leave me alone okay...i don't need your pathetic ex-"

"But I LOVE YOU!!"Squall exclaimed as he stood up and tried to take the blond back in his arms.

Zell wasn''t having any of that however, he just took a step back...

"Zell...please...i...was...scared..."

"Of what?!"

"That you'd leave me...like sis...like my mother and father...like everyone..."

"...Squall I...i'm sorry...you hurt me...alot and...i need time...to be by myself"

"I'm sooooo sooo sorry Zell...i love soo much...i promise to show it to you and everyone in the garden...the whole world even-"

"I need time...beside I think that I'm...*falling in love with Seifer* "

"You think that your what??"

"I think that it's late and that i better go to sleep...bye!"With that, tha martial artist ran home like the omega weapon was chasing him...

BALAMB GARDEN: SEIFERS ROOM

Seifer waited for Zell to come home. he was lying on his bed with only his boxers on,

*...sigh...I wonder when my Angel will be back...*

Just then, he heard the front door open and closed.

"Zell?"

His Angel then walked into the bedroom...

"Seifer...can i...can you just hold me tonight..."

"With pleasure...Angel"Seifer patted the bed.

Zell flushed at the petname but neverless, he was pleased.He crawled into the bed next to Seifer...

Seifer kissed him in the forhead"Good night Angel..."

Zell snuggled closer"Good night my Knight..."

In Seifers arms...Zell went to sleep feeling warm and loved.

"Angel...wake up...come on...open those beautiful eyes for me..."

"Mmmmpphh..."Zell turned away from the voice...

"Come on Zell...I 've got hotdogs...!!"

*...Hotdog...must eat hotdog...*

The sleepy blond suddenly jumped out of bed and started jumping.

"Hotdog??...gimme gimme gimme...!!"

Seifer held a tray overflowing with food.

"MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm...yum!!!"

Seifer watched Zell consume his food. Taking a napkin from the tray, Seifer gently wiped some food from Zell's mouth...

"Here...you ve got some food on your mouth...your nose too...!" Seifer chuckled

Zell just smile and asked"You wanna come with me and visit Ma?"

"I don't want to intrude-"

"Nonsense!!!"

"...Sounds fun..."

"Great...mmmmmMMMMmmmmmm...these are goood"

Seifer lifted his hand and caressed Zell's cheek...moving slowly he gently pressed his lips on the younger mans'. First sucking on the lower lips then the upper lips. Seifer's tongue asked for entrance silently

RING...RING...RING...

They both sighed at the interruption...

~Zell...Seifer...it's Quistis...you guys!!!...just come down to the Quad okay...we finally caught up to Squall...~

*poor Squall...*

*Finally...that *bleep* Bleep* got what he deserved...*

BALAMB GARDEN; QUAD

Nida watched silently as Zell walked in the Quad with Seifer.

*What's HE doing with MY Seifer?!?!?!...first Squall now Seifer?!?!?what a sl*t!! No...he's not getting Seifer...i stood back and watched him with Squall, I m not going to do it agai-*

Sudden laughter cut off his thought. He followed the noise towards...Squall, a very VERY mortified Squall...a Squall that is now...

Zells POV

"holy crap...!!!" Zell couldn't believe his eyes.

"Squall...you still wear those?!?!? "

*I thought he told me that he threw those away!!!*

Seifers POV

*ooohhh hhyynneee...Laughs really hard...p.p.p.pink an...and...b.bla.ack...boxers!!*

He couldn't help it...it was funny...

QSI POV

Q-" we"

S-"are"

I-"bad @ sses"

S-"...eyes narrow...Heyy!!!theres a hole on his...eyes widen...blushes..."

Squalls POV

*They are in soo much trouble!!!...hmmm finally found the Seeds that are going to on a three month expedition in the Trabia snowfields...*

~hears QSI laghing~

* make that four months*

Zell and Seifer walked out of the.

"Zell before we go to and visit your Ma. .I need to go and get something..."

"...okay...i need to get food for our journey...in case i...we get hungry"

"Okay. .see you at the cafeteria?"

"Yeah..."

They went in separate ways casting back longing looks

Nida watched the pair talk...his eyes flashing angrily

* time for step one in my "Get away from my man(GAFMM) plan*

After waiting patiently for Seifer to come out of his room , Nida shouted "Seifer!!"

"...??...Ohh it's you...what do you want?"

"Zell told me to tell you that he is waiting at the front gate..."

"Okay...Thank you..."

Seifer switched diretions.

*step one...check *

"Zell..."

"Hi Squall...sorry about QSI. they shouldn't have done that."

"It's okay...i just gave them a new mission."

"To where?"

"The snowfields of Trabia"

"...your bad...!!"

"Yeah well...what are you doing here by yourself?"

"Waiting for Seifer..."

"ohh..."

"Squall...I think that i m falling in love with Seifer..."

"What!!" Squall looked at him with disbelief.

"...sigh...he...if...if Seifer and i start dating...will you still be my friend?"

"..."

"Please Squall...i..."

Squall smiled"Yeah..."

Zell kissed Squall's cheek and hugged him tightly"Thank you..."

Seifer waited for Zell for over half an hour...

"Where IS he?"

*Maybe he went back to the cafeteria..."

the tall blond walked in the cafeteria.

* I wonder where's my angel...looks around and spots him lean forward and kiss Squalls cheek then

hug the brunnete, whispering something in his ear...Noooooo!!!...*

feeling his world collapse around him, Seifer turned and ran.

*Step two...coming up!!!*

~~~~~~~~

Nida followed Seifer out of the lunchroom and into the Quad.

"Seifer...are you okay?"

"leave me alone!!!"'

"i can't leave here if you upset. i care about you..."

"You don't know me...why should you care?"

"...i do...i love you Seifer..."

With that, Nida grabbed Seifer and pulled him into a steamy kiss.

Neither heard the soud of a snapping twig.

Zell Walked out of the cafeteria impatiently.

*where IS he?"

He asked a couple of girls standing in front of the Quad if they had seen his knight.

"we just saw him enter the Quad..."

"thanks!"

Zell walked in...and saw Raijin and Fujin walking towards him as if in a daze.

"Are you guys okay?"

"Seifer.Nida.kiss"

"Yeah...we just walked in on them, Ya know."

"What...your lying...!"

With that said, Zell ran deeper into the Quad and...

"What the hell do you think your doing?!?!?!"

"I...uhm..."

That's when Zell entered the scene.

"What's going on here?"

"Zell!..."

"What are you doing here Zell..." Seifer glared, Nida forgotten.

"I was waiting for you...i talked to Squall...he said that should we start dating he'll be okay with it..."

"Did you have to kiss him?!?!?"

"I peeked his cheek...it was more of a goodbye kiss!"

"Then...you want to date me?"

"...I think that i'm falling in love with you..."

"...You do!!" Seifer closed in the distance betwwen them and started to kiss Zell deeply.

Nida started to make gagging sounds...

hearing the sounds...Seifer tore his lips reluctantly away from "I love you too Zell... and as for you...*Nida*...i am sorry but i love Zell...i ve always have..."

"Zell looked at Nida, eyes full of sympathy...

Nida turned and ran...his thoughts full of anger...*...not for long...*

Zell turned back to Seifer..."What did you you have to get from your room earlier?"

"It's a poem i wrote while gazing at you a couple years back...

"Please read it to me!"

"i ve got to warn you it sucks..."

"i ll love it because you wrote..."

Seifer kissed Zell softly and pulled back as he started to read the poem:

~Somewhere

Beyond the stars
across the sea
through the sand
past the forest
over the mountains
neat the waterfalls
under the moon
My love awaits for me

Somehow

During the storm
Benath the stars
about in the woods
through out a fog
between the trees
above the horizon
From the Garden
I will find you

Sometime

in the past
around the future
after the disasappering stars
midst the morning glow
beyond eternity
over the years
during your darkest hour
I will hold, for i am your knight~

"Sniff...sniff...i love you Seifer..."

"I love you too..."

Zell and Seifer walked ,hands linked together, towards Balamb. They talked about everything from GFs to boxers and battles to Hot Dogs...

"I m telling you, Seifer, you ll love my Ma, She cooks the best meals ever!"

Seifer raised an eyebrow.

"Really...she -"

"Seifer suddenly raised his hand. "Do you hear that?"

"Hear what?"

"A car...moving really fast...-"Seifer turns around suddenly and spots a car headed for Zell.

Zell sees this as well. he raised his arms in front of his face ,as if it could protect him. He also closed his eyes tightly...hoping that this was just a nightmare. He felt someone push him out of the way...and

*It's headed towards my angel!!!!*

Seifer didn't stop to think as he pushed Zell into safety...the last thing he felt and heard was this overwelming pain in his legs and his Angel screaming...

Zell watched horrified as the car hit Seifer and then run over his legs.

"NNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!"

Zell sat in the waiting room of the infirmiry...tears rolled out of his eyes.

"Zell?"

"Dr. K...how is he?"

"...There's a chance he might never walk again...and..."

"Ya doc?"

"He slipped into a coma..."

Zell fell down on his knees and more tears ran down his cheek...

"Oh...my Seifer..."

ESTHER MENTAL INSTITUTION

"Hey see that one..."

"Yeah..."

"That one is really nutty...keeps on talking to an invisible lover named Seifer"

"What a nutcase?!?"

The two guards laughed loudly as they walked away...

3 months later

Squall looked at his EX ,Zell. The Blond man was sitting quietly next to Seifer while reading a book. For the past few months Zell have been sitting beside Seifer with an unwavering hope that the taller blond would wake up in any second.

"Uhh...c...c.c.commander L.Lionheart?"

Squall turned to see the young SEED candidate.

"Yes?"

"The...uh...man your father se...sent to heal Mr. Almasy is here..."

Squall raised his eyes to the Healer...his breath caught and his heart missed a beat.

"Hi...my names Torin...Torin Valos..."

(hint hint...picture TiTus from FF10)

"..."

"Uh...are you okay?" Torin asked ,concerned.

"hmmm?...i...i m fine...so...your the man that my father sent to heal Mr. Almasy?"

" Yes...i am able to go into his subconcious...its a gift..."

"Will you be able to do it now?"

"Of course...lead the way -"

"Please...just Squall..."

"Lead the way Squall..."

Squall smiled at the handsome man.

One hour later

Squall and Zell waited outside of Seifers room.

"You like Torin don't you?" Zell smiled

"What are talking about?"

"pu-leaze...Squall your practically drooling..." his smile got wider as his friend blushed.

* woah...didn't know you can turn into that shade of red"

"So...soo what?!?!"

"I hope you two-"

The door opened.

"He's awake...-"

"My Seifer..."Zell rushed passed Torin,

"Mr. Dincht...wait!"

"My love!"

Seifer looked at him as if he grew a second head.

"What drugs are you on Chickenwuss?"

"Seifer??"

The taller blond burst out laughing.

"Damn chickenwuss...i needed that...my love..." Seifer burst out laughing.

Torin and Squall watched as Zell burst into tears...

"I m afraid he has amnesia..."

Seifer was still laughing when they pulled the sobbing Zell outside.

once outside,

Squall wrapped his arms around the blond and patted his back softly...

"I m sorry...when i went onto his subconcious...i just pulled him out of a coma... he doesn't remember anything. when i asked him what was the last thing he remembered, he said...Rinoa...i m guessing that you know this'Rinoa'?..."

Torin looked at Squall a face.

"Yes...she's both Seifer and I''s Ex-girlfriend..."

"I think we should call her..."

Squall just nodded.

"So...he only remembers me?" the raven haired girl asked for the fifth time.

"Yes Rinoa...so will you talk to him ?" Squall asked wearily.

"Okay" she replied

" try not to tell of recent events...it might only frustrate him and slow down his recovery...and there's also the matter of his legs...i m afraid that you might be the one to have to break it to him" Torin looked gravely at her...

"Sure thing...by the way...you don't happen to be single are you?"

Torins eyes widen.

"Uh...no...i m seeing someone already"

The answer was like a knife to Squalls heart.

"Oh...who?" She asked persistantly.

"Uh...its a secret but...Squall and i have been seeing eachother secretly...right Squall?"

"Y...yeah...a while now..."

"Oh...i didn't know you were with anyone Squall...oh well..." She walked into Seifers room.

Zell, who had been quietly watching them, stood up suddenly...

"Look...why don't you and Torin get a bite to eat...it's already dinner time..."

"What about you Zell?"

" i ll just stay here Squall...go...and Torin...thank you...for waking Seifr i mean..."

"I wish that i had done more..."

Zell suddenly smiled "So...you ve been dating a while huh?"

Both Squall and Torin blushed.

Zell's smile got wider..."Oh go on...just don't do anything i wouldn t..."

They blushed harder.

"Zell!!!"

In the cafeteria, Squall was muching on a Crispy Cockitrice (the one that looks like a big chicken with thunder attacks) leg with mash potatoes and gravy while Torin at a vegetable salad.

"Squall?"

"Yeah?"

"Sorry for what happen in the infirmary...i just didn't want to hurt her feelings..."

"It's okay..."

Torin smiled at him" So...uh...i m new here and...i was wondering if you can show me around Garden and Balamb..."

"Sure Torin..."

Their eyes met and for a minute...they were alone...no one was there exept the two of them.

Squall could break his gaze...nor could Torin.

In the infirmary, Seifer and Rinoa was talking.

"Oh and remember the time we first made love?" Rinoa asked.

"No...i m sorry..."

"Then let me remind you..."She whispered seductively.

Rinoa pushed Seifer against the bed. The bed hit the table slightly but enough to push a cup of water to fall in the ground.

Zell heard the glass break in Seifer's room. He rushed in and found Rinoa on top of Seifer...

They were making out...

"NOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Zell's heart felt like it was torn to shreds...

*My knight...is with that...that...that BLEEP BLEEP!!!*

tears blurred his vision. his heart felt like it was being crushed and his stomach felt like led.

Seifer and Rinoa stared, wide eyed, at the devastated blond.

Zell couldn't stand being in the same room with them, so he turned and ran...

"Zell!!!" Rinoa called...*Hmmm...didn't know he liked me...well, he does look well endowed...maybe i should pay him a visit*

Seifer couldn't believe his eyes...

*What's chicken doing here anyways...???*

Rinoa turned her face towards the bed ridden man.

"I have to check my make-up..." with that, she turned and left.

"Rinoa...wait...!!...!?!?!??!"

Seifer got out of bed and promptly fell into the floor.

"What the BLEEP!!"

He tried to get up but his feet would not budge.

"Help!!!...Rinoa?...Doc???...chicken????"

Squall walked with Torin toward the guest rooms. their hands kept on brushing against one another.

When they reached the highly decorated, yet somewhat gaudy, door, Torin reached up and held Squall's chin...

"Squall??"

"Yes??" The brunette breathed out

"do you believe in love at first sight???"

"...i do now..."

With that...Squall pulled the older man into a kiss...

They both fumbled with the door code, then once inside, fumbled with their clothes.

Zell stood at the quad...in the area where Seifer read his poem.

"Hyne...has it really been only 3 months since that day??"

He realized that he forgot his jacket at the infirmary when the cool seabreeze kissed his bare arms.

"...sigh..."

He walked back to the infirmary slowly...

Squall frantically pushed off Torins shirt with great urgency...his lips still locked into Torins, tounges still dualing...

"Hyne please...please..." Squall chanted as Torin broked the kiss and nibbled on his neck.

The sound of quiet sobbing caught the blonds attention. He was about to leave the infimary after getting his jacket when he heard it.

Zell was surprised when the noise led him into Seifers room.

Torin left passion marks at his lips wake...

"Mmmmmmmmmm...yes..." Squall moaned.

Torin led him towards the bed ,...where they spent the next 4 hour making love.

Zell found Seifer on the floor, sobbing.

"Seifer?"

"My legs...chicken...what happened to my legs...?????"

Zell hurriedly went to Seifer's side.

He gently picked up the older blond...they laid him into the bed.

"Seifer...i m soo...soo...sorry...hiccup...there was an incident a few months back..."

Seifer just cried harder.

Zell rubbed Seifers back...

"Shhh...go to sleep...we ll talk tommorrow...-"

Dr. K. suddenly walked in...

"I m sorry i was not here...i was running some test and they confirmed my fears..."

"No!...what's wrong with Seifer?!?!?!?"

"Nothing...it's Rinoa Heartily...she has contracted Syphillis( an STD caused by bacteria. if untreated, it may spread to the central nervous system, causing insanity, paralysis, and death...)...

Zell gasped and Seifer slept on...

Seifer woke up slowly from his sleep. His eyes greeted him to a very beatiful sight to behold.

Zell was fast asleep in his embrace, looking like a sweet , innocent...

*Angel...????...where did THAT come from???...*

As if sensing his agitation, Zell woke up slowly. First one eye opens , which closes immedately after a sunray hits it...trys to open it again...along with the other eye. Blinks and then he yawns loudly , Streching like a feline in the process.

"Se...yawns...Seifer??"

"I...thank you for helping me off the floor Chickenwuss"

"...I'm sorry about your legs Seifer..."

"What happened?"

"I can't tell you the details but...there was and incident...you pushed me out of the way from a speeding car..."

"So that's why your here??you feel guilty??"

"Sorta...but thats not why i m here, have been here for the past 3 months at your side while you were in a coma..."

"then why?"

"...i...why don't i get you breakfast?"

"Why Zell...just tell me why"

"We were friends..."

"WE...us...Friends?!?!?"

For a momment, Zell looked hurt but he quickly turned his facial expression into a happy Zell face.

"So...you want something or am i going to just get you some hot dog cake (Hint hint for ZBS...heck its the answer...first person to say it in their review wins)

"...hot dog cake???"

"Yeah...the cafeteria makes them especially for me!"

"Uh...i ll just have a cockatrice sandwich with a frozen mocha slushy"

"Okay...i can get those...see ya...oh and don't even think of getting up...wait till i get back...'k??"

"Yes...Mother"

Zell just rolled his eyes at him and left.

*Wow...me and chicken can get along...and he didn't get mad when I called him chickenwuss...*

Squall woke up when he felt something nibble on his ear... strong arms encircled him and a warm breath kissed his ears softly.

"Morning love..."

"Mmmmm...morning Torin...yawns..."

Squall turned and snuggled closer into the warm embrace.

"Tori (nickname)??"

"Yeah"

"Can we stay like this for a while?"

"Anything you want love"

They stayed there for a while...everything was peaceful until...

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

They both groaned.

"Hey Squally!...you ll never guess what i heard from Zell in the Cafe!!!"

Selphie Tilmitt shouted over the closed door.

TBC

Return to Archive | next