Author notes:
I don't own any of these characters. You can still send me money. Please? (j/k)
Send me an email if you liked/hated it. Just keep in mind that I am a person with feelings and pepper spray.

Back to Balamb

Chapter 16 - Together

By Kaerith

SQUALL:

I sobbed in relief when he said that, burying my nose in his shirt and wrapping my arms around him. Seifer clutched me against him, crying himself. I was so filled with relief that I only have heard what he was murmuring into my hair. Calling me beautiful, perfect. Saying how much he had hoped and wished, never thinking I could ever love him back. Saying he'd never leave me, never hurt me, again.

When I stopped crying I reluctantly pulled away from him, wiping the last of my tears away. I gazed into his green eyes. Seifer cupped my cheek in his callused palm and leaned forward slowly. I circled my arms around his neck and parted my lips.

When our lips met, liquid fire rippled down my body. I was intensely aware of his lips and hands, one on my jaw, the other on the small of my back. I snuggled against him without breaking the kiss, deepening it. Our tongues met and danced, running over teeth and exploring.Seifer broke the kiss. Still holding me close he asked, "Are you sure? You can back out now, and I'll go back to my room."

"You said you wouldn't leave!" I clung to him, my childhood fears surfacing.

Seifer stroked my hair. "Only if you want me to. I just don't want to be responsible for what happens tonight if you change your

mind."My anxiety eased. "I'll be responsible for what happens tonight," I said with a smile.

Seifer's answer was to kiss me. This kiss was even better than the last; flavored with his love, relief, and passion. I squeezed my eyes tighter and replied wordlessly. His hands roamed my back, my hair, my chest. I ran a hand through his hair and stroked his cheek with the other.

Timed stopped. I couldn't think. I just felt. We broke apart and looked at each other.

"C'mere," Seifer said, leaning back against the arm of the sofa and putting his feet on the coffee table. I slid next to him, putting my head on his shoulder. He draped his left arm around me while I held his right hand. "Tired?" he asked.

"Yeah."

"Me too. Bawling always wears me out." He kicked off his shoes. "Go to sleep, Squall. I'll be here when you wake up." *He will.* I trusted him. I nuzzled my head against his shirt and closed my eyes.

QUISTIS:

Where is Seifer? My car was back in the garage, so he was around Garden someplace. I went to Zell's dormitory. The door was unlocked. I opened it enough to stick my head through. There was Seifer, eyes closed, holding Squall who was also sleeping. Smiling, I tiptoed to get a blanket from Squall's bed and draped it over them. I stood for a moment, noting the slight smile each had. I went into the hallway and locked the door behind me. I sighed. *Finally.* I walked down the quiet hallway, turning down the lights. Tomorrow was another day.

Return to Archive | next | previous