Disclaimers: I wish I owned the characters and songs I will use but alas I don’t so I’m poor.

Warnings: maybe AUish, fluff, ANGST, shounen-ai, yaoi, so if you don’t like that stuff, leave now! Squall+Seifer, SelphiexIrvine, dancing/grinding, and LOUD MUSIC!!!

Each part is usually third person pov, depending on who I pick, and its not elusive ^_^

If y’all haven’t read the notes go on back to the prologue and so on and so forth…

 

<blah> - lyrics

~~~ - slight change of POV or characters (if any)

****** - flashback (if any)

~*~*~ - scene/time/day change (if any)

Fifth Avenue

Part 11 - Feelings

By Elise Maxwell

<High, higher than the sun

You shoot me from a gun

I need you to elevate me here>

Squall stood on the balcony and stretched. The air smelled so fresh when you’d been mostly bed ridden for over a week. His side was still slightly sore but Selphie said he could walk around for the time being. In three days they were all finally going to go to the club. But it was getting colder and colder out and this annoyed Squall. Evil winter. At least its not as cold as Trabia. That’s where Selphie was now. She’d missed out on clubbing with Raijin and Fuujin but promised to be back on Friday so they could dance on Saturday night. Squall couldn’t wait. He was itching to get his hands on Seifer neck, to touch his body without a care in his mind.

<At corner of your lips

As the orbit of your hips

Eclipse

You elevate my soul>

He hopped up onto the stone rail and flipped his feet over it so they could dangle in the open air. He had no socks, and although it was cold, it felt good.

<I've got no self control

Been living like a mole now

Going down, excavation>

“BOO!” A pair of hands pushed Squall and he yelped as his body careened toward the ground. “Float!” He heard Seifer cast, and a pair of wings hefted Squall back up to the balcony’s level.

<I and I in the sky

You make me feel like I can fly

So high

Elevation>

Squall put on a peeved face and crossed his arms. “And what would you have done if you had missed?”

“I wasn’t going to miss.” He motioned Squall over, who complied. He flew over and stood next to Seifer who dismissed the spell. “Besides, I had Zell waiting on the grass just in case.” He grinned and leaned over the edge, waving to Zell, who nodded and left inside. “And you know your father has guards…”

<A star

Lit up like a cigar

Strung out like a guitar

Maybe you can educate my mind>

“What’s up?” Squall asked and sat on the rail again.

Seifer chuckled. “You trust that I won’t push you again?”

The brunette shrugged. “Yeah, why?”

“Nothing. Just hoping the trust is mutual.”

“I’m not the kind of sick person who would push someone off of a balcony.” Squall sniggered as Seifer gave him a look.

<Explain all these controls

Can't sing but I've got soul

The goal is elevation>

“So, like being up on the surface?”

“Air never tasted so good. Except when we went on that picnic. Thanks for that.”

“No problem man. Annoyed me and I was only in bed for three days.”

<A mole

Digging in a hole

Digging up my soul now

Going down, excavation>

They quieted, enjoying the cool breeze. Squall stretched. “That was fun.”

“What?”

“The float thing. I haven’t done that since the battles.”

“Wanna do it again?” Seifer grinned.

<I and I in the sky

You make me feel like I can fly

So high

Elevation>

“Nah, but if I want to do it again, I swear I’ll call you.”

“Cool.” Seifer sat down, leaning on the rails in front of Squall. The brunette rested a hand in the flaxen hair. It was so silky smooth. If only he could feel it more, more than just when they were in the club. At times like this, when no one was around or would care.

<Love

Lift me up out of these blues

Won't you tell me something true?

I believe in you>

“Almost time for supper,” Seifer said.

“Yeah,” his rival said slightly dazed. “What are we having?”

“Raijin begged for take-out cause he hasn’t had it for so long.”

“He’s got my vote.” Squall made a gaging sound. “Stupid health food Quistis made me eat.”

“She made me cook it.” Seifer looked up.

<A mole

Digging in a hole

Digging up my soul now

Going down, excavation>

“That’s true.”

“Having fun?” Seifer asked and Squall realized he’d been running his hands though the blond locks absentmindedly.

“Sorry,” Squall said as his rival looked up.

“Actually, it feels good. Not like a massage though.”

“You want one? It’s the least I can do for all the stuff you’ve done for me these past days.”

“Sounds like a plan!” Seifer scooted forward and Squall slid down behind Seifer and began to knead his shoulders.

<Higher now

In the sky

You make me feel like I can fly

So high

Elevation>

The two of them didn’t know how long it had been, but suddenly Quistis appeared at the double doors. “There you are!”

<Elevation>

“You are disturbing my bliss.” Seifer growled.

Squall sniggered and Quistis laughed outright.

“Laguna tried to convince Raijin that he would cook.”

“Don’t let him. He’s a good host, but his cooking sucks. It’s worse than mine,” Squall told her.

“Raijin already headed out for chicken.” She sat on Squall’s right and leaned back too. “Rinoa and the sex fiends are battling it out on an online Mario Cart while they have free time up in Trabia and Fuujin is out back fighting with Zell. I’ve never seen anyone measure up to Zell’s energy like Fuujin.”

“She’s a feisty little thing,” Seifer commented.

“My hands are getting sore,” Squall said as he finished off his rival’s neck.

“That’s fine.” Seifer waited until Squall was done then turned around to face the two. He waved past Squall and the two turned to see Zell and Fuujin below. Then Seifer saw Raijin returning, in his new car.

“What the hell!” He stood up and leaned over the railing yelling. Squall was forced against the rails in order to avoid Seifer’s crotch. He glanced at Quistis, whose face held an evil grin. He returned it, took a good grip on Seifer’s legs, and pushed. Seifer went right over the railing and hollered like crazy. Zell heard him coming and ended up catching him. Once Seifer realized he was being held, he was confused and stared at Zell. They looked at each other for a moment before Seifer remembered who pushed him.

“You jerk!” He waved a fist toward the balcony above. “I’ll get you!”

Squall and Quistis were above, rolling around on the concrete laughing their asses off.

“I’m so dead!” Squall said between laughs. “And now my side hurts.”

Quistis wiped the tears away from her eyes. “Let’s go get our dinner.” She helped him up and inside.

~~~

“Come on!”

Seifer dragged Squall into the kitchen under a headlock with the smaller protesting the whole way.

“My side hurts!”

“You’ll live, right Zell?”

“You’ll be fine dude! Selphie would say the same.” He waved a hand at him then went back to picking out chicken.

“You people are against me! Quistis was in on it too!”

“But I didn’t actually do anything.” Quistis was already at the table, her food all ready.

“Fine. I accept defeat. I’m hungry!”

“Okay!” Seifer let him go and went to help himself to the greasy food. Finally, a night when I don’t have to cook! He picked out his chicken as Squall quietly did the same.

<Desperate for changing starving for truth

I’m closer to where I’ve started in chasing after you>

He sat on Quistis’s left and Squall sat on his left, next to his father, who was at the head of the table. Rinoa was across from Squall. Next to her was Irvine’s spot(empty), then Selphie’s(empty), then Fuujin, and Raijin at the opposite end of Laguna. Zell was on Quistis’s right.

They all looked at Laguna who nodded, then started into their food.

Seifer passed Squall some buns, who took them, touching fingers with Seifer. They glanced in each other’s eyes for a second then went back to their business.

<I’m falling even more in love with you

Letting go of all I’ve held onto

I’m standing here until you make me move

I’m hanging by a moment here with you>

Seifer watched the brunette scarf down the food on his plate. He started to eat his own food slowly when Quistis began to rag Squall.

“Eat slower or you’re gonna choke.”

“Yes, mother.” Squall snorted.

“Oh, let him chow down, Quis. He’s been eating your damn health food crap for who knows how long!” Seifer defended.

“You are my true friend!” Squall grinned and held out a hand. Seifer laughed and shook his hand. It was warm, soft and warm. He didn’t want to let go, but he did, successfully too.

“I’ll never wash this hand again!” Seifer squealed and hugged it. The whole table cracked up and Squall just about spit out the water he had taken a sip of.

<Forgetting all I’m lacking

Completely incomplete

I’ll take your invitation

And you take all of me now>

Seifer smacked Squall on the back as he choked down the liquid, laughing the whole time. This didn’t help Squall much as he was trying to get rid of the water before it fountained out of his mouth.

“Breathe son.” Laguna chuckled.

“I’m trying!” He said, finally laughing out loud.

This is so great; we’re all together, having fun. Well, except the sex fiends, but that’s totally acceptable. He looks so happy. I’m so glad I agreed to come. He’s so beautiful when he’s laughing. Seifer munched on a chicken leg, glancing at his rival.

<I’m falling even more in love with you

Letting go of all I’ve held onto

I’m standing here until you make me move

I’m hanging by a moment here with you>

Just like when I cast float on him. He looked like an angel, an annoyed angel, still gorgeous all the same. Seifer smiled and drank some water as conversation swirled around him. He was lost in his happy thoughts and for once, no one seemed to take notice or bother him. Thank Hyne. I wish I could be having dinner with him, alone, right now. But it’s nice to have a family now.

<I'm living for the only thing I know

I'm running and not quite sure where to go

And I don't know what I'm diving into

Just hanging by a moment here with you>

“Seifer?” Quistis asked

“Yes?” He took a bite of his chicken.

“Could you pass me the salt?”

“Why, yes dear sister.” Seifer grinned as she took the shaker from him with a smile.

“This is like a regular family you got here Seifer,” Raijin commented.

<There’s nothing left to loose

There’s nothing left to find

There’s nothing in the world

That could change my mind

There is nothing else>

“Yeah. They just wont go home. They think they live here!”

Zell and Laguna hit him with buns from both sides.

Squall stood up and waved his arms. “Hey, hey! This is food Seifer did not cook. We shouldn’t waste it.”

Everyone agreed as Squall sat and Seifer’s eyebrow began to twitch. With a straight face, he scooped up a helping of mashed potatoes and flicked the spoonful into Squall’s face. Everyone froze. The brunette then took his dad’s wine glass and poured the red wine into Seifer’s hair. The blond’s eyes narrowed to slits.

“FOOD FIGHT!!” They both yelled at the same time and the table erupted food. As everyone fought, Zell ran into the kitchen and returned with cookie batter bowls Seifer had made up and been saving for later. He set them on the table and it was on everyone, and him, in a matter of seconds.

Seifer took a handful of the batter, grabbed the back of Squall’s neck and shoved it in his face. Squall began to struggle and in the process, tripped Seifer with his foot, sending them to the ground. Seifer rolled them under the table, laying on Squall to pin him down. Squall wiped all of the dough off of his face and stuck his tongue out. Seifer laughed and licked some cookie dough on his cheek. They stared at each other; Squall in bewilderment, and Seifer in embarrassment.

<Desperate for changing starving for truth

I’m closer to where I started chasing after you>

Seifer leaned forward and let his lips do the talking. Squall’s eyes widened in surprise, and then closed as he realized what was happening.

His lips are so… soft… Seifer thought.

<I'm falling even more in love with you

Letting go of all I've held onto

I'm standing here until you make me move

I'm hanging by a moment here with you>

A bowl clattered on the floor breaking the kiss. The war was still raging above. Seifer pulled the bowl over to see some dough left. He and Squall looked at one another and grinned. They both took the last handfuls and popped up on opposite sides of the table. Seifer clocked Zell in the chest while Squall aimed at his father and connected on the side of Laguna’s face. The two looked around to see everyone surprised, yet sporting food all over their outfits. The food was all used up.

<I'm living for the only thing I know

I'm running and not quite sure where to go

And I don't know what I'm diving into

Just hanging by a moment here with you>

Seifer grinned cheekily. “I get downstairs bathroom!”

“I got upstairs!” Squall yelled and they both ran off in opposite directions.

Everyone else’s mouths dropped. The rivals had ended the battle spectacularly, and had won the bathrooms.

Quistis made a small whimpering noise and Fuujin slumped in her seat.

“I didn’t know you could shotgun a bathroom,” the gray haired girl mused.

<Just hanging by a moment here with you>

“Boy you sure shower slowly!” Seifer said from the couch as Squall entered the living room from the stairs.

“Hey! Hair like this doesn’t just come from a comb. Well, actually it does...” Squall stopped and looked around. “Where did everyone go?”

“Across the street to the YMCA.” He grinned at Squall’s amused face. “Yeah, I’m sure the Wednesday night crowd loved the sight.”

Squall snickered and flopped down next to the blonde. “So…”

“So,” Seifer shut the TV off and set down the remote. “What do you want to do?”

“Eat.” Squall grinned at the laughing blonde. “Well I didn’t really get to eat anything because you started the fight.”

“Did you put my clothes in the wash with yours?” Seifer asked.

“Yeah, why?” A frown crossed the brunette’s forehead.

“Because, for being so nice, I’ll cook ya dinner. The others can fend for themselves.”

“Sweet,” Squall said with raised eyebrows. He followed Seifer to the somewhat cleaner kitchen, rolling up his sleeves, knowing he’d have to play helper before Seifer would feed him. As he watched the blonde take ingredients out of the refrigerator, he wondered if his rival would mention anything about the food fight…

 

 

Songs used: Elevation(TombRaider Soundtrack) by U2 and Hanging by a Moment by Lifehouse

I own none of these songs; they belong to their respective writers and singers.

Return to Archive | next | previous